D06 D07 D08 Classical guitar lesson 02

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
User avatar
Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 4570
Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 7:49 pm
Location: Brest, France

D06 D07 D08 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:23 am

D06 Classical guitar lesson 02
Hello everyone,
if you are new to the course, please read this message to familiarize yourself with the conditions for participating in the lessons.

Today we'll look at 5 pieces
- página 24 Luys de Narváez - Arde corazon arde





- página 50 Johann Sebastian Bach - Musette Anh. 126






- página 64 Fernando Sor - Leçon opus 31 n°20






- página 102 Francisco Tárrega - Estudio de terceras





Julio Salvador Sagreras - Leccion 5 n°20
- página 31 (Julio Salvador Sagreras Las Quintas Lecciones de guitarra) http://www.guitarraclasicadelcamp.com/p ... reras.html



I ask you first to work on all these exercises and tunes for a week and then to upload your recordings of:
Fernando Sor - Leçon opus 31 n°20
Francisco Tárrega - Estudio de terceras





Good luck!

Jean-François


Exam qualifying submissions: :
Fernando Sor - Leçon opus 31 n°20
Francisco Tárrega - Estudio de terceras
:( + ♫ = :)

User avatar
Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 4570
Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 7:49 pm
Location: Brest, France

Re: D06 D07 D08 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:24 am

D07 Classical guitar lesson 02
Hello everyone,
if you are new to the course, please read this message to familiarize yourself with the conditions for participating in the lessons.



Today we'll look at 2 pieces
Georg Friedrich Händel : Fughette


Miguel Llobet : El Testament d'Amelia







I ask you first to work on all these exercises and tunes for a week and then to upload your recordings of:
Georg Friedrich Händel : Fughette
Miguel Llobet : El Testament d'Amelia

Good luck!

Jean-François
:( + ♫ = :)

User avatar
Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 4570
Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 7:49 pm
Location: Brest, France

Re: D06 D07 D08 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:24 am

D08 Classical guitar lesson 02
Hello everyone,
if you are new to the course, please read this message to familiarize yourself with the conditions for participating in the lessons.



Today we'll look at 1 piece
Francisco Tárrega : Gran vals p 130, 131.








I ask you first to work on all these exercises and tunes for a week and then to upload your recordings of:
Francisco Tárrega : Gran vals p 130, 131.

Good luck!

Jean-François
:( + ♫ = :)

User avatar
Rick Beauregard
Student tutor
Posts: 1740
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:23 am
Location: Blaine, WA

Re: D06 D07 D08 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Rick Beauregard » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:52 pm

I shared this in lesson 1 but it belongs here instead. Update coming soon.

All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

User avatar
Rick Beauregard
Student tutor
Posts: 1740
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:23 am
Location: Blaine, WA

Re: D06 D07 D08 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Rick Beauregard » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:38 am

Here is the first attempt at the Gran Vals, complete. I think I can do better with a bit more practice time on the sticky bits.

Thanks for watching. :casque:

All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

DaveMoutrie
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 400
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:47 pm
Location: Southwell, Notts, UK

Re: D06 D07 D08 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by DaveMoutrie » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:41 am

Rick Beauregard wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:38 am
Here is the first attempt at the Gran Vals, complete. I think I can do better with a bit more practice time on the sticky bits.

Thanks for watching. :casque:
Excellent work Rick, your perseverance is an inspiration to us all and the little vibratos set it off very nicely - a pleasure to listen to you play.

:bravo:
Alhambra 4p Cedar
Barnes and Mullins classical
Yamaha silent guitar

DaveMoutrie
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 400
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:47 pm
Location: Southwell, Notts, UK

Re: D06 D07 D08 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by DaveMoutrie » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:21 pm

Here is my first attempt at the Estudio de terceras. I was trying to play this slowly, but still a few errors and it sounds a little staccato, although I was not trying to play it that way. Dynamics need some work as well.



Alhambra 4p Cedar
Barnes and Mullins classical
Yamaha silent guitar

Maria Anisimova
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 9:22 am

Re: D06 D07 D08 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Maria Anisimova » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:06 pm

DaveMoutrie wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:21 pm
Here is my first attempt at the Estudio de terceras. I was trying to play this slowly, but still a few errors and it sounds a little staccato, although I was not trying to play it that way. Dynamics need some work as well.
I think you are on the right track. It is pretty good as it is, though, if you add some more dynamics, as you say, it'll be even better.
I think I noticed two minor things that might need your attention, but I am in no way an expert, so I may well be mistaken. The first is your left hand pinky which curves into the palm thus upsetting the balance of the hand. And the second is your right hand position.It seems to me your wrist is a bit too low and drawn backwards thus making your fingers extend. To me a more comfortable position would be with more curved right-hand fingers. But the impression might be the result of the camera angle.
Yamaha SLG N100

SteveL123
Posts: 1458
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:05 pm

Re: D06 D07 D08 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by SteveL123 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:45 pm

Congratulations on some nice playing here by students of online lesson 02! I am not a student of the online lessons. Am I allowed to ask a question about Gran Vals?

