Talarn, Paco - Cançó trista

Audio and video recordings of contemporary music from 1940 to the present. Our interpretations of works for which the copyright holders have given their permission.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Chobanian, Loris - Maharaja's Fancy - Trio Video
or Pujol, M. D. - Preludio Triston - Video (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Russell

Post by Russell » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:03 am

Righto Hav, as we have said before, you bought this piece to fruition with you, your guitar, and the music. Good of Paco to share it this way too.
Very beautiful rendition indeed.:bravo:

Russ :)

hav

Post by hav » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:17 pm

thanks DS, flo and russ.

Gorobete

Post by Gorobete » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:11 pm

Hi Horace!
I enjoyed a lot your interpretiation!!
Beautiful, so full of feeling!
:bravo: :applauso:

hav

Post by hav » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:05 pm

Thanks Gorobete- be sure to drop pakillo a note as well - I think he did finally register here in the english but you might catch him quicker in the french or spanish.

jeff carter

Post by jeff carter » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:52 am

I think I commented on AG's Classical Corner, but if not, I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed this music and your playing. Very sensitive, very musical, very dynamic, and beautiful phrasing. Thanks...

--Jeff

Logan

Post by Logan » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:59 am

Hav
you have a nice feel for this work it suits you very well. Bravo!!!! :applauso: :bravo:

cardamomo

Post by cardamomo » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:55 am

I want to thank you expecially, Horace, for this interpretation. The small description about the story that brought this piece to birth touched me, as well as your interpretation.

Moreover (as many of us here for sure), I've been touched by the thoughts and feelings regarding persons that I miss too; and the piece helped feel both the sadness and the glad memories bound to these persons. Thank you again, and a huge thank you to Paco.

Alessio

hav

Post by hav » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Thanks again y'all - and I'm sure Paco thanks you as well - again - it pretty much plays itself - wish I had done a little better job of keeping my hands out of the way of the music - but there it is.

Hey carmo! if you have occasion to speak or message Thierry Tisserand on the French side, please pass on my congratulations and a sincere desire to get a look at the score for his (?) "La Cécilienne" - it's probably a bit beyond my hands at the moment but, after watching and listening to Cecile's performance, I'd sure like to give it a look-see. Thanks!

cardamomo

Post by cardamomo » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:08 pm

Hey Hav, I've just PMed Thierry, and I'll let you (all of you) know what he'll answer.

Thank you again for your playing.
Alessio

hav

Post by hav » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:39 pm

thanks car-mo - maybe he'll (I mean, he IS a "he" - yes?) let us get a look once it's published. I REALLY like it and I think it'd be a nice addition here (there's really a lot of nice stuff over there on the French side - no?)

cardamomo

Post by cardamomo » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:11 pm

Sorry everybody for not having published Thierry's answer to Hav's question: Thierry says it's not available now, but it will be published during this year by Henry Lemoine.

And yes Hav, a lot of great stuff on the French side... after all they're near my country, and they get a lot of good influence from Italy! :strizzalocchio:

Alessio

hav

Post by hav » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:46 pm

cardamomo wrote:... after all they're near my country, and they get a lot of good influence from Italy! :strizzalocchio:
:grire: :grire: :grire:
yes sir they do!!

Steve Kutzer

Post by Steve Kutzer » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:20 pm

This is a beautiful piece, well played. Thanks for the backstory, too.

:bravo: :mp3svp:

hav

Post by hav » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:04 pm

Thanks Steve - be sure to drop paco (pakillo) a note as well - it's his piece after all -- all I did was try to present it here on the English side.

btw - he is probably more active in the french forums and I'm not sure a PM from the english side will reach him there - so you may need to send a pm from the french furums. Anyway - he deserves the credit for sure!

petko

Post by petko » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:43 pm

your a great player HAV :merci: :merci: :merci:

Return to “Our recordings of Contemporary music”