Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Qadir A. Sabur

Re: Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by Qadir A. Sabur » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:40 pm

Hello,
I was a student on this forum about 6 years ago. At that time I was in the D04 class but I had to drop off because of a very busy schedule that limited my practice time. I am now retired and I would like to resume my CG studies. Can i rejoin the on-line lessons class at the D03 level?
Qadir

James A. Showalter
Student of the online lessons

Post by James A. Showalter » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:35 am

Hello Qadir,
I have a couple of questions that are of interest to me from the perspective of personal growth at using Classical Guitar Delcamp. You tell that you were a member 6 years ago so I'm wondering if it was then when you became too involved with work and had to cease participation? Specifically, when did you start playing classical guitar and with what background? Did you start from ground zero on this forum and progress through to D04 before your hiatus?

I have been involved with this forum for 1-year and started from a 5-year history of self-taught steel string acoustic flat-picking guitar. I am reinitiating my approach to classical guitar after beginning D01 last year and ultimately falling behind because of a demanding work schedule. I too will retire and free myself of that roadblock to learning in September. I have continued practicing after I found that I could not keep up with the group and feel that I am now posed to be able to immerse myself in learning the instrument. This first year has been a time of learning posture, basic note reading and understanding what is classical guitar.

I'm just interested in understanding many approaches to the study of classical guitar. Thank you for any insight you may be able to provide.

Best regards,
James
1972 Ryoji Matsuoka, NO 18
1990 Takamine C132S
2014 Sakurai Kohno Pro-J
Martin Guitars (D28, MC28, D12-28, J-40)
National Resonator Guitar
Les Paul

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:25 am

Qadir A. Sabur wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:40 pm
Hello,
I was a student on this forum about 6 years ago. At that time I was in the D04 class but I had to drop off because of a very busy schedule that limited my practice time. I am now retired and I would like to resume my CG studies. Can i rejoin the on-line lessons class at the D03 level?
Hi Qadir,

I see you haven't had a reply from the lesson moderators yet. We are currently in the gap between the end of one session and the beginning of the next, so they may be taking a well-earned break. To answer your question, you can certainly rejoin at D03 level when they restart in September. You just need to fulfil the conditions in the first post of this topic, namely to advertise the lessons in some way as described there, and then apply here again any time in the next few weeks.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

jeremyll33

Post by jeremyll33 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:10 pm

Hi there, I've been waiting to start the September classes a long time. Seeing that Prof Delcamp is taking a break, will the 2018 season still take place?

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:21 pm

Yes, as far as I'm aware the season will take place as usual. Mostly the lessons from the previous season are repeated, so it does not take as much participation from Prof Delcamp as in earlier years.
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

jeremyll33

Post by jeremyll33 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:30 pm

Wow! Thanks for the sudden reply! I am so used to waiting ages! Wow!

Linda Kimbrel

Post by Linda Kimbrel » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:47 pm

Hello! I made my post re: registration and fulfilling the conditions required back in January, I believe, but as it was the middle of the year I was waiting for the 2018 year to begin before actually starting the course. Should I re-register? I don't mind doing so but I don't want to cause any confusion by having duplicate registrations either.

Linda Kimbrel

Post by Linda Kimbrel » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:56 pm

Linda Kimbrel wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:47 pm
Hello! I made my post re: registration and fulfilling the conditions required back in January, I believe, but as it was the middle of the year I was waiting for the 2018 year to begin before actually starting the course. Should I re-register? I don't mind doing so but I don't want to cause any confusion by having duplicate registrations either.
Well I see by my member info that I didn't join this forum until April, so I certainly didn't request registration in January! 🙄 I would guess I did this sometime in April. My apologies, it seems like I've been waiting much longer than four months for classes to begin!
Linda Kimbrel

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:03 pm

Hi Linda,

I see you requested a username change in April, but never actually got as far as registering for the lessons, so you still need to do that, after fulfilling the condition in the first post of this topic about advertising the lessons in some way.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

Ian Howe

Post by Ian Howe » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:10 pm

Hey There,
i was hoping to get the ball rolling with my own Registration as a student for the forth coming 2018 / 2019 term
I'm going to post the notice on my twitter account.
Do you need to post link of the published or how does this work?

Christopher Langley

Post by Christopher Langley » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:05 pm

When does the upcoming term begin? I think I will need to be placed in d01 again this year.
Practicing: La Tete Bizarde and preceding repertoire.

All beautiful places are prone to natural disaster.

James A. Showalter

Post by James A. Showalter » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:20 pm

Hello Christopher,
Welcome to the remedial section of D01.

I'll be contributing again this year with the expectation that I'll be able to advance next year.

Nobody so far has said how easy classical guitar is but I like it
James
1972 Ryoji Matsuoka, NO 18
1990 Takamine C132S
2014 Sakurai Kohno Pro-J
Martin Guitars (D28, MC28, D12-28, J-40)
National Resonator Guitar
Les Paul

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:50 am

Ian Howe wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:10 pm
Hey There,
i was hoping to get the ball rolling with my own Registration as a student for the forth coming 2018 / 2019 term
I'm going to post the notice on my twitter account.
Do you need to post link of the published or how does this work?
Ian
No, we will take your word for it.

Also you need to confirm all the requirements for registration:
1. I'm registered on the forum with my real forename and surname.
2. I have publicized the course sessions
3. I will post the recordings required for at least 7 out of the 10 lessons of the course.
4. I will listen to the recordings posted by the other students at the same level and comment on their work. This involves posting at least one message per week containing encouragement, constructive criticisms, or advice.

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:54 am

Christopher Langley wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:05 pm
When does the upcoming term begin? I think I will need to be placed in d01 again this year.
Christopher
It will start again in September.
You won't need to reregister as you’ve been an active contributor, so just start again in D01 if you want to.
Are you doing D01 again because you don’t feel you mastered the techniques? I haven’t been following that lesson, but will take a look at your submissions.
Colin

Edna Lopez

Post by Edna Lopez » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:45 pm

Hello. Id like to register for the Level DO3 starting September 2018.
I have shared this awesome course with friends and online. I will continue to do so.
I will also participate on the forum and upload the videos for each lesson.
:bravo: for keep this program alive !
Edna Lopez

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”