D02 Classical guitar lesson 09

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Colin Bullock

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 09

Post by Colin Bullock » Wed May 08, 2019 9:26 pm

All the other language fora are run separately and as long as you fulfil the entry requirements and follow the rules you can participate in as many as you want.
You can post the same video here as in another forum.
You just need to be able to participate in each lesson once a week until the end of lesson 10 to retain your studentship.
Google translate has an ap for the ipad which is very good, the main problem is guitar specific terminology which often doesn’t translate and can need a little interpretation.

Judy Verbeeten
Student of the online lessons

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Wed May 08, 2019 10:05 pm

Thank you Colin. Your and Ken's replies have answered all my questions. Thanks again.

Judy

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Fri May 10, 2019 4:04 am

Hi, D02 classmates. :bye:
My last submission for the 9th lesson. :D Now I'm going to the 10th lesson and some extra tunes. :ouioui:
Good luck all again for the exam! :okok:

Ken

♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥

Robert England Hauser / Amalio Burguet Especial
Cordoba C12SP, Torres & Rodriguez
Yamaha Silent SLG200NW / Ryoji Matsuoka M60

Mike Cook

Post by Mike Cook » Fri May 24, 2019 1:35 pm

Ken - Your playing continues to improve. I need to try to get caught up with lesson 9. And yes, the new mic has a terrific sound quality. How does it integrate with the video? For example, I use a DSLR camera for video with a mini mic jack. Is there a way I can use a mic like yours with my DSLR? I'm guessing it would require an interface? What was the make and model of you mics?
2019 Elias Bonet Monne Traditional Cedar/Green Ebony
2017 Cordoba 20th Anniversary Guitar
1993 Jose Ramirez R2
2008 Fender Strat, Eric Johnson Signature Model
1966 Gibson Melodymaker
2013 Gibson Songwriter Deluxe EC Studio

Judy Verbeeten

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Fri May 24, 2019 2:40 pm

Mike Cook wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 1:35 pm
Ken - Your playing continues to improve. I need to try to get caught up with lesson 9. And yes, the new mic has a terrific sound quality. How does it integrate with the video? For example, I use a DSLR camera for video with a mini mic jack. Is there a way I can use a mic like yours with my DSLR? I'm guessing it would require an interface? What was the make and model of you mics?
Mike, my reality is that I could have Ken's mics, etc., but my music will never ever sound as magnificent and magical as what Ken produces.... Reality bites. LOL Judy

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Fri May 24, 2019 3:15 pm

HI, Mike and Judy. :bye:
I post a final version of A Canoa Virou before I explain my current recording setup.:ouioui:

Current Mics are a pair of Neumann TLM103 connected to Audient id14(Audio Interface). At the same time, Audient id14 connected to Galaxy S7.
These mics are great to catch Bass and full resonant, but pricey. :shock:

You need a phantom power 48v to support this mic. There are many ways to connect this type of mic to DSLR, but Audio Interface is worth it for the quality of sound.
I like the sound of it, although I simply cut the feed from my cellphone and upload. Everything is done by my phone.
Ken

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Sun May 26, 2019 7:13 am

Congratulations everyone on the results of the exam https://www.guitarraclasicadelcamp.com/ ... 81#p212559

Special congratulations to Ken

:bravo:

Look forward to you all continuing in D03

Judy Verbeeten

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Sun May 26, 2019 12:01 pm

Yeh, to our group, but as Colin noted, particularly to Ken, who rightfully was singled out and recognized by the jury for his exceptional playing.

And that's only one piece the jury listened to .... if they only knew, that all his submissions are just as excellent.

I think I can speak for our group when I say that we all benefit from being able to watch and listen to all of Ken's submissions on this board.

Judy

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Sun May 26, 2019 1:09 pm

Colin Bullock wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 7:13 am
Special congratulations to Ken
:bravo:
Look forward to you all continuing in D03
Colin, thank you much for your comment and support this year! :merci:
I will definitely continue in D03 and hopely more students can join us in this September. :)
Ken

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Sun May 26, 2019 1:19 pm

Judy Verbeeten wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:01 pm
Yeh, to our group, but as Colin noted, particularly to Ken, who rightfully was singled out and recognized by the jury for his exceptional playing.
And that's only one piece the jury listened to .... if they only knew, that all his submissions are just as excellent.
I think I can speak for our group when I say that we all benefit from being able to watch and listen to all of Ken's submissions on this board.
Judy
Judy, I also read pm.:ouioui:
I humbly thank you to your comment, which is more than generous. :merci:
I'm just enjoying guitar like you. It is a pleasure to give you advice sometimes although we all are in same level. You are progressing fast and I can see your dedication.:okok:
Your left hand is always relaxed and getting to stay closer and closer to fingerboard.
Right hand position support from SBM would help you great.
I'll make some warm-up video for you and Linda a little later, which helped me a lot. I'll send you by pm.
Congratulations to you for your diploma and excellent work this year. :bravo:
Ken

