Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Colin Bullock
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 859
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: NW London, England

Re: Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by Colin Bullock » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:33 pm

GrappaGreen wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:46 pm
Hi,

Am I too late to register for these lessons? I'd like to start at the beginning if possible.

I have requested my username be changed as per the forum rules today and confirm I will follow all other conditions of taking part.

Many thanks,

Simon Green
Simon
No you are not too late. As soon as your name change comes through I will add you to the student group.
Hope you enjoy the lessons

User avatar
Rick Beauregard
Student tutor
Posts: 1390
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:23 am
Location: Blaine, WA

Re: Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by Rick Beauregard » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:55 pm

Simon Green wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:46 pm
Hi,

Am I too late to register for these lessons? I'd like to start at the beginning if possible.

I have requested my username be changed as per the forum rules today and confirm I will follow all other conditions of taking part.

Many thanks,

Simon Green
Simon, since you have some experience you should have no problem breezing through the first two lessons of D01 and catching up with your peers. Your progress is totally self-paced here. If you find yourself moving faster you can go to the previous years’ lessons posted here viewforum.php?f=118 and move ahead.

Have fun!
All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

Simon Green
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:42 am

Re: Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by Simon Green » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:32 pm

Brill - thanks very much.

Time to get stuck in..

Simon

Huy Vu
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:35 am
Location: Vietnam

Re: Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by Huy Vu » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:42 am

Hi all.

I'm Huy from Vietnam. I praticed guitar on and off for a long time. This time I really want to be able to play good enough. So please add me to the course. I'll obey all the condition required. Thanks

Best regards,
Huy Vu

Colin Bullock
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 859
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: NW London, England

Re: Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by Colin Bullock » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:21 am

Huy Vu wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:42 am
Hi all.

I'm Huy from Vietnam. I praticed guitar on and off for a long time. This time I really want to be able to play good enough. So please add me to the course. I'll obey all the condition required. Thanks

Best regards,
Huy Vu
Huy
I’ve added you to the group, hope you enjoy the lessons

Yaros Krinitsky
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:32 pm

Re: Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by Yaros Krinitsky » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:06 pm

Hi,

I've posted the ad in my social network pages (facebook, vk). Also, I'm going to print it out and pin at my university ad board. My username is my shortened real name, which is Yaroslav Krinitsky, so I believe it should be fine and I don't need to make a request, do I?..

Please, add me to the group, I'm eager to start.

Thanks!

Colin Bullock
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 859
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: NW London, England

Re: Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by Colin Bullock » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:42 pm

Yaros Krinitsky wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:06 pm
Hi,

I've posted the ad in my social network pages (facebook, vk). Also, I'm going to print it out and pin at my university ad board. My username is my shortened real name, which is Yaroslav Krinitsky, so I believe it should be fine and I don't need to make a request, do I?..

Please, add me to the group, I'm eager to start.

Thanks!
Shortened first name is fine, I've added you to the student group
Enjoy the lessons

Amy Gaudia
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:29 pm

Re: Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by Amy Gaudia » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:51 am

Hi,

I would like to start the lessons for 2018/2019

1.I'm registered on the forum with my real forename and surname.
2. I have publicized the 2018/19 course sessions on my Facebook and my friend’s facebook.
3. I will post the recordings required for at least 7 out of the 10 lessons of the course.
4. I will listen to the recordings posted by the other students at the same level and comment on their work. This involves posting at least one message per week containing encouragement, constructive criticisms, or advice.

I’m not sure what level I should be in.

Thank you
1992 Martin 00016
2016 Pono ULN-30 (nylon string Terz guitar)
2018 cheap Còrdoba Dolce filling in for the...
2019 Marcus Dominelli custom build (under construction)
https://vimeo.com/236319105

Amy Gaudia
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:29 pm

Re: Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by Amy Gaudia » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:11 pm

Hi,
I thought I registered for the lessons, but I might not have done it correctly. I will try again here:

Please register me for the lessons D03 (2018-2019). I have satisfied the conditions for participation:
1. I'm registered on the forum with my real forename and surname.
2. I have publicized the 2018-2019 course sessions on my Facebook and on my friends Facebook.
3. I will post the recordings required for at least 7 out of the 10 lessons of the course.
4. I will listen to the recordings posted by the other students at the same level and comment on their work. This involves posting at least one message per week containing encouragement, constructive criticisms, or advice.

