Pujol, M. D. - Suite del Plata No. 1: Preludio

Audio and video recordings of contemporary music from 1940 to the present. Our interpretations of works for which the copyright holders have given their permission.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Chobanian, Loris - Maharaja's Fancy - Trio Video
or Pujol, M. D. - Preludio Triston - Video (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Erik Zurcher

Pujol, M. D. - Suite del Plata No. 1: Preludio

Post by Erik Zurcher » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:53 pm

I made this recording two years ago and hope you like it.
M.D. Pujol_Prelude_Suite del Plata.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Re: Pujol, M.D. - Prelude Suite del Plata

Post by Denian Arcoleo » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:02 pm

I think this is the first recording of yours that I've heard and I think it's terrific. For me this composition has a kind of cinematic quality that would be perfect for the soundtrack of a film with sadness or wistfulness in the story; your playing here evokes that feeling really well. Great tone too :casque:

:bravo:

wchymeUS

Post by wchymeUS » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:04 pm

Nicely done! This prelude is very nice and easy to play, I like it and your rendition is colorful and emotional!
:merci: :bravo:

BTW: I did not know that Pujol's work is in public domain, it's good news!

oski79

Post by oski79 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:05 pm

I like it very much!

“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:09 pm

...and thank you very much indeed. I love your playing of this,

Best wishes, V :D :merci:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Erik Zurcher

Post by Erik Zurcher » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:11 pm

wchymeUS wrote:BTW: I did not know that Pujol's work is in public domain, it's good news!
Maximo Diego Pujol's work is not in public domain. It remains copyrighted, however, he has granted his permission for Delcamp members to post their own recordings on this forum.
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

musikprojekt

Post by musikprojekt » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:12 pm

Thank you for your kind playing. I hope I will find the score somewhere.

Regards, Marco.

oski79

Post by oski79 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:14 pm

e.zurcher wrote:Maximo Diego Pujol's work is not in public domain. It remains copyrighted, however, he has granted his permission for Delcamp members to post their own recordings on this forum.
This is obviously great news for Delcamp, and very gracious of Senor Pujol, as he has a great many admirers on this forum. Including me. I've unofficially changed my middle name to "Diego!"
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

wianno

Post by wianno » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:18 pm

Beautifully done!

Jack

Paul

Re: Pujol, M. D. - Prelude Suite del Plata

Post by Paul » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:38 pm

What a lovely piece. Thanks for recording it for us. I really enjoyed your rendition of it.

Paul

Sean

Post by Sean » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:12 pm

Erik, your recording is incredibly sweet. You've captured that certain pathos that permeates Pujol's music. Of course, you introduced me to this wonderful music, so my hat's off to you seven days a week. Bravo!

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:45 pm

Denian Arcoleo wrote:I think this is the first recording of yours that I've heard and I think it's terrific.
That's what I was thinking! Congratulations on your first contribution, Erik. You play beautifully!

You often speak so humbly about your own playing that, I must admit, I was expecting the worst. :lol:

I did, however, expect that your kind, sensitive nature would shine through in your playing. I was right about that!

I'll have to check into this composer in more depth. I really haven't heard much of his of his music, except for a few pieces that Oski played for me when he visited and the pieces I've heard here. I like them all!

Alan

Anthony Campanella

Post by Anthony Campanella » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:10 pm

Erik Zurcher

Post by Erik Zurcher » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:28 pm

Thank you all for your kind remarks. This is in fact the second recording I posted on this forum. The first one was a Sor etude. About Maximo Diego Pujol: I discovered his music some 10 years ago and consider him one of the greatest, lyrical guitar composers of our time.

Duang Turongratanachai

Post by Duang Turongratanachai » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:37 pm

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
You have made my day. :D
nok

Return to “Our recordings of Contemporary music”