D05 Classical guitar lesson 03

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
DaveMoutrie
Student of the online lessons

Re: D05 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by DaveMoutrie » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:26 am

Here is my latest version of the polyphony - I think the notes stand out a bit better than the last version, though some of the notes are a little too soft.

Alhambra 4p Cedar
Barnes and Mullins classical
Yamaha silent guitar

DaveMoutrie

Post by DaveMoutrie » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:05 am

Here is my best effort so far at the postillation of Roger still a few mistakes, hesitations and so on.

Alhambra 4p Cedar
Yamaha silent guitar

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:05 pm

DaveMoutrie wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:05 am
Here is my best effort so far at the postillation of Roger still a few mistakes, hesitations and so on.
That's pretty good. I can forgive the few buzzes and mistakes :D
I think my problem will be getting up to speed on most of these.

DaveMoutrie

Post by DaveMoutrie » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:48 pm

Colin Bullock wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:05 pm
DaveMoutrie wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:05 am
That's pretty good. I can forgive the few buzzes and mistakes :D
I think my problem will be getting up to speed on most of these.
Thank you for your coment Colin, usually the trick is to start slowly and build up speed, but it seemed I couldn't get a clean version this time no matter how slow or fast I played it.

I look forward to hearing your version. :D
Alhambra 4p Cedar
Yamaha silent guitar

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:24 pm

DaveMoutrie wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:48 pm
I look forward to hearing your version. :D
Ha ha, me too :lol:

Chu Bun

Post by Chu Bun » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:36 am

Dave,
The Polyphonie piece sounds much clearer than the previous version. Well done.

One comment on your fretting technique, you tend to reach for notes while a change in hand position should be used. For example, your left hand stays at the 1st position when you fret the A at the 5th fret. In his video, monsieur Delcamp hand was probably at 2nd or 3rd position when he fretted this A. By the way, if I play at your tempo, I'll litter the piece with mistakes all over the place.

Chu Bun

Post by Chu Bun » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:42 am

Colin,

Looking forward to seeing your playing. I wouldn't worry too much about being up to speed for these exercises (I don't think I've ever been able to play at the posted tempo except for maybe the twinkle twinkle piece back in D01).

DaveMoutrie

Post by DaveMoutrie » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:30 pm

Chu Bun wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:36 am
Dave,
The Polyphonie piece sounds much clearer than the previous version. Well done.

One comment on your fretting technique, you tend to reach for notes while a change in hand position should be used. For example, your left hand stays at the 1st position when you fret the A at the 5th fret. In his video, monsieur Delcamp hand was probably at 2nd or 3rd position when he fretted this A. By the way, if I play at your tempo, I'll litter the piece with mistakes all over the place.
Thank you very much for your comment Chu, Yes I often start to reach for the next chord position before I have totally left the previous chord position in an effort to make my chord changes smoother, but this is probably not the most effecient technique. I will certainly be looking to make my position
changes far more legato in the next lesson.

Once again thank you for your help and advice. I am still struggling to get a (reasonably) clean version of messy washer, but have already started on next lesson's pieces.

Keep up the excellent playing Chu. :D
Alhambra 4p Cedar
Yamaha silent guitar

DaveMoutrie

Post by DaveMoutrie » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:51 pm

Here is my version of Wascha mesa - Really don't know why this one was so difficult for me - took all my concentration to get most of the notes right so RH fingering was a problem once again as you can see from the video.

Still a few mistakes, repeated notes with same RH finger and I could have done so much more with dynamics. Thought I had my RH fingering sorted but concentrating so hard on the left hand that it all goes to pot when I start recording.
Alhambra 4p Cedar
Yamaha silent guitar

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”