Talarn, Paco - Cançó trista

Audio and video recordings of contemporary music from 1940 to the present. Our interpretations of works for which the copyright holders have given their permission.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Chobanian, Loris - Maharaja's Fancy - Trio Video
or Pujol, M. D. - Preludio Triston - Video (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
otik

Post by otik » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:04 am

very heartfelt performance...thank you! great composition too!

hav

Post by hav » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:15 am

Thanks y'all - please be sure to also drop paco (pakillo) a note - he wrote a real winner in this piece!!

Michael

Post by Michael » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:53 pm

Horace, at last I am on broadband and I am wading through these wonderful efforts by everybody.

I love this... it is so sad and achingly beautiful.
A lovely piece played by someone who can do it justice.

Lovely and well done Horace! :merci:

hav

Post by hav » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:32 pm

Hey - and thanks Michael - wish I could take credit but, as I've said before, Paco's piece pretty much plays itself (as long as I can keep my hands out of the way).

Hey - congra'ts on the fast connection - you can enjoy the vids and stuff easier now as well!! But be warned - going back to dialup will be a very uncomfortable experience :grire:

Michael

Post by Michael » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:44 pm

hav wrote:Hey - congra'ts on the fast connection - you can enjoy the vids and stuff easier now as well!! But be warned - going back to dialup will be a very uncomfortable experience :grire:
:lol: :lol:
Yes... you are right there!

I can't log off the forum now! I hope my broadband connection serves me well.
I shall go barmy if it doesn't! :shock: :shock:

achilleas

Post by achilleas » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:48 pm

It sounds like you've done a good job in getting the emotion of the song in the surfuce. You sould be very fast in in to if you figured it out in only two days.

hav

Post by hav » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:01 pm

Thanks achilleas - I think it's the piece more than me :oops: but thanks anyway :)

hav

Post by hav » Sun May 28, 2006 8:59 pm

Just bringing this one back up because Paco wrote such a beautiful piece :grire:

Rick714

Post by Rick714 » Sun May 28, 2006 11:35 pm

A beautiful piece and beautifully played. I'm typing with a lump in my throat...

btb

Post by btb » Mon May 29, 2006 1:07 am

This is such a haunting piece.. and beautifuly played. Thanks for sharing it Hav :okok:

damayfield

Post by damayfield » Tue May 30, 2006 6:06 pm

This was a very nice piece Hav. Thankyou! Do you know where I can find the score for this?

hav

Post by hav » Wed May 31, 2006 5:05 am

Thanks y'all - and thanks from Paco as well - if you have access to the French forums, you rally should go listen to Paco play it (pakillo) - his touch is far superior to mine!

damayfield, you're going to enjoy playing this piece - it's surprisingly not difficult and offers a lot of opportunity for expression.

masoroso

Post by masoroso » Wed May 31, 2006 5:34 am

this is funny.. I listened to the piece yesterday and wasn't impressed by the composition. Now I listen to it again and I am touched by the great melody... must have something to do with the workload yesterday (for such moods I think I need AC/DC or Soundgarden :-) )

Now I am in the mood I think this is a very well written (and played) composition. It sure lives up to what it is written for. My grandma is suffering from the same illness and you do not wish anyone in that position no matter the age they have! I wish I could write such a composition under such circumstances! I'm sure music can have a healing effect and writing such a wonderful piece surely is a great way to deal with the stress of losing a loved one. Your recording does justice to the piece Hav!

hav

Post by hav » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:40 pm

Thanks masoroso! I think this is one of those pieces that will be Ok most of the time but will, at certain times, touch that chord in all of us - the universal longing we all feel at one tome or another in life. I didn't include it here because it relates and makes more sense when read in relation to the actual video rather than only the mp3 - but here's a snip of my personal background for the piece which probably reveals my chord...
hav wrote:I had said this before but removed it so folks didn't think I was weird .. so just take this as my background and an excuse for my not making another pass at it... (most of y'all already know my level of weird anyway - so what the heck)

When Az reviewed the vid for me, early on and before I posted it, she commented about the chair behind me being a bit of a distraction -- and, it probably is - but the absolute perfection of having Dena's empty chair as the only thing visible behind me in the darkened family room is just tooo serendipitous. It was totally unplanned (I promise) - but now, all I can look at when watching this vid is her chair.

If I were to make another pass at the vid now and included her chair again, it would become something that was planned and staged (and so lose any meaning it has for me) -- and, I just don't think I could make another vid without having her chair there - so I think I'm stuck with this very early pass at the piece.

steve4ri

Post by steve4ri » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:50 pm

Hello Hav,

Of course we don't think this (or you) weird in any way! Before I joined this forum, I was lead to your recordings after seeing a version that Perf did after you. I loved both of your interpretations, and I was inspired to learn this piece. What struck me most was that I lost my Grandmother in the same way the composer did. So I learned this piece and went and played it at her gravesite on the anniversary of her death. It seemed more appropriate than flowers, as I prefer this beautiful song drifting on the wind like her spirit, rather than flowers left to wither like her body and mind.

Keep up your "weirdness"! :)
Steve

Return to “Our recordings of Contemporary music”