Tortora, Giorgio - Studio n.1 - I Ranuncoli gialli

Audio and video recordings of contemporary music from 1940 to the present. Our interpretations of works for which the copyright holders have given their permission.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Chobanian, Loris - Maharaja's Fancy - Trio Video
or Pujol, M. D. - Preludio Triston - Video (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
remmus

Re: Tortora, Giorgio - Studio n.1 - I Ranuncoli gialli

Post by remmus » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:43 pm

HE DID IT!!!! MR. TORTORA WROTE ME A SONG!!! (I just got it a few minutes ago in my e-mail!)
I'm so excited! No one has ever done anything like this for me before!

Happy happy happy happy!!!!!

It will probably be a while, but I hope to have it ready for mp3 upload in the near future. Should I still get his permission or is it assumed to be alright? I guess I should check with Mr. Delcamp to be sure.

WOW!!! I still can't believe this!
:shock: :D :shock: :D :? :D :? :D :shock: (I'm going through a gamut of emotions right now....)
"...it is awfully easy to become content with a level below what one is actually capable of." - Carl Peter

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Post by Denian Arcoleo » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:48 pm

What a lovely gentle piece and played with a corresponding delicacy. I really enjoyed some of the harmonies in there and your tone is beautiful.

Thanks for posting and I really hope the composer writes another one especially for you and perhaps we could hear it here.

All the best

Michael

Post by Michael » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:53 pm

Summer wrote:HE DID IT!!!! MR. TORTORA WROTE ME A SONG!!! (I just got it a few minutes ago in my e-mail!)
I'm so excited! No one has ever done anything like this for me before!

Happy happy happy happy!!!!!

It will probably be a while, but I hope to have it ready for mp3 upload in the near future. Should I still get his permission or is it assumed to be alright? I guess I should check with Mr. Delcamp to be sure.

WOW!!! I still can't believe this!

Hey Summer!

That is brilliant and I am so pleased for you! You must have impressed him big time!

I, and countless others, will be awaiting your mp3 of it, when you have it in the can.

Wow, that's great having your very own piece of Tortora's music!

How exciting! :bravo:

It is a good idea to double check with permission and get it in writing again.

Good Luck! :okok:
All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.
(Frank Zappa)

remmus

Post by remmus » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:23 pm

by Michael on Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:53 pm

Hey Summer!

That is brilliant and I am so pleased for you! You must have impressed him big time!

I, and countless others, will be awaiting your mp3 of it, when you have it in the can.

Wow, that's great having your very own piece of Tortora's music!

How exciting! :bravo:

It is a good idea to double check with permission and get it in writing again.

Good Luck! :okok:
I will ask for his permission. I'm still floating about 3 feet off the ground - and I feel like crying too. This makes me weepy because it's more than I can emotionally process right now - I've never had anything like this done before. It's a big, big, BIG deal to me.
I've sat down with it and played it through as best I can right now - lots of fingerings I will have to work on. It's not real easy, but it's not terribly hard either. And it's SO BEAUTIFUL! Mr. Tortora has such talent - I love this piece already! He named it after my two little girls - "Dulcea and Sophia Song". :o

summer
:D :cry: :shock: :cry: :D :o
"...it is awfully easy to become content with a level below what one is actually capable of." - Carl Peter

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:34 pm

Hello Summer,
Summer wrote:...I'm still floating about 3 feet off the ground - and I feel like crying too. This makes me weepy because it's more than I can emotionally process right now - I've never had anything like this done before. It's a big, big, BIG deal to me.
I've sat down with it and played it through as best I can right now - lots of fingerings I will have to work on. It's not real easy, but it's not terribly hard either. And it's SO BEAUTIFUL! Mr. Tortora has such talent - I love this piece already! He named it after my two little girls - "Dulcea and Sophia Song"...
You've got me floating off the ground too! How wonderful, I am so pleased for you,

Best wishes, V :D :mouton: :D :mouton: :D :mouton: :D
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

owl

Post by owl » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:49 pm

Summer wrote: I'm still floating about 3 feet off the ground - and I feel like crying too. This makes me weepy because it's more than I can emotionally process right now - I've never had anything like this done before. It's a big, big, BIG deal to me.
You know how I feel for you! :flowers:

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:41 am

Hi Summer,

I took the plunge and ordered the 'Dodoci Studi' and it came this morning complete with the whole set on CD played by Giorgio Tortora. I'll have a very busy afternoon—not to mention the next few weeks!