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Mon May 27, 2019 9:17 am

Ken Kim wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 1:09 pm
I will definitely continue in D03 and hopely more students can join us in this September.
We will lose Mike, but that leaves only 3 going forward (I assume). Although others might join, in all the other fora D03 appear to have low numbers of 3-4.

One target I hope you will consider is going through the grades towards D06. This year we will be running a combined D06/07 in English and completion of D06 qualifies a member to become a student tutor so I’m hoping you will consider working towards that. We will be adding at least 1 more moderator to allow us to run this extra group, but the role of moderators is focussed more on the smooth running of the forum and helping students with the mechanics of forum life. Although we are often asked for advice on musical aspects we have to be careful that students don’t take our word as gospel so I tend to phrase advice in terms of “my experience is .....”.
At the moment we only have 1 student tutor and he is also a professional teacher hence constrained on time. So having more would be a great benefit to the forum and it would be great to see you working towards that goal as I think you would be very good at it.

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Mon May 27, 2019 1:40 pm

Colin Bullock wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 9:17 am
We will lose Mike, but that leaves only 3 going forward (I assume). Although others might join, in all the other fora D03 appear to have low numbers of 3-4.
One target I hope you will consider is going through the grades towards D06. This year we will be running a combined D06/07 in English and completion of D06 qualifies a member to become a student tutor so I’m hoping you will consider working towards that. We will be adding at least 1 more moderator to allow us to run this extra group, but the role of moderators is focussed more on the smooth running of the forum and helping students with the mechanics of forum life. Although we are often asked for advice on musical aspects we have to be careful that students don’t take our word as gospel so I tend to phrase advice in terms of “my experience is .....”.
At the moment we only have 1 student tutor and he is also a professional teacher hence constrained on time. So having more would be a great benefit to the forum and it would be great to see you working towards that goal as I think you would be very good at it.
Thank you for great suggestion, Colin. :merci:
My goal is to play Bach Chaconne in d minor in my time, although it is a almost impossible dream. :) I definitely have to pass by D06 and higher level to achieve my skills to play it. :ouioui:
Student Tutor is a great title to help the group of D01 and D02. It is 4 more years to go if I don't lose a track. :chaud:
I'll look into it for sure when I pass the exam of D06. D01 group of this year has been blessed with many students and I wish they all remain and become very active members to the forum. :ouioui:
I'm sorry to hear Mike won't stay with us. :roll: :bye:
Ken

Judy Verbeeten

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Mon May 27, 2019 7:14 pm

Ken Kim wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 1:40 pm
I'm sorry to hear Mike won't stay with us.
Ken, actually the reason Mike Cook will not be in D03 next year, is because he was very ambitious and completed D01, D02 and D03 this year.

I think he is pretty committed to Delcamp, but he will be in D04 next year.

Judy

Judy Verbeeten

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Mon May 27, 2019 7:20 pm

Colin Bullock wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 9:17 am
.... it would be great to see you working towards that goal as I think you would be very good at it.
Colin, you are absolutely right about Ken being an excellent tutor, but he has already achieved that status. As a fellow student in D02, Ken provided thoughtful analysis and constructive advice to me and the other students in D02 throughout the term. I look forward to his valuable inputs next year in D03.

Judy

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Mon May 27, 2019 9:53 pm

Judy Verbeeten wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 7:14 pm
Ken, actually the reason Mike Cook will not be in D03 next year, is because he was very ambitious and completed D01, D02 and D03 this year.
I think he is pretty committed to Delcamp, but he will be in D04 next year.
Judy
I thought he was leaving Delcamp. :) He sure will be in D04 with no doubt.
Judy, I'll try D03 and D04 together in this September. :chaud: Many members from french forum strongly suggest to do both. :? I started working on Nesta Rua(D03 exam piece) and made 1st recording of it. :ouioui: I'll send you by pm. It is still flimsy with many mistakes but decent recording.
I did progress myself a lot this year and so did you. Better tip for you is to listen and watch a lot from other players. As soon as you find good right hand position, you will evolve your play-ability. :casque:
Ken

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”