Level D02-D08, Ornaments in baroque music

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Eliana Toledo Romero

Re: Level 2-8, Ornaments in baroque music

Post by Eliana Toledo Romero » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:50 pm

Ahora sí pude escuchar los MP3. Maravillosos, :bravo: :merci: :casque: :applauso: :applauso: :applauso: :applauso: :bye:

Subun

Post by Subun » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:28 am

Excellent teaching, illustrations, texts, & examples.

Thanks a million.

Lincoln

Post by Lincoln » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:53 pm

:merci: Thank you Mr. Delcamp. You are indeed an inspiration, and an accomplished educator!

Pan The Man

Re: Ornaments - Trills - Video

Post by Pan The Man » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:42 am

Jean-François Delcamp wrote:Trills - Video

Here is a video recorded just this morning, where I play a few trills. Your questions and comments are always welcome :D
trille volume 2 page 83.jpg
Trille_Trills_Trillo_Trinos_Trinados.wmv

Excellent speed and clarity, Maestro Delcamp! :guitare:
But you're making me look bad! :lol:

~Ted

rhilapse

Post by rhilapse » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:07 am

Merci beaucoup, Jean-François :)

aykuth

Post by aykuth » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:45 am

I just want to thank. Thanks a lot. I have been studying (maybe I should say sight reading) some simple Baroque pieces for nearly 12 years however I never could find out a way of performing the ornaments in a proper fashion. This lesson is such a big motivation to review those pieces again. Hope I will write again about my progress.

houseofj

Post by houseofj » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:53 am

Merci beaucoup Jean-François :merci:

VinodS

Post by VinodS » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:38 pm

Many many thanks Mr. Delcamp.
This is an excellent teaching.
Thanks for your valuble time and great amount of effort you've put here.

:merci: :merci: :merci:

smallhands

Post by smallhands » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:22 pm

This is the best and most clearly illustrated form of musical tuition that I have ever come across and I know that i'll be coming back to it time and time again. Despite years of music lessons as a child (although not on guitar), I have never properly understood ornaments in music before. I feel really encouraged to try some Baroque pieces now.

Many thanks.

Sara

Wombad

Post by Wombad » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:39 am

Thanks, i did always ignore those ornaments due to not really understanding the notation.

LazaroD

Post by LazaroD » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:53 pm

good helped with my trill...

tks :merci:

David Jaggs

Re: Level D02-D08, Ornaments in baroque music

Post by David Jaggs » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:57 pm

Hi all,

I know I'm late with this reply, but if anyone here is interested in the correct shape of a cadential trill in baroque music, particularly Weiss, this short clip explains it really well. Seperate bass and treble using "broken style", accelerate through the trill with diminuendo......... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1vgV2-_hDE

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”