D01 Classical guitar lesson 02

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
CherylMurphy

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by CherylMurphy » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:27 pm

Thank you Paul and Christopher. That makes sense.

Rafael Corner
Student of the online lessons

Post by Rafael Corner » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:01 am

Greetings eveyone

I’ve had a break of the online classes after lesson 01. I’ve had no means to record the lessons, but i’ve been learning music and classical guitar since then.

Here is the lesson 02. I’m back and I hope i can continue posting and try the D02.

Cheers from Brasil ;)

*there are some issues with tempo; i’m working on lesson 03.

C major scale

Ex. 20

Jig

La tête bizarde

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:28 pm

CherylMurphy wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:21 pm
A question about fingering, sorry if this question has already been asked. For example, London's burning (page12), why the B note is sometimes played on the 4th fret of the G string and sometimes on the B string? Are there any rules?
As Paul says the main reason is to teach you the notes of 1st position - where 1st finger plays 1st fret, 2nd finger plays 2nd fret etc. You will find that D01 introduces all these notes and familiarity with the basic keys up to 3# (sharps). At this stage it is introduced as an exercise, but in later lesson it will be essential to use the note on the 3rd string in order to use a note on the 2nd.
You will also find a number of other lessons in this year that might at first sight appear to have strange fingerings and although it is tempting to say “play whatever makes you happy” you will miss out on these lessons if you do.
One example is in O Bella Ciao P35. You will notice the II symbol above the 1st bar (measure), this indicates a move to 2nd position ie 1st finger plays 2nd fret. A more experienced player might look at the first few bars and feel happier holding down an Am chord (1st finger C, 2nd finger E, 3rd finger A), but to do so misses the point of this exercise. It is often important when playing to know where your fingers are or need to go without looking at the fingerboard and this piece introduces one technique to help us with that. The 2nd finger acts as an anchor or reference point around which the 1st finger can move between E and C (you also get some experience of what is called crossfingering) and this will help you develop a feel for finger placement and confidence on the fingerboard, techniques well worth practicing.

Hope to see you registering for the new series of lessons in September.

Christopher Langley

Post by Christopher Langley » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:33 pm

Don't mind me... Just reviewing. :merci: :bye: :lol:
Cordoba CP110
S101 C39425

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”