D02 Classical guitar lesson 08

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidรฉos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Mike Cook
Student of the online lessons

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 08

Post by Mike Cook » Thu May 09, 2019 3:01 am

Thank you Judy! :merci: :bye: Your skills have really developed since the year began. :bravo:

It helps that I LOVE classical guitar music. I get out of bed at 5am on workdays to get 90 - 120 minutes of practice each morning. I do not work on the Delcamp until it is assigned, so I am a little behind the power curve when each lesson begins. In fact, I haven't even looked at the current lessons. Work gets in the way of fun! :cry:

I am thinking of starting private lessons and I am also thinking of starting the Classical Guitar Academy soon. I eat, breathe, and sleep classical guitar - I want to develop my skills before I get too old!I haven't started working on the D03 exam yet, but it is a beautiful piece that I look forward to learning. :casque:

Mike
Last edited by Mike Cook on Thu May 09, 2019 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 Elias Monet Bonne Traditional Cedar/Green Ebony
2017 Cordoba 20th Anniversary Guitar
1993 Jose Ramirez R2
2008 Eric Johnson Signature Strat
2013 Gibson Songwriter Deluxe EC Studio

Judy Verbeeten

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Thu May 09, 2019 5:12 pm

Mike Cook wrote: โ†‘
Thu May 09, 2019 3:01 am
Thank you Judy!
Mike, best of luck on all of your exam submissions. I have a feeling all your hard work and dedication is gonna pay off.

Judy

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Fri May 10, 2019 4:14 am

Hi, D02 classmates. :bye:
My last submission for the 8th lesson. :D Now I'm going to the 10th lesson and some extra tunes. :ouioui:
Good luck all again for the exam! :okok:
D02-08 Improvise D,E,G,A,B,C.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ken
๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ
Robert England Hauser
Amalio Burguet Especial
Cordoba Master Series Rodriguez
Cordoba Master Series Torres

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Wed May 15, 2019 12:41 pm

Just a reminder folks that the timing for exam submissions is on European time UTC+1.
If you are US based, donโ€™t post on US time, you will be too late.

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Wed May 15, 2019 2:43 pm

Colin Bullock wrote: โ†‘
Wed May 15, 2019 12:41 pm
Just a reminder folks that the timing for exam submissions is on European time UTC+1.
If you are US based, donโ€™t post on US time, you will be too late.
Thank you for reminding us, Colin. :merci:
Isn't exam be held for 3 days to post it between May 20th to 22nd?? :?
Ken
๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ
Robert England Hauser
Amalio Burguet Especial
Cordoba Master Series Rodriguez
Cordoba Master Series Torres

Judy Verbeeten

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Wed May 15, 2019 6:51 pm

Colin and Ken, I am definitely aware of the time differential. I actually thought France/Spain time was UTC + 2. Here in Toronto, Canada, we are on Eastern Time which is UTC - 4, so most of France and Spain are 6 hours ahead of us. I must say that two of my classmates on D01 posted their submissions at 8:00 pm and 10:00 pm last night on May 14 US time, which was 2:00 am and 4:00 am on May 15 France/Spain time, respectively, which was past the May 14 deadline. I was relieved for both of my D01 classmates that their submissions were accepted.

To be frank, with a month to prepare, I cannot relate to, or understand why anyone would leave posting a submission to the last minute (or beyond) and risk rejection and the nullification of all the effort that was invested to prepare for the submission in the first place.

Judy

Linda Kimbrel

Post by Linda Kimbrel » Thu May 16, 2019 12:29 am

Wow, thankful for that reminder about time difference.
Linda

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Thu May 16, 2019 9:53 am

Ken Kim wrote: โ†‘
Wed May 15, 2019 2:43 pm
Isn't exam be held for 3 days to post it between May 20th to 22nd?? :?
Judy Verbeeten wrote: โ†‘
Wed May 15, 2019 6:51 pm
I was relieved for both of my D01 classmates that their submissions were accepted.

To be frank, with a month to prepare, I cannot relate to, or understand why anyone would leave posting a submission to the last minute (or beyond) and risk rejection and the nullification of all the effort that was invested to prepare for the submission in the first place.
I agree about leaving it to last minute. So many things can go wrong, eg last night I couldnโ€™t log in to reply to this. As Ken says, there are 3 days on which to post and doing it early on means you can correct and problems.
Just had a look at D01, they were lucky, sometimes a moderator isnt available to lock the thread exactly on time.

Return to โ€œOn-line classical guitar lessonsโ€