D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Christopher Langley
Student of the online lessons

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Christopher Langley » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:49 pm

cor wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:08 pm
Cheers Cor,

You are gonna need to request a name change.

Just make a post. You need your real first and last name in order to participate. Just one of the funny rules. I must say it is kinda nice knowing whom you are really speaking to. But, many people do not wish to disclose such information.

It's just the price you gotta pay to join the club. :twisted: :contrat:

:desole: :merci: :bye: :discussion:
My Recordings

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIXjqRtpseK-33zafCSUfVPpFWHgyh-LZ

Paul Cezanne

Post by Paul Cezanne » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:23 pm

cor wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:08 pm
Greetings fellow students, I just joined yesterday and after reading on the forum it looks like the new session starts September and after this post(my second post) I will be able to download a few lessons that should hold me over until the next session. I peaked at the vids that were posted above by Aaron and look forward to learning some tunes in the first lesson!
Welcome aboard cor!

I too was a late starter, no worries there. We're all here to help each other. Just plow on ahead with the lesson. There will be a few of us around to help you out. I know they are there for me with my questions! And then when September rolls around just keep on doing your lesson but also you'll need to take a breather and re-submit the videos your D01 lessons. (And that's only true if you want credit, I'm still on the fence about that, I don't see how it helps me but I also don't see any harm in it. My goal is to play music, that's all.)

And if you finish D01 by then, just start up with D02. Right now I'm way behind. I started first week of December and I'm only doing lesson 5.

Basically, don't sweat it and welcome!

Roman Kuznetsov

Post by Roman Kuznetsov » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:33 pm

Hello All,

I thought I'd register for the lessons too (if it is not too late).
I used to play acoustic & electric guitar quite a few years ago and wold now like to work on my tone production, left and right hand technique and just become a better classical player.
I am hoping to find some time to do the D01 lessons alongside the "Pumping Nylon" book this spring/summer.

Kind Regards,

Roman.

George Crocket

Post by George Crocket » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:29 am

Hello Roman. Welcome to the forum.

Registration for the new term of lessons begins in September - https://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/ ... 41&t=54023. In the meantime you might like to review the past lessons as a preparation for the new term. Posting an introduction here would help you get to know more about the forum and would give you the two posts necessary for access to the resources reuired.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

GabrielSilva

Post by GabrielSilva » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:13 am

Wow! Thank you so much for theses classes, M. Delcamp! I can't have a teacher right now and your advice will be very helpful for guiding me. A loved your proposed time schedule for studying.

Roman Kuznetsov

Post by Roman Kuznetsov » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:19 pm

Thank you, George. I might just do the D01 in the observer mode in the meantime.

Christopher Langley

Post by Christopher Langley » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:06 am

:mrgreen:
My Recordings

Ziya Can

Post by Ziya Can » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:58 pm

Hi. Firstly, thanks for providing this opportunity. It is really hard to learn without a teacher. You continue to make same mistakes over and over again if you practice alone. I would like to join these lessons if it is okey for you.

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:39 pm

Ziya Can wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:58 pm
Hi. Firstly, thanks for providing this opportunity. It is really hard to learn without a teacher. You continue to make same mistakes over and over again if you practice alone. I would like to join these lessons if it is okey for you.
Hi Ziya
The new lessons start in September and you can then register here https://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/ ... 41&t=54023.

Until then, do familiarise yourself with the lessons and review the conditions for participating.

Hope to see you in September.
Colin

shortnails

Post by shortnails » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:39 pm

Jean-François Delcamp wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:20 pm
Hello everyone,
Please start by downloading the latest version of volume D01.

I thank Geoff (GeoffB) who has helped in the translation of my lessons into English.

Jean-François
GeoffB,
Is there an English-only version of the volumes? I feel overwhelmed with all the words, with all the various languages in the PDFs. :(

William Byrd

Post by William Byrd » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:47 pm

shortnails wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:39 pm
Jean-François Delcamp wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:20 pm
Hello everyone,
Please start by downloading the latest version of volume D01.

