D05 Classical guitar lesson 02

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Andrei Puhach
Student of the online lessons

Re: D05 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Andrei Puhach » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:02 am

DaveMoutrie wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:05 am
Andrei Puhach wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:33 am
DaveMoutrie wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:41 am
Still struggling a bit with the Differencias - tried playing it at full speed, but too many mistakes. Playing it a bit slower now, but still a few mistakes.

Here's where I'm at with it.

Congrats! Sounds good, but that RH finger alternation... I find it very difficult to re-learn wrong RH patterns, takes patience. So, be careful with RH when you just start a piece.

BTW, my study of this piece is very unproductive and painful... Not sure what's wrong (not the tuning, it is okay).
Thank you for your comment Andrie,

I guess I was concentrating so hard on getting the notes to sound right that I totally neglected the right hand. Sorry to hear you are struggling - I certainly didn't find this piece easy. When playing it slow it sometimes sounds wrong even when its right - the scales are so unfamiliar. I found I had to listen to JF playing it over and over again before it started to make any sense. Not sure why you should experience any pain - there are no awkward stretches and just one short section using a barree.

Keep at it - I'm sure you'll get there.
Thanks! I did not mean physical pain :) Just painful progress, that's it. And no motivation somehow... Maybe I'll post smth in November as I'm going to be off my guitar for ~10 days soon.
Cordoba C9

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:59 pm

Chu Bun wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:20 pm
My submission for the Sor's piece. I tend to struggle with pieces that do not have a clear melody line such as this one.
I agree, but you have managed to make this sound musical despite everything

Chu Bun

Post by Chu Bun » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:20 pm

Colin,

Thank you for your kind comment. I made quite a few mistakes as pointed out by Dave and that was after probably 50+ takes!

The Differencias piece is painful for me too, still struggle after a week of practice, especially on the 3rd variation.

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:11 pm

Chu Bun wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:20 pm
The Differencias piece is painful for me too, still struggle after a week of practice, especially on the 3rd variation.
For me the physical pain has become a problem. It was triggered by the barres and extensions in the second half of Melodía de Sor attribué à Fernando Sor and made worse by a weekend of carving. I’m taking a complete break from playing for at least 2 weeks, then I’ll see if I can get back on track.

Andrei Puhach

Post by Andrei Puhach » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:34 pm

Colin Bullock wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:11 pm
Chu Bun wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:20 pm
For me the physical pain has become a problem. It was triggered by the barres and extensions in the second half of Melodía de Sor attribué à Fernando Sor and made worse by a weekend of carving. I’m taking a complete break from playing for at least 2 weeks, then I’ll see if I can get back on track.
Colin, recover soon! Hopefully, it'll get much better in no time.
Cordoba C9

Chu Bun

Post by Chu Bun » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:09 am

My best effort for the Luy de narvaez's piece. My playing gets progressively worse after each variation. I need another week to get some consistency on this piece.

DaveMoutrie

Post by DaveMoutrie » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:45 am

Chu Bun wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:09 am
My best effort for the Luy de narvaez's piece. My playing gets progressively worse after each variation. I need another week to get some consistency on this piece.

Sounds pretty good to me Chu, This is not an easy piece and the dfferencias get progressively more difficult as you go through. I'm still struggling to get it mistake free while using alternating fingers.

Well done!
Alhambra 4p Cedar
Barnes and Mullins classical
Yamaha silent guitar

Chu Bun

Post by Chu Bun » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:26 am

Dave,

Thank you for the comments. My main problem with this piece is losing focus and fretting the wrong notes on the 3rd string. I probably played many wrong notes and didn't even notice. Below is my second attempt. There are still many errors, but less obvious than the first attempt. It seems easier to play the passages using free strokes so that's what I did. However, I have problems with simultaneous rest strokes and with dynamic when switching between rest and free strokes.

DaveMoutrie

Post by DaveMoutrie » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:35 pm

Chu Bun wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:26 am
Dave,

Thank you for the comments. My main problem with this piece is losing focus and fretting the wrong notes on the 3rd string. I probably played many wrong notes and didn't even notice. Below is my second attempt. There are still many errors, but less obvious than the first attempt. It seems easier to play the passages using free strokes so that's what I did. However, I have problems with simultaneous rest strokes and with dynamic when switching between rest and free strokes.

Well done Chu, I spent a great deal of time on this one and at times felt I was getting nowhere - At first this piece seems not to follow any logical pattern as the scales and chords are unfamiliar to our 21st century ears. In fact I think it was this piece that made me give up on D05 last year. It certainly sounds as if Andrei is having a similar problem.

Definitely an improvement though, and now lesson 3 is out. .....Keep up the good work!
Alhambra 4p Cedar
Yamaha silent guitar

DaveMoutrie

Post by DaveMoutrie » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:44 pm

Here is my version of the Sor Opus 60.

Still plenty of mistakes.

Alhambra 4p Cedar
Yamaha silent guitar

Chu Bun

Post by Chu Bun » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:43 am

Sounds very good to me. There were a few weak notes here and there, but considering you played at the posted tempo, very well done.

DaveMoutrie

Post by DaveMoutrie » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:45 am

Chu Bun wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:43 am
Sounds very good to me. There were a few weak notes here and there, but considering you played at the posted tempo, very well done.
Thank you for your comment Chu,

Things have been a bit quiet round here just lately. I've made a start on lesson 3 now - hope things are going well for you. :)
Alhambra 4p Cedar
Yamaha silent guitar

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”