Tortora, Giorgio - Dulcea and Sophia Song

Audio and video recordings of contemporary music from 1940 to the present. Our interpretations of works for which the copyright holders have given their permission.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Chobanian, Loris - Maharaja's Fancy - Trio Video
or Pujol, M. D. - Preludio Triston - Video (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
remmus

Re: Tortora, Giorgio - Dulcea and Sophia Song

Post by remmus » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:49 am

Wow! Thanks Sean!

I also meant to thank elbaroda, marcusw. and nokturong for the nice compliments. Sorry guys, I really didn't mean to miss you! :merci:
"...it is awfully easy to become content with a level below what one is actually capable of." - Carl Peter

Erik Zurcher

Post by Erik Zurcher » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:22 pm

Hi Summer,
After listening this piece for the twentieth time: it's really growing on me! I keep listening to it and love it more every time I hear it. This piece will forever be your piece. Keep playing it! Explore every nuance possible.
Love,
Erik
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

remmus

Post by remmus » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:43 am

e.zurcher wrote:Hi Summer,
After listening this piece for the twentieth time: it's really growing on me! I keep listening to it and love it more every time I hear it. This piece will forever be your piece. Keep playing it! Explore every nuance possible.
Love,
Erik
Thanks Erik! I had my first guitar lesson in over 4 years today and we went over that song. He has really opened my eyes to some great possibilities with it and I'm anxious to get started on it. He found a few spots where it should be re-fingered which will allow me to do some interesting effects. He also showed me where I could use rubato, tonal changes, some serious vibrato spots, and other goodies! I just hope I can remember them all until tomorrow. Giorgio! You're gonna get a surprise soon!
"...it is awfully easy to become content with a level below what one is actually capable of." - Carl Peter

Mirek

Post by Mirek » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:34 pm

A very enchanting piece of music. I am sure it will be a real hit on this forum, both owing to the author and you, Summer.
Bravo!!!

saran321

Post by saran321 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:58 am

I do need to give it more flair for sure! Thanks chicken-lover!
:twisted:

matoyamni

Post by matoyamni » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:08 pm

Summer

I have been listening to this piece over and over again - it is so very sweet. You play it beautifully! I would really love a copy as well, if your friend is willing. Please let me know!

Thank you for starting my day off on a beautiful note!

Julie

remmus

Post by remmus » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:14 pm

Thank you so very much mozarteusz and matoyamni. It's always good to hear such such nice comments! Matoyamni - I'll check to see if the sheet music is available.

Thank-you all again! :D

starcove

Post by starcove » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:30 am

I really like the way you played this piece. Nice tone and an excellent composition. Thanks for sharing.

:bravo:

remmus

Post by remmus » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:28 am

Thank-you Starcove! I do appreciate it. :)

Erik Zurcher

Post by Erik Zurcher » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:13 pm

As Giorgio Tortoro's music is going to have a boost in the near future, I thought: let's give this recording a boost as well! Italian guitarist and composer Giorgio Tortora has graciously offered 24 etudes for members of this forum to study and record. You will be hearing of it in a later stage. Summer's fine rendition of 'Dulcea and Sophia Song' will give you an idea about his work.
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:26 pm

Thank you so much for bumping this up, Erik! I missed it the first time around. :oops:

What a beautiful piece! And beautifully played, Summer!

I love it the way it is, but do you plan to resubmit it since you've made some changes after your lesson? It would be interesting to hear the difference.

Thank you for sharing,

Alan

Tubbers

Post by Tubbers » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:53 am

I think it's beautiful and could be used in a film. :casque:
:applauso:
Help!

remmus

Post by remmus » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:58 pm

Tarbaby wrote:Thank you so much for bumping this up, Erik! I missed it the first time around. :oops:

What a beautiful piece! And beautifully played, Summer!

I love it the way it is, but do you plan to resubmit it since you've made some changes after your lesson? It would be interesting to hear the difference.

Thank you for sharing,

Alan
I don't know if I will resubmit it or not. I guess I could if I feel it's significantly better. I've started noodling around with it again so we'll see! And thank-you for the kind comment Tarbaby! :D

remmus

Post by remmus » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:58 pm

Tubbers wrote:I think it's beautiful and could be used in a film. :casque:
:applauso:

Wow! Thanks Tubbers! :D

Christa

Post by Christa » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:13 am

Hi Summer,
i enjoyed this mp3 very much. Your interpretation is beautiful, i love it.
I will listen to it again and again, because its beautiful music and when i close my eyes I get total relax :wink:
Is it possibel to get the score of this wonderful piece?
Bye

Return to “Our recordings of Contemporary music”