D02 Classical guitar lesson 10

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Ausangate

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 10

Post by Ausangate » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:53 am

Hello;

This student forum is excellent; great music, a thoughtful exchange of ideas and questions... full of learning for all of us.

Thank you all.
Ausangate.

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:28 pm

You will have seen the post by Prof Delcamp concerning an update to the registration conditions for the lessons viewtopic.php?f=41&t=54023#p587778
If you intend to take part in the new series of lessons in the Autumn, you should read the conditions as there have been some changes.

Below is a summary of some of the changes I have spotted that will affect you:
  • Student group will be cleared in August; new and returning students may register between September and December.
  • The Students group will be closed for new registrations at the end of December (since any later doesn't allow time to complete the course properly)
  • No joining more than one forum for lessons - no simultaneous eg English/French participating.
  • Students need to be able to express themselves clearly in the language of their chosen forum (they've had some real Google translation howlers on the French forum, to the exasperation of the mods there)
  • Each lesson will be locked 3 months after posting.
  • Students are expected to post at least one message per week containing encouragement, constructive criticisms, or advice. Students will be removed from the group if no posts are made in 2 weeks, unless valid reason given (there was already a condition to post once a week, but now it is being enforced).
  • Video recordings only - no audio (in lessons and exams)
  • D06 and above to be on each forum, rather than just on the Spanish forum (less friction over Google translations)
  • D06 to D08 combined into a single course (allowing a viable class size)

Judy Verbeeten
Student of the online lessons

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:33 pm

Colin Bullock wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:28 pm
You will have seen the post by Prof Delcamp concerning an update to the registration conditions for the lessons
Colin, thank you for enumerating the changes for participating in the lessons for next year. The first change you have noted states that new and returning students may register (starting in September). Does that mean that students who are returning and have had no gap in their participation, having completed the previous year's requisite number of posts, must request to be re-registered anew?

You had previously replied to an inquiry by James Showalter (April 29, 2019) [viewtopic.php?f=41&t=54023&start=1125#p1354684] where you informed him that if he completed the requisite number of posts, his student registration would continue into the next year. Do the so-called new rules change this now, whereby returning students still have to register?

Thank you. Judy

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:54 am

Judy Verbeeten wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:33 pm
....Do the so-called new rules change this now, whereby returning students still have to register?

Thank you. Judy
We understand that is the case.
I think Prof Delcamp is trying to reduce the amount of admin on the site and it is easier to clear the group rather than sort each forum by date and selectively remove.

Judy Verbeeten

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:45 am

Colin Bullock wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:54 am
We understand that is the case.
Colin, thank you for the heads-up on this point. Have a great summer. 'See' you in the Fall.

Best, Judy.

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:24 pm

Colin Bullock wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:28 pm
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=54023#p587778
  • No joining more than one forum for lessons - no simultaneous eg English/French participating.
Hello, Colin.

It seems Prof. Delcamp updated conditions with new rules and I can't find above information.
Do I still have to choose one forum only? :bye:

Oops, I found it...Sorry Colin.
Ken

♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥

Robert England Hauser / Amalio Burguet Especial
Cordoba C12SP, Torres & Rodriguez
Yamaha Silent SLG200NW / Ryoji Matsuoka M60

Nitin Nepali

Post by Nitin Nepali » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:58 pm

I am gonna follow all the instructions provided here in this blog.
Really helpful and informative.

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:00 pm

Ausangate wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:53 am
Hello; This student forum is excellent; great music, a thoughtful exchange of ideas and questions... full of learning for all of us.
Thank you all.
Ausangate.
Hello, Ausangate. :bye:
That is a quite generous post that I missed. You are always welcome to join us here for free Delcamp lesson. I've played classical guitar for 23 months since I started as a very beginner here. I'm quite satisfied with where I am.

Nitin Nepali wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:58 pm
I am gonna follow all the instructions provided here in this blog.
Really helpful and informative.
Hello, Nitin Nepali. :bye:
I'm not sure whether you are talking about whole website or Delcamp lesson. When you join here to post your playing video, it'll push you more to be a better player with good feedback.
Ken

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:55 pm

Hi, Judy, Linda and Mike.

My first version of Chaconne here. :ouioui:
This video finally confirms that I'm not good at Rasgueado. :lol:

This Rondo is the result of 60 days of practice.
What a difficult melody Professor Delcamp put in D02 ~! :shock:
Fortunately, I finally memorized whole Rondo, although I still could not get rid of big mistakes. I will give it for 15 more days to get rid of mistakes and that will be all for this Rondo.
If anyone starts practicing this Rondo, I'll shout 'AH ~~~~~~~~~~~~~!' with you. :chaud:
I will eventually make a final version of 75 days ... :|

Last edited by Ken Kim on Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken

Judy Verbeeten

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:13 pm

Ken Kim wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:55 pm
My first version of Chaconne here.
This Rondo is the result of 60 days of practice.
Ken, I think your first recording of rasgueado is an impressive effort. I presume you saw Bradford Werner's 10-minute instruction video on rasgueado.

Your Rondo is terrific.

Judy

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:39 pm

Judy Verbeeten wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:13 pm
Ken, I think your first recording of rasgueado is an impressive effort. I presume you saw Bradford Werner's 10-minute instruction video on rasgueado.
Your Rondo is terrific.
Judy
:merci: , Judy.
I'm having hard time with rasgueado. It surely doesn't look like it is getting better. Yikes! :evil:
Please, check Patrick's version of Chaconne in french forum. He played very clean with much nicer tempo than mine. :ouioui:

My rasgueado is similar to B.W's than Prof.Delcamp's. I don't prefer perpendicular angle of attack on RH like Maestro.
I have to try B.W's rasgueado practice. Hopely, it will help me progress on that.

I've screamed out loud physically 'AH~~~~~!' for every single 60 days with this Rondo. I will do it tonight also... :lol:
I'll try to upload 1 more version in 2 weeks and that will be my final Rondo. :bye:
Ken

Judy Verbeeten

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:52 pm

Ken Kim wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:39 pm

Please, check Patrick's version of Chaconne in french forum. He played very clean with much nicer tempo than mine
Yes, Patrick's Chaconne is very solid. As you have noted before, the French board is markedly more active than our English board and has more students (at the D02 level, this year).

However, now that future students are restricted to only one language board, are you staying with only the French board? I hope there are enough students for D03 on the English board next year, because I would prefer to stay with my own language board, and just peruse the French board as a registrant but not as a student per se. I guess a lot depends on how many students there will be at the D03 level next year.

Judy

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:41 pm

Hi, all.

I posted another long piece, a little shorter than Rondo, which is Fernando Sor Lesson V op.60 of D02 book .

If you are interested in finding another gem of this book, follow the link. It's easier than Rondo but it's not short. :bye:

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=128347
Ken

Judy Verbeeten

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:53 pm

Ken Kim wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:41 pm

I posted another long piece, a little shorter than Rondo, which is Fernando Sor Lesson V op.60 of D02 book .
Ken, played beautifully. Yes, the piece is long but it has a gentle flow and calming tone that is allowed to develop over the length of the piece.

Thank you for sharing.

Judy.

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:47 pm

Hello everyone. : Bye:

It's hot here now in Indiana at 95F. :chaud:
This Rondo is the result of 67 days. There are many mistakes here and there but nothing major or huge.

My previous Chaconne was recorded after 22 days of practice. But I improved much more in a week with Patrick's video. I tried to minimize the movement of my right hand. I realized that my rasgueado was too wide open and big with a useless movement.

Both are my final version. It's now time for me to move on to the next challenge. :ouioui:
Stay cool (cold), everyone. :D

Ken

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”