Talarn, Paco - Cançó trista

Audio and video recordings of contemporary music from 1940 to the present. Our interpretations of works for which the copyright holders have given their permission.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Chobanian, Loris - Maharaja's Fancy - Trio Video
or Pujol, M. D. - Preludio Triston - Video (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
hav

Talarn, Paco - Cançó trista

Post by hav » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:19 am

Paco (pakillo) gave me permission to record and post this beautiful piece that he composed. I did this one after only a couple of evenings memorizing and practicing it so I'll probably make a new one in the furure - but I really have been chompin' at the bit to share this with the gang here in the English forums.

When giving me permission to record and present this piece, Paco gave me some insight into his impetus - what a wonderful (and sad) confirmation of what I felt when I first heard it...

From Paco:

This piece is a silent and impotent cry, that surface in the hours immediately following the loss of a much-loved member of my family, who during my childhood shared many long afternoons of guitar and love.

It is a sad song dedicated to my grandmother, who died, after bitter agony, spent in silence, caused by accursed alzheimers that lasted for many years.

Anyway - I hope my attempt at performance will do justice to the beauty and sadness of the piece - and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.

I have also posted a vid of it and, for those who cannot yet access the vids here, you can see it on my junk pages -- you can also hear and watch pakillo's performance on the French forums - and the score is in the "you own creations" forum there as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by hav on Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

tomc

Post by tomc » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:10 am

My congratulations to you Horace. You've made it back. You do know that don't you? Lose the processing, it's no longer needed.

owl

Post by owl » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:22 am

tomc wrote:My congratulations to you Horace. You've made it back. You do know that don't you? Lose the processing, it's no longer needed.
Agreed Tom :flowers:

hav... fantastic mate... have posted comments in vid section.

Joy in the music
Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

charlesivey

Post by charlesivey » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:25 am

Horace and Paco: Thank you.
CI

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler" A. Einstein

homayoonsaleh

Post by homayoonsaleh » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:49 am

Dear Hav,
I am impressed, both from the beauty and sadness of this piece on one hand, and for your great emotional and expressive way of playing it on the other hand.
I am not a member of the French forum. Would you please do me a favor and send me the score (If the permission of Paco is granted).
God bless his grandma's soul.

Happy Guitar
Homayoun

rageandlove04

Post by rageandlove04 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:55 am

As usual hav, beautifully played. I like this a lot after hearing it the first time. Not something that happens often. Thanks so much!

hav

Post by hav » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:07 am

thanks y'all - I think the piece almost plays itself - quite a rare thing. Pakillo did really great with this!!

Maïa

Post by Maïa » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:23 am

homayoonsaleh wrote:Dear Hav,
I am impressed, both from the beauty and sadness of this piece on one hand, and for your great emotional and expressive way of playing it on the other hand.
I am not a member of the French forum. Would you please do me a favor and send me the score (If the permission of Paco is granted).
God bless his grandma's soul.

Happy Guitar
Homayoun
Hello Homayoon
If you wish you can register on the french forum and join the 40+ international group, so that you'll access the score and the video and mp3 of Paco who's very great.

joeclassy

Post by joeclassy » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:26 pm

Sad and haunting...the way it was supposed to be.

You played it very nice. The story you sent along gave it that much more meaning.

strings

Post by strings » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:26 pm

Very, very nice. Expressive and longing. Wonderful.

Nathanael

Post by Nathanael » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:39 pm

Sad but beautiful and well played hav :D

norban

Post by norban » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:54 pm

Beautifully played Hav,

it sounds the best when you're in the mood for it.

hav

Post by hav » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:16 pm

Thanks y'all - but I think Pakillo deserves the bulk of the praise here - this one pretty much plays itself - the only thing I need to try and do is keep my hands from getting in the way (only partly successful so far)

darkshark

Post by darkshark » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:52 am

Nicely expressed Hav. That is truly a beautiful piece of music, thanks to Paco, but also a worthy performance from yourself that captured the essence of sandness and helplessness he intended.
Tom. :applauso:

Florentin Tise

Post by Florentin Tise » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:48 am

Hav,

Thank you for sharing this beautiful piece. It sounds lovely.
I think you did a wonderful job.

Great work!

Return to “Our recordings of Contemporary music”