I'm looking forward to getting started.
Thank you!

Amy
1992 Martin 00016
2016 Pono ULN-30 (nylon string Terz guitar)
2018 cheap Còrdoba Dolce filling in for the...
2019 Marcus Dominelli custom build (under construction)
https://vimeo.com/236319105

Colin Bullock
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 859
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: NW London, England

Re: Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by Colin Bullock » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:20 pm

Amy Gaudia wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:51 am
Hi,

I would like to start the lessons for 2018/2019

1.I'm registered on the forum with my real forename and surname.
2. I have publicized the 2018/19 course sessions on my Facebook and my friend’s facebook.
3. I will post the recordings required for at least 7 out of the 10 lessons of the course.
4. I will listen to the recordings posted by the other students at the same level and comment on their work. This involves posting at least one message per week containing encouragement, constructive criticisms, or advice.

I’m not sure what level I should be in.

Thank you
Hi Amy
I’m registering you as a student.
The lessons are currently up to #3 so you should be able to catch up
All the best in your practice

Amy Gaudia
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:29 pm

Re: Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by Amy Gaudia » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:47 pm

Is it ok for me to start at level D03 ?
1992 Martin 00016
2016 Pono ULN-30 (nylon string Terz guitar)
2018 cheap Còrdoba Dolce filling in for the...
2019 Marcus Dominelli custom build (under construction)
https://vimeo.com/236319105

User avatar
GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator
Posts: 34325
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:37 pm
Location: UK

Re: Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by GeoffB » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:58 pm

Yes, Amy, that's OK.
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

JoshuaMartin
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:13 am

Re: Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by JoshuaMartin » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:28 am

To Whom it May Concern;

If you could please register me for the lessons D01 (2018-2019). I have fulfilled and acknowledged the conditions for participation:
1. I'm registered on the forum with my real forename and surname.
2. I have publicized the 2018-2019 course sessions on Reddit.
3. I will post the recordings required for at least 7 out of the 10 lessons of the course.
4. I will listen to the recordings posted by the other students at the same level and comment on their work. This involves posting at least one message per week containing encouragement, constructive criticisms, or advice.

Sincerely,
Joshua

Colin Bullock
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 859
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: NW London, England

Re: Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by Colin Bullock » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:08 am

JoshuaMartin wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:28 am
To Whom it May Concern;

If you could please register me for the lessons D01 (2018-2019). I have fulfilled and acknowledged the conditions for participation:
1. I'm registered on the forum with my real forename and surname.
2. I have publicized the 2018-2019 course sessions on Reddit.
3. I will post the recordings required for at least 7 out of the 10 lessons of the course.
4. I will listen to the recordings posted by the other students at the same level and comment on their work. This involves posting at least one message per week containing encouragement, constructive criticisms, or advice.

Sincerely,
Joshua
You are now registered

User avatar
Jonathan Lamb
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 9:46 pm
Location: Blighty

Re: Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by Jonathan Lamb » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:11 pm

Dear Colin,
May I please register for the D02 (2018 - 2019) online guitar lessons? I would like to take this year again, because I lost out last year due to changing jobses.
I agree to fulfil the original conditions for participation:
1. I'm registered on the forum with my real name
2. I have publicised the courses in conversation with interested parties, although this year not printed any flyers / posters unfortunately
3. I shall post fresh recordings of the required pieces in a timely fashion for at least 7 of 10 lessons
4. And I agree to listening to my peers' recordings and to foster on our forums, a positive learning experience for all.
Many thanks, Jonathan.

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”