Incidentally the publisher, Sinfonica, has a PDF catalogue and a good list of guitar music including transcriptions by one of our members, Fabio Rizza.

There are also a couple of pages of free PDF samples and free MP3 samples, they are not all guitar works by any means, but may be of interest to some members,

Best wishes, V :D
Last edited by Vesuvio on Fri May 02, 2008 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

remmus

Post by remmus » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:47 pm

by Vesuvio on Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:41 am
Hi Summer,

I took the plunge and ordered the 'Dodoci Studi' and it came this morning complete with the whole set on CD played by Giorgio Tortora. I'll have a very busy afternoon—not to mention the next few weeks!
You won't be disappointed Vesuvio! All of his pieces are wonderful. I have listened to that CD many times and it's still difficult for me to decide which piece I want to learn next since they all are so beautiful. Good for you!!! :okok:

Please let me know what you are working on! :D

This morning he sent me a recording of "Dulcea and Sophia Song" and wow! It's extraordinarily beautiful. I've noodled through it several times already and sort of have it mapped out in my head but it will be a long time before I'm ready to upload it. :cry: There are a few left-hand challenges to say the least! :shock: :)

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:39 pm

Hi Summer,
Summer wrote:...Please let me know what you are working on! :D ...
It is definitely going to be "I Ranuncolii Gialli" first!

Have you looked at any of the other collections in the Sinfonica catalogue? I have the back page of the Tortora studies in front of me and I am looking at the left hand column,

Best wishes, V :)

eales

Post by eales » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:29 pm

That's wonderful Summer! I'm so pleased for you and I'm sure you deserve it! Can't wait to hear it. :D

Vesuvio I had a look at your link and it's very tempting - I've bookmarked it for later. :D

remmus

Post by remmus » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:36 pm

y Vesuvio on Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:39 pm

It is definitely going to be "I Ranuncolii Gialli" first!

Have you looked at any of the other collections in the Sinfonica catalogue? I have the back page of the Tortora studies in front of me and I am looking at the left hand column,
Hi Vesuvio,

I've skimmed that page but it looks so high-brow to me. It sort of scares me! :oops:
I also have Tortora's, "Variazioni su un tema poplare gradese" but have not played any thing out of it yet. No CD came with it so I would have to rely on myself to hear how it sounds and that scares me even more than the page of Sinfonica catalogue collections! :oops: :wink:

nina

Post by nina » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:26 pm

This is a really great little piece - nice harmonies and very melodious - call me old fashioned, but I like a nice melody! :D You play it with a lovely tone and it flows very smoothly and sings out. Will be looking out for your recording of Totora's new piece - its really special to have a piece written especially for you. I am envious. :? Congrats!

Also, us women are often in a minority when it comes to this instrument - it is nice to hear more women play. :bye:

remmus

Post by remmus » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:14 am

by nina on Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:26 pm
This is a really great little piece - nice harmonies and very melodious - call me old fashioned, but I like a nice melody! :D You play it with a lovely tone and it flows very smoothly and sings out. Will be looking out for your recording of Totora's new piece - its really special to have a piece written especially for you. I am envious. :? Congrats!

Also, us women are often in a minority when it comes to this instrument - it is nice to hear more women play. :bye:
OH MY GOD! NINA! I'm so sorry! I just realized now that you posted that!
I feel so awful for not thanking you sooner :oops: :cry: :cry: You are so kind! Thank-you, even though you may never read this, your words have touched my heart......thank-you!

Hey! Looks like I just popped myself back to the top o' da heap! I guess then I should give myself a listen and report back...... :lol:

marcus.2

Post by marcus.2 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:25 am

Hi summer,

That's beautiful. You have really captured the essence. Thanks, marcus.

remmus

Post by remmus » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:29 pm

Thanks Marcus! :D

Return to “Our recordings of Contemporary music”