D02 Classical guitar lesson 04

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, VidΓ©os, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Mike Cook
Student of the online lessons

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 04

Post by Mike Cook » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:48 pm

Thanks Ken. It was a lot of hard work, but just never seemed to be good enough! If you get a chance, my D03 posts should be available today. I always appreciate the feedback you provide us classmates!
2017 Cordoba 20th Anniversary Guitar
1993 Jose Ramirez R2

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:58 am

Charles Cook wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:48 pm
Thanks Ken. It was a lot of hard work, but just never seemed to be good enough! If you get a chance, my D03 posts should be available today. I always appreciate the feedback you provide us classmates!
Mike, I don't think it is good idea to give you the feedback on piece that I didn't practice and know nothing about. Neverthless, I watched your D03 submissions anyway. It sounds good and I believe it is in tempo to my ear. I've enjoyed your submissions. You are doing more than great!

Hi, all.

I've practiced Arpeggi Di Tre Note all the patterns B,C,D,E for about 3 weeks.
I think I met right tempo for D and E, finally.
I won't post B because it needs to be done prior to do D.
Still working on C and it is hardest one to me. I'll try to post C later. I can't find anybody done C from YouTube.
Any comments are welcome.

Don't miss your daily practice! Enjoy playing :guitare:. :casque:
Ken
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Robert England Hauser
Cordoba Master Series Rodriguez
Cordoba Master Series Torres
Cordoba C12 SP
Hill New World Player CD 615mm
Ryoji Matsuoka M60 SP '84
La Patrie Presentation
Yamaha Silent SLG200NW

Linda Kimbrel

Post by Linda Kimbrel » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:48 pm

Ken, thank you for this last post. I was at a loss to account for A, B, C, D, and E patterns, what use we were to make of them. Now I understand them to be alternate arpeggio patterns, variations to the arpeggio used in the score. Thank you. I am back in the game again, still trailing behind the rest of the class in posting but with good prospects for coming up to speed again this month.

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:04 am

Linda Kimbrel wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:48 pm
Ken, thank you for this last post. I was at a loss to account for A, B, C, D, and E patterns, what use we were to make of them. Now I understand them to be alternate arpeggio patterns, variations to the arpeggio used in the score. Thank you. I am back in the game again, still trailing behind the rest of the class in posting but with good prospects for coming up to speed again this month.
Welcome back, Linda.
You can play slower or faster as you prefer, since there is no tempo reference on lesson book.

Happy New Year, Judy, Mike(Charles), Linda, Nelson and Mike!

Well, here I go for last pattern #C. Now, I'll move on to lesson 5.

Don't miss your daily practice and enjoy playing :guitare:.
Ken
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Robert England Hauser
Cordoba C12 SP
La Patrie Presentation
Yamaha Silent SLG200NW

Mike Cook

Post by Mike Cook » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:33 pm

Ken - Very clean performance! Great tone and steady tempo.

We'll you've inspired me with your postings of the other options, so I worked hard on Option C during the past week. I want to thank you for your videos of the other options. They encouraged me to push a little harder. I had not even considered playing them. Option C is terrific RH and string balance exercise, as well as a piece, to focus on musicality. I'm still not playing it to 100% satisfaction, but it is coming along. I'm also learning a lot from watching my own videos. I see things that I am not aware of while I'm playing. One of my concerns is my RH pinky that wants to curl up. I noticed that when this happens, it tends to hamper my A finger slightly and makes my RH a little tense. I'll need to watch this closely goin forward.

Linda - you are making impressive progress! I look forward to watching you January posts.

Looking forward to Lesson 5. Happy New Year everyone!

1993 Jose Ramirez R2

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:06 pm

Charles Cook wrote: ↑
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:33 pm
Ken - Very clean performance! Great tone and steady tempo.

We'll you've inspired me with your postings of the other options, so I worked hard on Option C during the past week. I want to thank you for your videos of the other options. They encouraged me to push a little harder. I had not even considered playing them. Option C is terrific RH and string balance exercise, as well as a piece, to focus on musicality. I'm still not playing it to 100% satisfaction, but it is coming along. I'm also learning a lot from watching my own videos. I see things that I am not aware of while I'm playing. One of my concerns is my RH pinky that wants to curl up. I noticed that when this happens, it tends to hamper my A finger slightly and makes my RH a little tense. I'll need to watch this closely goin forward.

Linda - you are making impressive progress! I look forward to watching you January posts.

Looking forward to Lesson 5. Happy New Year everyone!
Thank you, Mike.
I'm so glad you did #C. Your playing sounds great with beautiful fire behind you. You are speeding up your skills really fast. I love this recording for both video and audio.

I have couple suggestions for your RH. I would give a little more space between guitar and your wrist about 1". You will hear rounder tone. If you like current tone production, don't consider this. I just prefer rounder tone. It might be just your guitar and strings because your guitar project great with HT strings for recording.

There are gaps between i, m and a. As a practice, try to stick them together when you pluck it . You don't have to stick it together to pluck it all the time. When I tried to pluck it without gaps, I learned steady RH finger position with legato.

I had a problem with RH pinky sticking out with tension about 6 months ago. I tried hard to move my pinky with 'a' finger. Now it is curled up just like 'a' without tension.

Look forward to seeing your lesson 5 submissions.
Ken
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Robert England Hauser
Cordoba C12 SP
La Patrie Presentation
Yamaha Silent SLG200NW

Mike Cook

Post by Mike Cook » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:53 pm

Ken - I went back to the piece to discover that I am playing my RH too close to the guitar. I used an IPad video focused on the RH to isolate the action. I found that bringing my wrist out, as you suggest, does relax C and move easier with A. It is going to take some serious relearn to break the habit, but I think this will make me a much improved player. I will include concentrated arpeggio warmups into my daily practice.

I’m starting the free Classical Guitar Academy Facebook group this month, so I’ll select arpeggio work as a part of this program. Thanks for the tip. It is so nice to have this quality of feedback on technique. Otherwise, we play on without improvement!

Enjoying this forum!

Mike
1993 Jose Ramirez R2

Return to β€œOn-line classical guitar lessons”