Michalcik, Vaclav - David and Goliath

Audio and video recordings of contemporary music from 1940 to the present. Our interpretations of works for which the copyright holders have given their permission.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Chobanian, Loris - Maharaja's Fancy - Trio Video
or Pujol, M. D. - Preludio Triston - Video (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Marek Cupak

Michalcik, Vaclav - David and Goliath

Post by Marek Cupak » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:48 pm

Dear guitar friends,

here's work of my colleague in music, composer Vaclav Michalcik, who did the piece in 2005, dedicating it to our common friend, guitarist David.

His agreement to record and publish his work this way was send in quite a past to Mr. Delcamp's mail. I think it was back in 2006 where I did the first recording of this piece. Wanted to update the old thread, but I didn't manage to find it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2014 Martin Okenica cedar, modern (H. Hauser I inspired)
2012 Martin Okenica spruce, early romantic (F. R. Lacôte inspired)

Vesuvio

Re: Michalcik, Vaclav - David and Goliath

Post by Vesuvio » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:49 pm

Hello Marek,

Thank you very much indeed for this! It is a very interesting composition and I think you have played it so very well,

Best wishes, V :D :bravo: :merci:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

tykve

Post by tykve » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:58 pm

Why i can not download this piece? :( i am in 002 .. Tell mee :( :merci:

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:11 pm

tykve wrote:Why i can not download this piece? :( i am in 002 .. Tell mee :( :merci:
Sorry about that, tykve! :)

I see that you've just joined today, so you must have subscribed to the 002 group today.

Only the administrators (not the moderators can register you to the groups and that may take up to 48 hours.

It doesn't usually take that long, so please be patient.

I'll post on your "Introduce Yourself" thread with more information. Welcome! :D

Alan

tykve

Post by tykve » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:17 pm

Oh. thank you.. I have joined 002 in my user settings... . I did´t know, that i have to wait for agreement. It´s OK. I will wait. Thank you.. so much.

Duang Turongratanachai

Post by Duang Turongratanachai » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:48 pm

:bravo: Just loved it.
Thank you, nok

KeMe

Post by KeMe » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:04 am

:bravo:
Great piece, Marek!
I really enjoyed your performance, but your volume seems to be set very low. It doesn't come through my system very well and I have it turned all the way up. ???
Thank you for giving us this opportunity to hear you play.

Kay :sorride:
Music touches the heart, but playing classical guitar can lift your heart and enrich your life.

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:12 am

Sorry, Marek! I was so concerned with helping tykve that I forgot to listen to the piece! :oops:

This is very beautiful, contemplative and sophisticated writing! Very well played, as well!

:bravo:

You must feel very fortunate to be working with such a talented colleague.

Thank you for updating your earlier threads. I missed this one the first time around...

Alan

BTW, I see you've been having trouble searching for things. I believe Mr. Delcamp is doing an upgrade which has temporarily disabled some of the search funtions. Everything should be working up to speed soon. :)

Return to “Our recordings of Contemporary music”