Coronel, Marcelo - Pachamama

Audio and video recordings of contemporary music from 1940 to the present. Our interpretations of works for which the copyright holders have given their permission.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Chobanian, Loris - Maharaja's Fancy - Trio Video
or Pujol, M. D. - Preludio Triston - Video (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
amy3000

Re: Coronel, Marcelo - Pachamama

Post by amy3000 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:50 pm

You've introduced me to a lot of wonderful music too. I've been trying to learn Fim de Tarde by Ulisses Rocha which you posted here a couple of months ago. The weak link for me in that piece is the 5 measures in a row of barres but I'm working on it. I'm glad someone mentioned your website. Now I'm going to listen to everything over there.
Hill New World Player Spruce 615 mm

Sean

Post by Sean » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:52 pm

Thank you, Amy. You're going over there? You'd better have some earplugs ready!

The barres can be quite a pain; are you using full barres? In a couple of spots, you can use half-barres. And, on the last beat in measure 28, I don't use a barre; I take the F3 and G on the 1st string using LH 1 on the F# and LH 3 on the G. For the first beat of measure 29, I take the A with LH 3 (there's nothing quite like a guide finger!), take the D in the bass as 4th string open, and lay down a partial barre to catch the F with LH 4. Lifting the LH 3 off the A in the melody will give you the G with the barre finger . . .

does any of this make sense?

amy3000

Post by amy3000 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:01 pm

It does Sean. I actually came to the same solution for measure 29 and tried to finagle something with measure 30 which didn't work so well.

Didn't need earplugs at all at you site. I enjoyed it a lot.
Hill New World Player Spruce 615 mm

classic

Post by classic » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:22 pm

Thank you! I'm pretty unfamiliar with the work Marcelo Coronel.
I would like to hear your music performed by this composer.

Sean

Post by Sean » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:19 pm

I'm hoping to put up another couple of pieces later this week. Thanks for the feedback. Do a google search for Marcelo Coronel - he's got a website where you can sign up for an e-newsletter and a few downloadable pieces. Amy, thanks for your kind words!

licaptn

Post by licaptn » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:47 am

Very pretty piece and extremely well played, Sean. It's now on my delcamp playlist.

:merci: :bravo:

licaptn

Sean

Post by Sean » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:30 am

Thank you! I appreciate that!

David McHarg

Post by David McHarg » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:58 pm

Very nice Sean. What a sweet sound. Great recording as well. I like the sound of your guitar. How did you record this ?
Where can i get the score for this piece ?

Gruupi

Post by Gruupi » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:37 pm

I really enjoyed that Sean, both the music and your playing are great.

Sean

Post by Sean » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:22 am

dmcharg, thank you! The piece is from the Imaginario popular - a set of five pieces. Visit the composer's website for some info; I think he's in the process of republishing it. I just recorded it in the basement bedroom with the Zoom. I didn't add reverb to it; the sound always comes out plastic. Gruupi, thanks for the kind words - I appreciate them.

Figolo

Post by Figolo » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:30 pm

Thank you San. I really enjoy your playing.
:casque: :bravo:

Sean

Post by Sean » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:24 pm

Thanks for listening!

Bertran

Post by Bertran » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:25 pm

Hi Sean,

I am very enjoy listening your performance. Great music, great interpretation. :bravo:
And because this words of you:
„I've come to realize that all I really ever want to play is South American music...“
we have so much in common. Of course this is not totally true because a time by time I delight with so much different piece from different epochs: Bach, Giuliani, Scarlatti, Albeniz,... (probably like you do).

But South American songs mostly have a melody that easy come in listeners ears, have that romantic melody, unexpected rhythm, special touch etc. Before few months I list pieces of my favorite SA composition. I hope that you have a similar list too.

Bertran

willbo2000

Post by willbo2000 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:45 am

Lovely piece! and well played..
Thats the kind of guitar music I like to listen to / you can listen several times and get more out of it everytime!
:casque:

Hilary Field
Concert performers

Post by Hilary Field » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:33 pm

Thank you for posting this Sean! You play this music so well, with such beautiful tone and a gorgeous vibrato. I am not familiar with this composer, but I look forward to looking at his website and hearing more of his music.

:bravo:
"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent” (Victor Hugo)

Return to “Our recordings of Contemporary music”