User avatar
Rick Beauregard
Student tutor
Posts: 1740
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:23 am
Location: Blaine, WA

Re: D06 D07 D08 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Rick Beauregard » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:00 pm

SteveL123 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:45 pm
Congratulations on some nice playing here by students of online lesson 02! I am not a student of the online lessons. Am I allowed to ask a question about Gran Vals?
Of course
All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

SteveL123
Posts: 1458
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:05 pm

Re: D06 D07 D08 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by SteveL123 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:25 pm

delete
Last edited by SteveL123 on Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteveL123
Posts: 1458
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:05 pm

Re: D06 D07 D08 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by SteveL123 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:28 pm

Rick Beauregard wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:00 pm
SteveL123 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:45 pm
Congratulations on some nice playing here by students of online lesson 02! I am not a student of the online lessons. Am I allowed to ask a question about Gran Vals?
Of course
Thanks Rick! I do not play Gran Vals but always liked the Nokia Ringtone, which I did not know comes from Tarrega's Gran Vals, until I learned that from reading the Delcamp forum. A few days ago I downloaded the Delcamp score https://www.delcamp.net/pdf/francisco_t ... n_vals.pdf and started to learn (memorized) up to bar 17.

I was wondering how to play the harmonic in bar 17, which says to play it on the A string 7th fret. If played as such, what sounds is an E, which does not sound quite right to my ears. I think an A sounds better, by playing the harmonic on A string 5th fret or on the D string 7th fret.

The Nokia ring tones through the years plays the harmonic in bar 17 as an A, as you can hear in this video. What's the story behind the Nokia ringtone? Is it incorrect?


User avatar
Rick Beauregard
Student tutor
Posts: 1740
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:23 am
Location: Blaine, WA

Re: D06 D07 D08 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Rick Beauregard » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:57 pm

SteveL123 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:28 pm
Rick Beauregard wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:00 pm
SteveL123 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:45 pm
Congratulations on some nice playing here by students of online lesson 02! I am not a student of the online lessons. Am I allowed to ask a question about Gran Vals?
Of course
Thanks Rick! I do not play Gran Vals but always liked the Nokia Ringtone, which I did not know comes from Tarrega's Gran Vals, until I learned that from reading the Delcamp forum. A few days ago I downloaded the Delcamp score https://www.delcamp.net/pdf/francisco_t ... n_vals.pdf and started to learn (memorized) up to bar 17.

I was wondering how to play the harmonic in bar 17, which says to play it on the A string 7th fret. If played as such, what sounds is an E, which does not sound quite right to my ears. I think an A sounds better, by playing the harmonic on A string 5th fret or on the D string 7th fret.

The Nokia ring tones through the years plays the harmonic in bar 17 as an A, as you can hear in this video. What's the story behind the Nokia ringtone? Is it incorrect?

Interesting question. I hadn’t listened to the Nokia tone since I started learning the piece. You are correct, unlike the Nokia tune, the harmonic is played on the 7th fret, an E just as the previous note. My guess about the Nokia tone is that they went with the A because it is the end of the song and it resolves to the key of A, whereas in the piece it is in the middle of the piece and not ready to resolve, but continues. Maybe that’s how Nokia helps justify getting away with their “arrangement.” It’s no longer under copyright anyway but millions can now be assured that the Tarrega heirs will not be suing them. I’m going with Tarrega, which I am certain Prof Delcamp has accurately transcribed.
All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

User avatar
Rick Beauregard
Student tutor
Posts: 1740
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:23 am
Location: Blaine, WA

Re: D06 D07 D08 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Rick Beauregard » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:13 pm

DaveMoutrie wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:21 pm
Here is my first attempt at the Estudio de terceras. I was trying to play this slowly, but still a few errors and it sounds a little staccato, although I was not trying to play it that way. Dynamics need some work as well.
Dave, I can’t tell you how much I hated this piece and was happy just to post something and move on. I guess I should have persevered to glean the value of the exercise. You’ve done a good job here. As you mention, it’s all about the tempo now. I hope you stick with it longer than I could.
All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

DaveMoutrie
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 400
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:47 pm
Location: Southwell, Notts, UK

Re: D06 D07 D08 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by DaveMoutrie » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:28 pm

Rick Beauregard wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:13 pm
DaveMoutrie wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:21 pm
Here is my first attempt at the Estudio de terceras. I was trying to play this slowly, but still a few errors and it sounds a little staccato, although I was not trying to play it that way. Dynamics need some work as well.
Dave, I can’t tell you how much I hated this piece and was happy just to post something and move on. I guess I should have persevered to glean the value of the exercise. You’ve done a good job here. As you mention, it’s all about the tempo now. I hope you stick with it longer than I could.
Thanks Rick, I intend to stick with this one a bit longer and try to increase the tempo a bit - I have a bunch of 12 hour shifts coming up though, so practice time is limited :x
Alhambra 4p Cedar
Barnes and Mullins classical
Yamaha silent guitar

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”