Lopes, Edson - Canção Triste - Video

Audio and video recordings of contemporary music from 1940 to the present. Our interpretations of works for which the copyright holders have given their permission.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Chobanian, Loris - Maharaja's Fancy - Trio Video
or Pujol, M. D. - Preludio Triston - Video (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
mc1

Lopes, Edson - Canção Triste - Video

Post by mc1 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:20 pm

cancao triste.mp3
[media]https://youtu.be/rrXJ2GZvFvs[/media]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeffrey Armbruster

Re: Lopes, Edson - Canção Triste - Video

Post by Jeffrey Armbruster » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:09 pm

Nicely played! It does go under the fingers pretty quick--I've been working on it for two nights now..three? One of the advantages of finding beautiful pieces that are relatively easy is the boost in confidence, as well as the satisfaction, of having a piece in your repertoire that didn't take months to master. Plus, this piece is so nice that I'll be happy to play it over the years--notice the emotion that Lopes evinces in his video. (of course, he did write it...).

mc1

Post by mc1 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:26 pm

thanks! :)

yes, i'm really enjoying learning shorter, easier pieces. it let's me concentrate of just a couple of aspects and to learn it before it becomes tedious. also, it's very difficult for me to get through a 4 or 5 minutes piece without having a major glitch somewhere, so i can record these simpler pieces.

Lawler

Post by Lawler » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:26 pm

Beautifully played. The gentleness and finesse of the second phrase (which is a repetition of the first phrase for those who haven't listened yet) was especially nice. Throughout, there's phrasing sensitivity at a high level.

mc1

Post by mc1 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:52 pm

Lawler wrote:Beautifully played. The gentleness and finesse of the second phrase (which is a repetition of the first phrase for those who haven't listened yet) was especially nice. Throughout, there's phrasing sensitivity at a high level.
wow, that is a really wonderful compliment! thank you so much. :D

Erik Zurcher

Post by Erik Zurcher » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:06 pm

I agree with Lawler: beautifully played. My only comment: try to play the 3rd beat in bar 4 more legato (C-B perhaps slurred). :bravo: :bye:
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

mc1

Post by mc1 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:27 pm

Erik Zurcher wrote:I agree with Lawler: beautifully played. My only comment: try to play the 3rd beat in bar 4 more legato (C-B perhaps slurred). :bravo: :bye:
thank you very much for the kind words and advice, erik. :) :D i think i play those two note more staccato is because the first part sounds so baroque to me, but i can appreciate how that doesn't quite fit with the lyrical nature of the piece. thanks again.

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:53 pm

Lovely, tender performance. Nice attached video visuals too.

mc1

Post by mc1 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:45 am

thank you, peter. :)

jeffrey beach has put up a lot of cool videos on archive.org that are either in the public domain or under creative commons license.

Elías López Cruz

Post by Elías López Cruz » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:58 pm

I find that the music composed by Edson Lopes is very beautiful. I play this "sad song" and the "Little song" and some other pieces by this Maestro.
Guitars: "La Valenciana" model 113 (1976), "Tres Pinos" SCG-E112 (2007), "Sergio Mercado" Ramírez replica 2011, Arturo Hernández Hauser replica (2014), Karina Mendoza Fleta replica (2016).

Haris Karachristianidis

Post by Haris Karachristianidis » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:26 pm

Congratulations for this beautiful interpretation of one of my favorite pieces! Tender, full of feeling.
:bravo:

mc1

Post by mc1 » Fri May 01, 2015 12:05 pm

thank you very much, haris. :)

@elias, yes, he wrote some nice tunes.

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Fri May 01, 2015 2:50 pm

Very nice indeed. Thanks for sharing.

mc1

Post by mc1 » Sat May 02, 2015 1:37 am

thanks for the kind comments, paul.

Bertran

Post by Bertran » Sun May 03, 2015 8:26 pm

Well, as much we can see, you touch all of us with your recording!

It is really pleasure to hear you. It is not important is it piece simple or not; we must send emotion to listener and that is never simple.
But you did it! :bravo:

Bertran II

Return to “Our recordings of Contemporary music”