I thank Geoff (GeoffB) who has helped in the translation of my lessons into English.

Jean-François
GeoffB,
Is there an English-only version of the volumes? I feel overwhelmed with all the words, with all the various languages in the PDFs. :(
It's done in four languages on the same document. Just locate the English portion and focus on that.
1966 Kazuo Yairi Uzuki
1967 Sadao Yairi Seijin
1971 Mitsuru Tamura No 600

Minh-Man Nguyen

Post by Minh-Man Nguyen » Thu May 02, 2019 2:28 pm

Hi all,
I have some questions about symbol.
Hoping someone will explain for me.
1. What are the numbers and the upside-down bow with a dot insight?
Screenshot_4.png
2. Why do we play third string instead second string for note SI?
Screenshot_5.png
3. What is the hyphen?
Screenshot_6.png
Thank you very much! :merci: :merci: :merci:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ian Howe

Post by Ian Howe » Thu May 02, 2019 3:12 pm

What are the numbers and the upside-down bow with a dot insight?

the Bar number, each bar is seperated by a |

Why do we play third string instead second string for note SI?

I dont understand what the question. The guitar string numbers are not referred to on ledger lines. Maybe i'm misunderstanding this !!

What is the hyphen?
Not 100% on this but would just imagine a continuation, hit the note again or something along those lines
Alvaro No.20
Take it one | | at a time

Christopher Langley

Post by Christopher Langley » Thu May 02, 2019 3:49 pm

Minh-Man Nguyen wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 2:28 pm
Hi all,
I have some questions about symbol.
Hoping someone will explain for me.
1. What are the numbers and the upside-down bow with a dot insight?
Screenshot_4.png
2. Why do we play third string instead second string for note SI?
Screenshot_5.png
3. What is the hyphen?
Screenshot_6.png
Thank you very much! :merci: :merci: :merci:
The answers to most of your questions would mostly be answered by watching the video of Delcamp playing the piece and by looking at this:
https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/Append ... al_symbols

It's very good to think for yourself. That being said.. It's okay to ask too. We don't mind.

1)The numbers above the staff are keeping track of the bars. The 8 below the treble clef means we play up a full octave from what is written. If you don't quite know what this means. Don't worry.

That strange marking is called a fermata. Typically it means you can hold the note and extend it.. However in this situation it seems to involves cutting one of the notes short (staccato). If you use your ears you will hear it in the piece. I think maybe the fermata marking is a mistake on the score. To my ears it should be a staccato dot. Again, if you don't understand, don't worry. Just use your ears to immitate the piece.

*edit* to my ears there should be a staccato dot on the note before the one with the fermata. And the fermata is fine. I just don't personally extend this note when I play it.

2) Different tone. Different mechanics. Allows vibrato. You can play it where you want, But it will change the tone some. And you can't vibrato an open note. (Easily)

3) Vibrato! (Watch the video)

Cheers. Keep paying such close attention and you will do well.

I just recommend paying more attention to the videos and less to the sheet music and markings.. Probabaly the opposite of what most would say. So, take my advice for what it is.. I'm no expert. I only know the videos really help me immensely. Maybe more than the sheet. Others will feel differently.
Last edited by Christopher Langley on Thu May 02, 2019 4:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My Recordings

Paul Cezanne

Post by Paul Cezanne » Thu May 02, 2019 3:54 pm

Christopher Langley wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:49 pm

That strange marking is called a fermata. Typically it means you can hold the note and extend it.. However in this situation it seems to involves cutting one of the notes short (staccato). If you use your ears you will hear it in the piece. I think maybe the fermata marking is a mistake on the score. To my ears it should be a staccato dot.
I think it is fine there. Try playing that note and instead of counting to 4, count to 5. It gives a nice sense of drama and tension to the part which is immediately resolved when you resume playing.

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”