D02 Classical guitar lesson 07

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, VidΓ©os, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Colin Bullock

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 07

Post by Colin Bullock » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:42 pm

Judy Verbeeten wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:35 pm
Sorry, I was not aware that we were supposed to post in a different section. Now I know for future reference.

Thank you, Judy.
It isn't startlingly obvious.
Congratulations on completing 7 lessons. Looking good for the exam, best of luck. :bravo:

Ken Kim
Student of the online lessons

Post by Ken Kim » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:42 am

Hi, classmates. :bye:

I posted an extra tune on French forum, which isn't introduced by any lesson from D02. :shock:
It is Fernando Sor Lecon I opus 31 from page 51. :ouioui:

If you are interested, click following link. :casque:

https://www.guitareclassiquedelcamp.com ... 46&t=42820
Ken
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Robert England Hauser
Amalio Burguet Especial
Cordoba Master Series Rodriguez
Cordoba Master Series Torres

Judy Verbeeten

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:28 pm

Ken Kim wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:42 am

I posted an extra tune on French forum, which isn't introduced by any lesson from D02. :shock:
Ken, thank you for sharing. I really enjoy listening to your extra submissions and I definitely learn from watching your playing technique. Thank you again.

Your committed student, Judy.

Linda Kimbrel

Post by Linda Kimbrel » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:38 pm

I hope the rain in the background is soothing rather than distracting. I didn’t notice it had started raining as I recorded this piece. I am at long last using an external mic for my iPhone, :casque: and I sincerely hope the sound quality is improved - getting this Rode Mike ME-L took some doing! The first mic I ordered was not compatible with my iPhone XS, so I sent it back and ordered a different model. The second one was misdelivered to a distant neighbor’s house and only reached me after I had reported the package missing. The company had already issued me a refund, which I used to reorder a third mic. This third mic will have to be returned when it comes and the refund uncredited or whatever. Took quite a few emails to sort it all out.

After I got the misdelivered mic, I still couldn’t get it to work until I took an Exacto knife and modified the protective case for my iPhone so the mic would fit into the lightning port. This case is extremely durable, by the way, and resisted my modification efforts admirably. I have no doubt now my phone is quite adequately protected from anything up to and including a nuclear blast. At any rate, I still have all my fingers and the mic now nestles into the phone’s lightning port without having to remove the case and risk damage to the device.

Linda Kimbrel

Post by Linda Kimbrel » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:41 pm

Colin Bullock wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:19 pm
Lesson 7 is the first opportunity to post sufficient pieces to qualify for entering the exam.
At the end of the first post of each lesson you will see aa list of students and their posts which are registered as qualifying pieces.
Can you check your posts for each lesson and see if there are any I have missed.
thanks
Colin
Colin, I have posted my submissions for lesson 4 in that thread if you would be kind enough to verify them. Thank you.
Linda Kimbrel

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:19 pm

Judy Verbeeten wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:28 pm
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:42 am

Ken, thank you for sharing. I really enjoy listening to your extra submissions and I definitely learn from watching your playing technique. Thank you again.

Your committed student, Judy.
Thank you much for compliment, Judy. :merci:
I achieved more play-ability than I expected. I am really enjoying guitar at this moment. :casque:
Ken
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Robert England Hauser
Amalio Burguet Especial

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:38 pm

Linda Kimbrel wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:38 pm
I hope the rain in the background is soothing rather than distracting. I didn’t notice it had started raining as I recorded this piece. I am at long last using an external mic for my iPhone, :casque: and I sincerely hope the sound quality is improved - getting this Rode Mike ME-L took some doing! The first mic I ordered was not compatible with my iPhone XS, so I sent it back and ordered a different model. The second one was misdelivered to a distant neighbor’s house and only reached me after I had reported the package missing. The company had already issued me a refund, which I used to reorder a third mic. This third mic will have to be returned when it comes and the refund uncredited or whatever. Took quite a few emails to sort it all out.

