D01 Classical guitar lesson 04

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Jono Diel
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:37 am

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 04

Post by Jono Diel » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:59 am

Thanks Staffan! I need to work with my metronome.

I wonder if my submissions counted for this lesson, or the moderators missed it, cuz it wasn't in the list in the 1st post of maestro.

William Byrd
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 339
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:42 am
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 04

Post by William Byrd » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:56 am

Jono Diel wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:59 am
Thanks Staffan! I need to work with my metronome.

I wonder if my submissions counted for this lesson, or the moderators missed it, cuz it wasn't in the list in the 1st post of maestro.
No need to worry. They'll see it at some point and update things.
1966 Kazuo Yairi Uzuki
1967 Sadao Yairi Seijin
1971 Mitsuru Tamura No 600

Jono Diel
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:37 am

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 04

Post by Jono Diel » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:58 pm

William Byrd wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:56 am
No need to worry. They'll see it at some point and update things.
True. How is lesson 5 coming along for you, Bill?

William Byrd
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 339
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:42 am
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 04

Post by William Byrd » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:48 pm

Jono Diel wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:58 pm
William Byrd wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:56 am
No need to worry. They'll see it at some point and update things.
True. How is lesson 5 coming along for you, Bill?
Lesson 5 is progressing. I may try and post this weekend.

Bill
1966 Kazuo Yairi Uzuki
1967 Sadao Yairi Seijin
1971 Mitsuru Tamura No 600

Alistair Mersereau
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:06 pm

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 04

Post by Alistair Mersereau » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:58 am

Hello all again, here are my submissions.





Alistair Mersereau
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:06 pm

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 04

Post by Alistair Mersereau » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:07 am

Jono Diel wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:00 am
Here are my submissions. :chaud:
Good job. Looks like left hand wrist position comes naturally to you, or do you have to keep it in mind?
Also great rhythm!

Jono Diel
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:37 am

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 04

Post by Jono Diel » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:47 am

Alistair Mersereau wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:07 am
Good job. Looks like left hand wrist position comes naturally to you, or do you have to keep it in mind?
Also great rhythm!
Good job as well, Alistair! I like the tone your playing produce.

I keep my left hand in check especially when practicing really slow. Later on I forget about thinking about it though, then I will remind myself again. Keep up the good work!

Jono

Michael McClenney
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:54 pm
Location: Ellicott City, MD

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 04

Post by Michael McClenney » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:57 am

Hey everybody,

Had to take some time away from the guitar, but I've been practicing Lessons 4 & 5 over the last two weeks in order to catch up. Here's my Lesson 4 submission:

Playlist


Individual Videos
La Cucaracha


Alouette, Gentille Alouette


Lundi Matin


Cadette Rousselle

William Byrd
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 339
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:42 am
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 04

Post by William Byrd » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:32 am

Michael McClenney wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:57 am
Hey everybody,

Had to take some time away from the guitar, but I've been practicing Lessons 4 & 5 over the last two weeks in order to catch up. Here's my Lesson 4 submission:
Really well done Michael. I'm guessing you have some background in guitar.
:bravo:

Bill
1966 Kazuo Yairi Uzuki
1967 Sadao Yairi Seijin
1971 Mitsuru Tamura No 600

Michael McClenney
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:54 pm
Location: Ellicott City, MD

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 04

Post by Michael McClenney » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:08 pm

William Byrd wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:32 am
Really well done Michael. I'm guessing you have some background in guitar.
:bravo:

Bill
Thanks, and yeah I've playing electric and classical (but with horrible form) on and off for a while now. Perpetual beginner. I've decided to stick it out and complete these Delcamp online lessons and it's been great so far.

Paul Cezanne
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:04 pm
Location: Keene NH USA

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 04

Post by Paul Cezanne » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:22 pm

I'm really struggling with tempo on La Cucaracha. I can maybe play it half speed but I still mess up the F-sharp, G, G-sharp part.

Will this just come with time?

William Byrd
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 339
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:42 am
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 04

Post by William Byrd » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:51 am

Paul Cezanne wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:22 pm
I'm really struggling with tempo on La Cucaracha. I can maybe play it half speed but I still mess up the F-sharp, G, G-sharp part.

Will this just come with time?
Hi Paul,

If you're making mistakes while playing, slow down. If you are still not playing the piece properly, slow down even more. I think you get the picture. Go as slow as necessary to execute the piece properly, and then slowing begin to increase the tempo.

Bill
1966 Kazuo Yairi Uzuki
1967 Sadao Yairi Seijin
1971 Mitsuru Tamura No 600

Paul Cezanne
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:04 pm
Location: Keene NH USA

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 04

Post by Paul Cezanne » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:22 pm

William Byrd wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:51 am
If you're making mistakes while playing, slow down. If you are still not playing the piece properly, slow down even more. I think you get the picture. Go as slow as necessary to execute the piece properly, and then slowing begin to increase the tempo.
[/quote]

Thanks Bill. I'll take that to heart with this morning's practice. I guess it makes sense, just keep on repeating it played correctly and then tempo will come.

Paul Cezanne
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:04 pm
Location: Keene NH USA

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 04

Post by Paul Cezanne » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:57 am

William Byrd wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:51 am
If you're making mistakes while playing, slow down. If you are still not playing the piece properly, slow down even more. I think you get the picture. Go as slow as necessary to execute the piece properly, and then slowing begin to increase the tempo.
I took it down to 60bpm and dogged at for half an hour 2 days ago. Took yesterday off, and did 20 minutes today. And I realized I had just played it twice in a row without a single mistake! It really let me have time to think about, "hmmmm pinky B means that the ring finger is just positioned correctly for the D" and that is way better than stabbing blindly at the fretboard!

So I took it up to 70 and I stumbled a bit, but could almost play it.

Oh, and this is without looking at the fretboard at all. If I look I can do it but I figure that that is just false progress.

Thanks again for the advice!

William Byrd
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 339
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:42 am
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 04

Post by William Byrd » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:15 am

Paul Cezanne wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:57 am
William Byrd wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:51 am
If you're making mistakes while playing, slow down. If you are still not playing the piece properly, slow down even more. I think you get the picture. Go as slow as necessary to execute the piece properly, and then slowing begin to increase the tempo.
I took it down to 60bpm and dogged at for half an hour 2 days ago. Took yesterday off, and did 20 minutes today. And I realized I had just played it twice in a row without a single mistake! It really let me have time to think about, "hmmmm pinky B means that the ring finger is just positioned correctly for the D" and that is way better than stabbing blindly at the fretboard!

So I took it up to 70 and I stumbled a bit, but could almost play it.

Oh, and this is without looking at the fretboard at all. If I look I can do it but I figure that that is just false progress.

Thanks again for the advice!
Happy to hear it helped. I have had to slow to 40 bpm for some pieces. Basically, you don't play with the right hand until the left hand is prepared.
1966 Kazuo Yairi Uzuki
1967 Sadao Yairi Seijin
1971 Mitsuru Tamura No 600

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”