D01 Classical guitar lesson 06

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Paul Cezanne
Student of the online lessons

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 06

Post by Paul Cezanne » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:19 pm

I'm curious about something.

What does the slanted line mean at the end of bar 2? What does the 3 with the circle and the horizontal bar mean? Maybe it will be obvious when I play them. But I just printed out these pages and watch Delcamp (and soe of you!) play and it isn't clear to me.

Aaron Haskett

Post by Aaron Haskett » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:26 am

I think the slanted lines mean you slide your fingers down/up the fretboard. As for the 3, I think it's to clarify that the lower notes are played on the 3rd string rather than the 2nd. I'm mostly guessing though :oops:
-Aaron

Cordoba C3M

Aaron Haskett

Post by Aaron Haskett » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:34 am

Here are my lesson 6 submissions, feedback welcome. Still hoping I'll be able to get lesson 7 and the exam done in time!

Scales in third, numéro 6

Ricercar

Leçon I opus 60
-Aaron

Cordoba C3M

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:29 pm

Paul Cezanne wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:19 pm
I'm curious about something.

What does the slanted line mean at the end of bar 2? What does the 3 with the circle and the horizontal bar mean? Maybe it will be obvious when I play them. But I just printed out these pages and watch Delcamp (and soe of you!) play and it isn't clear to me.
1. Play the notes on same strings, just moving the hand and fingers in different positions.
2. The III with the horizontal bar indicates that you playing near the 3rd fret area of the fingerboad
2018 Salvador Castillo Concert Classical
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

Paul Cezanne

Post by Paul Cezanne » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:06 pm

Aaron Haskett wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:34 am
Here are my lesson 6 submissions, feedback welcome. Still hoping I'll be able to get lesson 7 and the exam done in time!
Nice job! I think you're missing a mute on the 2nd note of Leçon I opus 60, the b is still ringing. As these pieces get harder I'm finding it really hard to get all the mutes done also!
Last edited by Paul Cezanne on Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paul Cezanne

Post by Paul Cezanne » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:19 am

dupe
Last edited by Paul Cezanne on Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paul Cezanne

Post by Paul Cezanne » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:19 am

dupe (sorry, pressing the wrong button this morning)

Aaron Haskett

Post by Aaron Haskett » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:03 pm

Paul Cezanne wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:06 pm
Nice job! I think you're missing a mute on the 2nd note of Leçon I opus 60, the b is still ringing. As these pieces get harder I'm finding it really hard to get all the mutes done also!
Good catch, thanks Paul!
-Aaron

Cordoba C3M

ZhiChen Shen

Post by ZhiChen Shen » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:39 am

It's my first time upload my vedio. Im a classical guitar beginer.
and I start the class 2months ago .
Im not sure whether this reply is correct or not , because my english is not good.
so thank you.. :? :) :)

Robert Drechsler

Post by Robert Drechsler » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:03 am

Hi ZhiCen, welcome on board :bye:

I saw you are still not registered as a Student of the online lessons.
New D01 class starts in September you should start there. This year round has ended already. So you wont get too many comments any more.

Best
Robert

Paul Cezanne

Post by Paul Cezanne » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:46 am

ZhiChen Shen wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:39 am

Im not sure whether this reply is correct or not , because my english is not good.
Welcome ZihChen! I too am one of the late ones. I'm still working on Lesson 6 also. First off, nicely played! I noticed a few things. you are a holding the note too long whenever you have the dotted half note, say in bar 6 or 12. You should only count to 3 then. Musically, a pause works there, so it isn't bad sounding, but try counting to 3 and then hitting the next note.

There's also something with your recording sound. I'm getting a lot of buzzes. At first I thought it was string buzz but it isn't, I think it is the microphone on your phone! This isn't an easy problem to solve, maybe check with some online forum for your phone. You could move the phone further away but then the picture would be too small so that won't work.

And don't worry too much about the lessons being over for the year. I started late. My plan is to just keep on going. Things will be quiet here so it is mostly lonely but I'm not too worried.

Next September I start Lesson 1 and 2 and get credit for both.

Have a great day!

ZhiChen Shen

Post by ZhiChen Shen » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:55 am

Paul Cezanne wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:46 am
ZhiChen Shen wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:39 am

Welcome ZihChen! I too am one of the late ones. I'm still working on Lesson 6 also. First off, nicely played! I noticed a few things. you are a holding the note too long whenever you have the dotted half note, say in bar 6 or 12. You should only count to 3 then. Musically, a pause works there, so it isn't bad sounding, but try counting to 3 and then hitting the next note.

There's also something with your recording sound. I'm getting a lot of buzzes. At first I thought it was string buzz but it isn't, I think it is the microphone on your phone! This isn't an easy problem to solve, maybe check with some online forum for your phone. You could move the phone further away but then the picture would be too small so that won't work.

And don't worry too much about the lessons being over for the year. I started late. My plan is to just keep on going. Things will be quiet here so it is mostly lonely but I'm not too worried.

Next September I start Lesson 1 and 2 and get credit for both.

Have a great day!

Thank for your suggestions Paul :D . I found my problem . and I check the microphone , maybe its not good for recording guitar .
And I will start lesson 1 and 2 next September too.

Thank you very much !

Have a great day ! :lol:

Paul Cezanne

Post by Paul Cezanne » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:43 pm

Wow, it's been 2+ months since I started. Sure, I had 2 vacations but man, these two were hard. (And the one third one, in my opinion, is even harder.)

But I willing to put Lesson 6 in the can. On Lecon 1 opus I 60 I did, purposefully, use Campanella style in the second part. I love how the notes ring against each other. I was also hitting the G with the p finger, it just seem natural.

The chords are tough, I'll keep on working on them. They certainly make me arch my fingers more, just like when I played cello. I know I've gotten lazy and now I need to unlearn that.

William Byrd

Post by William Byrd » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:37 am

Paul Cezanne wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:43 pm
Wow, it's been 2+ months since I started. Sure, I had 2 vacations but man, these two were hard. (And the one third one, in my opinion, is even harder.)
Hi Paul,

Specifically scales in thirds, you are plucking the strings upwards. You need to pull your fingers inwards as if making a fist on your attack. It takes a bit of practice. Nice progress so far.

Bill
1971 Masaru Matano Clase 400
1971 Mitsuru Tamura No 600
1979 Hiroshi Tamura No 10

Paul Cezanne

Post by Paul Cezanne » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:33 am

William Byrd wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:37 am
Specifically scales in thirds, you are plucking the strings upwards. You need to pull your fingers inwards as if making a fist on your attack. It takes a bit of practice. Nice progress so far.
Oh! Yeah, I missed that completely. When I first read your response I was thinking that that would be impossible, that I'd hit the lower string and mute it. But after watching Delcamp play I think I can do that. Rest assured I'll be continuing that exercise.

Thanks!

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”