Tortora, Giorgio - Studio n.1 - I Ranuncoli gialli

Audio and video recordings of contemporary music from 1940 to the present. Our interpretations of works for which the copyright holders have given their permission.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Chobanian, Loris - Maharaja's Fancy - Trio Video
or Pujol, M. D. - Preludio Triston - Video (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
KeMe

Re: Tortora, Giorgio - Studio n.1 (I Ranuncoli gialli)

Post by KeMe » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:22 am

Okay, I declare it a tie !

In trying to decide which of you is the most gifted musician, you or Tortora. It is definitely a tie!
Tortora, for writing such an inspiring piece and you for playing with so much inspiration and gentleness.
I thank both of you for this making it possible to hear you play for us. You have no idea how much I truly enjoyed listening to to you play
:merci:

:ride: Kay
Music touches the heart, but playing classical guitar can lift your heart and enrich your life.

marjan.nonaka

Post by marjan.nonaka » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:46 am

:okok:

mpferreira

Post by mpferreira » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:28 pm

Hi, Summer,
Beautiful playing. I specially liked your phrasing.
Please, extend my congratulations to Giorgio Tortora.
Best,

dbeau

Post by dbeau » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:26 am

Summer,
I don't know whether it is the technical knowledge of CG gleaned from threads or the opportunity to hear something as nice as what you recorded with a 'new' song to learn that creates my addiction to Delcamp.
THANK YOU

Evelyn

Post by Evelyn » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:54 pm

Summer,

I finally found it! It's lovely. Thankyou for sharing it! You are truly an inspiration.

Evelyn

remmus

Post by remmus » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:21 am

Thanks everyone for all the kind, positive responses to my first mp3. I really do appreciate it. :merci: However, my ego is running up and down the streets right now hollering, "THEY LIKE IT!!! THEY LIKE IT!!!" (How obnoxious! :oops: )

Summer
:guitare:
"...it is awfully easy to become content with a level below what one is actually capable of." - Carl Peter

cerusin

Re: Tortora, Giorgio - Studio n.1 - I Ranuncoli gialli

Post by cerusin » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:46 pm

very beautiful!
we like you, we really really like you sally... err summer.

Guitar Slim

Post by Guitar Slim » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:19 pm

I just happened to see a reference to this recording in another post -- but it took me a while to find it!

Summer, I know the name of this area is misleading, and this is indeed your "first MP3." But -- I believe this section is more for beginners and those who have only been playing a short period of time. It's clear from your performance -- that doesn't apply to you! :shock:

Truly a lovely piece, beautifully performed. I will keep an eye out for any more of your recordings.

I also intend to keep an eye out for Mr. Tortora's printed guitar music (I found him on a few Italian websites but haven't checked the US distributors.)

Anyway, MODs, what do you think? Shouldn't this be moved to the main "Our Interpretations" area? It should get even more attention over there...

remmus

Post by remmus » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:17 pm

by Guitar Slim on Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:19 pm
I just happened to see a reference to this recording in another post -- but it took me a while to find it!

Summer, I know the name of this area is misleading, and this is indeed your "first MP3." But -- I believe this section is more for beginners and those who have only been playing a short period of time. It's clear from your performance -- that doesn't apply to you! :shock:

Truly a lovely piece, beautifully performed. I will keep an eye out for any more of your recordings.

I also intend to keep an eye out for Mr. Tortora's printed guitar music (I found him on a few Italian websites but haven't checked the US distributors.)

Anyway, MODs, what do you think? Shouldn't this be moved to the main "Our Interpretations" area? It should get even more attention over there...
Yes, you are right Chris. I realize that now and I have been playing for longer than 3 years. So, I'm fine with it getting moved to a better place. I will PM a moderator and ask them to move this thread to a more appropriate location. Thanks for bringing this to my attention! :)

Summer
"...it is awfully easy to become content with a level below what one is actually capable of." - Carl Peter

owl

Post by owl » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:32 pm

Summer wrote: I realize that now and I have been playing for longer than 3 years. So, I'm fine with it getting moved to a better place. I will PM a moderator and ask them to move this thread to a more appropriate location. Thanks for bringing this to my attention! :)
Summer... most first timers do post here... and it is OK to do that
However I think you belong in the 'Play pen' too... you really are too good to languish over here :roll:

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

remmus

Post by remmus » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:42 pm

Summer... most first timers do post here... and it is OK to do that
However I think you belong in the 'Play pen' too... you really are too good to languish over here :roll:

Owl
Languish - as in relax, lay on my back and be served fruity drinks with those cute little umbrellas in them??? Languishing is good. :lol:

owl

Post by owl » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:51 pm

Summer wrote: Languishing is good. :lol:
LOL your sort of languish sounds good to me as well :D ... I'll have a 'Harvey Wall Banger' thanks!

This is the sort of languish that I meant! :mouton:

lan·guish
Pronunciation:
\ˈlaŋ-gwish\

1 a: to be or become feeble, weak, or enervated b: to be or live in a state of depression or decreasing vitality
2 a: to become dispirited b: to suffer neglect <the bill languished in the Senate for eight months>
3 a: to assume an expression of grief or emotion appealing for sympathy

Owl

remmus

Post by remmus » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:25 pm

1 a: to be or become feeble, weak, or enervated b: to be or live in a state of depression or decreasing vitality
2 a: to become dispirited b: to suffer neglect <the bill languished in the Senate for eight months>
3 a: to assume an expression of grief or emotion appealing for sympathy

Owl
Owl - your definition is gosh-darn depressing! After reading them I fear I can never use "languish" again as before! This won't do! I must change it! I think I feel a "languish" episode coming on.........oh dearie me! Hep me before I fall! :P Wait, here....hold my mint julep for me first......o.k.......THUMP! :P :P

owl

Post by owl » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:37 pm

Summer wrote:Wait, here....hold my mint julep for me first......o.k.......THUMP! :P :P
Ooops!... hang on....wait!
Got it!... wow, that was close... what a waste that would've been! :shock:

Oh!.... uummm.... errr... you OK?

LOL See you in the 'playpen' :grire:

Owl
PS. Maybe you mean 'languid'

With their strength, grace, and endurance, [they] move about naturally, freely, at a tempo determined by climate and tradition, somewhat languid, unhurried, knowing one can never achieve everything in life anyway, and besides, if one did, what would be left over for others?

-- Ryszard Kapuscinski, The Shadow of the Sun (translated by Klara Glowczewska)

remmus

Post by remmus » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:18 am

by owl on Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:37 am

PS. Maybe you mean 'languid'

Honestly, I just don't know....... I am so confused...... :? :? :?

Return to “Our recordings of Contemporary music”