After I got the misdelivered mic, I still couldn’t get it to work until I took an Exacto knife and modified the protective case for my iPhone so the mic would fit into the lightning port. This case is extremely durable, by the way, and resisted my modification efforts admirably. I have no doubt now my phone is quite adequately protected from anything up to and including a nuclear blast. At any rate, I still have all my fingers and the mic now nestles into the phone’s lightning port without having to remove the case and risk damage to the device.
:bravo:, Linda.
Eccosaise sounds great. :okok:
Sound is much better with new mic. :D
If you put Rode VideoMicMe-L close to your guitar about 3', recording sound will be much better.
You and I have a same microphone and I put mine 3~4' away from bridge of guitar.
Your volume of recording is really different than mine.

You might consider this video helpful.
Ken
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Robert England Hauser
Amalio Burguet Especial

Linda Kimbrel

Post by Linda Kimbrel » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:00 am

Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:38 pm

:bravo:, Linda.
Eccosaise sounds great. :okok:
Sound is much better with new mic. :D
If you put Rode VideoMicMe-L close to your guitar about 3', recording sound will be much better.
You and I have a same microphone and I put mine 3~4' away from bridge of guitar.
Your volume of recording is really different than mine.

You might consider this video helpful.
Ken, Thank you for the mic advice. I don’t know how to adjust the tone or volume, so far I’ve just stuck the mic in the lightning port and recorded straight from the phone’s camera. I will watch the video and hopefully learn.

Linda

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:30 am

I posted another extra tune on French forum, which isn't introduced by any lesson from D02. :shock:
It is Carulli, Ferdinando - Op.241 / Varied Waltz from page 40,41,42. :ouioui:

https://www.guitareclassiquedelcamp.com ... 46&t=42840
Ken
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Robert England Hauser
Amalio Burguet Especial

Linda Kimbrel

Post by Linda Kimbrel » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:48 pm

Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:30 am

I posted another extra tune on French forum, which isn't introduced by any lesson from D02. :shock:

Ken - you speak French?? This Carulli waltz and variations
is a favorite of mine too. I play it a little differently at points but we may be using slightly different versions of the score. Very nicely done, it took devoted practice before before I could get through the final variation’s ascending-descending run without stumbling. :bravo:
Linda

Linda Kimbrel

Post by Linda Kimbrel » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:48 pm

Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:30 am

is a favorite of mine too. I play it a little differently at points but we may be using slightly different versions of the score. Very nicely done, it took devoted practice before before I could get through the final variation’s ascending-descending run without stumbling.
:bravo:
Linda

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:45 am

Linda Kimbrel wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:48 pm
is a favorite of mine too. I play it a little differently at points but we may be using slightly different versions of the score. Very nicely done, it took devoted practice before before I could get through the final variation’s ascending-descending run without stumbling.
:bravo:
Linda
Thank you for listening, Linda. :merci:
Of course, I don't speak French, Linda. I use Google Translate to communicate with French members.
This Carulli waltz is from Delcamp D02 book/page 40,41,42. I only post my YouTube videos from D02 book.
Scales Practice is essential for last variation. II Variation was a bit hard to do thumb stroke with accent. :bye:
Ken
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Robert England Hauser
Amalio Burguet Especial

Mike Cook

Post by Mike Cook » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:47 am

Sorry this is so late. Life is busy, so I'm learning these in real time, as they are assigned.
I'll jump into the musical game soon!

Ecossaise No 10, Opus 33.
2019 Elias Monet Bonne Traditional Cedar/Green Ebony
2017 Cordoba 20th Anniversary Guitar
1993 Jose Ramirez R2
2008 Eric Johnson Signature Strat
2013 Gibson Songwriter Deluxe EC Studio

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:04 pm

Important: everyone please read this post viewtopic.php?f=41&t=54023&start=1110#p1346327

Linda Kimbrel

Post by Linda Kimbrel » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:46 am

Thanks for the reminder,Colin. I had forgotten about needing to post once a week. But I can claim unusual distractions, all the repairs and renovations dropped in our laps by an EF3 tornado that did extensive damage to two family homes in December. One house is nearly restored. The second one will be easier, not so much damage.

It was a good idea to refresh our memory about the conditions we agreed to when we signed on to the classes.
Linda Kimbrel

Return to β€œOn-line classical guitar lessons”