Practicing Tremolo

A "classroom" environment for exchanging Technical Questions & Answers, How-To's, music theory concepts, etc.
Luis_Br

Re: Practicing Tremolo

Post by Luis_Br » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:32 pm

For me it worked well with Kitharologus tremolo exercises.
A summary:
Start tremolo as multiple of 3, with formula pimami and pamima.
Play tremolo on first string while thumb on all the others. Also play thumb 6th string and tremolo change from strings 1 to 4 each time.
When pimami and pamima are even and at good speed, change to pami and pima (regular tremolo), but also interchange with:
mami
p
or
mima
p
(p together with m, so the tremolo is not interrupted by p and you can work on evennes of interval between p and ami or ima).
Also practiced from pp to ff and with preparation/staccato or legato.
Then started playing easier pieces like Carcassi etude, Ponce Prelude and Viñas Sueño.

On the problem of playing tremolo over B or G strings, this is about good hand positioning etc. When I started playing it was solved in the first couple lessons with teacher guidance on good hand positioning and the best ways of doing it. If I needed to solve this alone, I would probably take months to find the right way, if ever.
I also only started practicing it when RH was already good enough, playing with good realxation, good sound production and evenness. The teacher wouldn't allow starting tremolo before basics were ready.

Luis_Br

Post by Luis_Br » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:52 am

Julian Ward wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:00 pm
Yes - thank you very much for that Mark - appreciated.
Les Productions d'Oz is just releasing a new "complete" edition of Barrios works. As usual, it will include some new recently discovered manuscripts...
https://productionsdoz.com/Barrios2019? ... cc3Tnc0riw

Eliseo
Composer

Post by Eliseo » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:57 pm

Previously I have seen two of the best guitarists in the world performing "Sueño en la floresta" by a great composer. I have always practiced pami (thumb, ring, middle and index) and I have always done well.
I am a simple guitarist and I do not think it costs so much to apply the mentioned system, and I will not interpret any great work!

Thank you for your attention. :bye:

Eliseo Fresquet-Serret

Will

Post by Will » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:24 am

Try practicing the trremelo pattern from the upbeat. 'll explain: I've heard this play on the upbeat plaing on the down beat before but neve under sotod exactly what was meant until sitting on on a Pepe Romero masterwrclass several summers ago. And his illustration was with our claassical tremrlo pattern. If youo think of our classical pattern of 4 16ths.as counted 1eanda. and articulated Pami. That's playing on the down beat, Think instead for practice puposes playing on the upbeat or as he explained the (ami) as the pickup notes falling to the down beat ami P| amI P When comfortable switch back to the slight enphasis on the down beat with P while keeping the sense (aural illusion if you will) of the pickup notes fallling to the beat articulated with P. Good luck and please I'd enjoy hearing back any comments.
All the best,
Will

Eliseo
Composer

Post by Eliseo » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:32 am

I am a beginner and I am learning to play the guitar. Precisely one of my idols is Pepe Romero. I can see that there are forum partners who have very good theories. I at least want and I can show in a video on YouTube what little I have learned.
I could watch your video if it does not bother you, and so you could verify your theoretical part. Without fear, with courage, but please prove it. Thank you! :D

Regards :bye:

Eliseo Fresquet-Serret

Return to “Classical Guitar Classes”