Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Binh NguyenKhac

Re: Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by Binh NguyenKhac » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:53 am

Hi my name is Binh Nguyen! I have finished D02 in2017 and I'd like to join the Level D03 class.

I've read and agree to the conditions:
1. username is my real name now
2. I publicized the class on Facebook
3. I will post recordings for at least 7 of the lessons
4. I will comment on other student's video posts

Please let me know if you need any other info!

Thanks,

Binh Nguyen

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:29 am

Binh NguyenKhac wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:53 am
Hi my name is Binh Nguyen! I have finished D02 in2017 and I'd like to join the Level D03 class.

I've read and agree to the conditions:
1. username is my real name now
2. I publicized the class on Facebook
3. I will post recordings for at least 7 of the lessons
4. I will comment on other student's video posts

Please let me know if you need any other info!

Thanks,

Binh Nguyen
No problem Binh, you are ok to join the lessons

Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:41 pm

From next year, starting September 2019, on each forum (English, French, Italian and Spanish), I'll be giving multi-level lessons, combining levels D06, D07 and D08, in a single language, that of the respective host forum in each case. In this way, groups at different levels, but using a common language, will be large enough to make the discussions enriching for everyone. The international end-of-year online lesson exam will remain on the Spanish forum. The other levels, D01 to D05, will continue unchanged.
:( + ♫ = :)

Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:41 pm

Hello everyone,
:cornet: :cornet: :cornet:
This year students will need to buy the set pieces for the end-of-year exam online at this site: https://productionsdoz.com/
Prices vary, depending on the works, between 4 and 16 euros. The highest prices relate to collections containing many pieces, enough to provide interest and enjoyment for several months.

If, for one reason or another, it is not possible to make the purchase online, the student can pick out the set piece by ear, from the video or mp3 which will be posted. :mrgreen: :evil:

While picking out the piece, the student will be training both the ear and the memory, and will benefit from this.
The student will be tired, but will have made progress, so I have no concerns there.
Picking out by ear is part of learning.

Musically and rhythmically it will not be complicated, so it is possible to do.
If necessary, students can start picking out some tunes now to get into practice.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:54 pm

Just to clarify a little, the above post will apply only to certain levels, while other levels will have a set piece from the public domain, though the final decision on which levels are involved has not yet been made. We'll let you know as soon as that is decided.
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:36 am

Hello everyone,
First-year final exam 12, 13, 14 May. Announcement of the required piece, 12 april.
Second-year final exam 20, 21, 22 May. Announcement of the required piece, 20 april.
Third-year final exam 28, 29, 30 May. Announcement of the required piece, 28 april.
Fourth-year final exam 28, 29, 30 May. Announcement of the required piece, 28 april.
Fifth-year final exam 20, 21, 22 May. Announcement of the required piece, 20 april.
Sixth-year final exam 12, 13, 14 May. Announcement of the required piece, 12 april.
Seventh-year final exam 28, 29, 30 May. Announcement of the required piece, 28 april.
Eighth-year final exam 20, 21, 22 May. Announcement of the required piece, 20 april.

Good luck!

William Byrd
Student of the online lessons

Post by William Byrd » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:17 am

Any chance of getting things updated on the D01 forum?
1966 Kazuo Yairi Uzuki
1967 Sadao Yairi Seijin
1971 Mitsuru Tamura No 600

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:20 am

William Byrd wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:17 am
I think John is out until end of week. I’ll have a look this weekend.

William Byrd
Student of the online lessons

Post by William Byrd » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:28 am

Colin Bullock wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:20 am
William Byrd wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:17 am
I think John is out until end of week. I’ll have a look this weekend.
Apologies for being a pest. I just don't want to run into issues come exam time.

Thanks Colin.

BTW...Prior to arriving in Japan a year and a half ago, I was a resident of East Angelia for four years. I do miss the UK from time to time, politics aside.

Bill
1966 Kazuo Yairi Uzuki
1967 Sadao Yairi Seijin
1971 Mitsuru Tamura No 600

allenlucas

Post by allenlucas » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:51 pm

I hereby agree to accept the qualifying conditions for admission to this group.

allenlucas

Post by allenlucas » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:15 pm

Hello,

I just want to ask how can I enrol to the DO1 online guitar lesson?

Andy Weisbrodt

Post by Andy Weisbrodt » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:14 am

Hello,

I would like to register for classes. I am not exactly certain yet for which level I will best fit in. I just started classical guitar, but had 6 years of private lessons about 30 years ago and have continued playing electric and steel string. I have limited experience finger picking so I am leaning toward lower levels to start.

I have satisfied the conditions for participation:
1. I'm registered on the forum with my real forename and surname.
2. I have publicized course information at my local music store and told several friends.
3. I will post the recordings required for at least 7 out of the 10 lessons of the course.
4. I will listen to the recordings posted by the other students and provide feedback.

Thanks!

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:15 am

allenlucas wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:15 pm
Hello,

I just want to ask how can I enrol to the DO1 online guitar lesson?
Could you say how you will advertise the course
Thanks

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:20 am

Andy Weisbrodt wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:14 am
Hello,

I would like to register for classes. I am not exactly certain yet for which level I will best fit in. I just started classical guitar, but had 6 years of private lessons about 30 years ago and have continued playing electric and steel string. I have limited experience finger picking so I am leaning toward lower levels to start.

2. I have publicized course information at my local music store and told several friends.
3. I will post the recordings required for at least 7 out of the 10 lessons of the course.
4. I will listen to the recordings posted by the other students and provide feedback.

Thanks!
I’ll register you for the course, but you will probably want to start in the new September session as we are already at lesson 7 out of 10.
If you start at D01 you might be able to catch up. I would recommend starting there anyway unless you are very confident in sight reading and damping.

allenlucas

Post by allenlucas » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:32 pm

Colin Bullock wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:20 am
Andy Weisbrodt wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:14 am
Hello,

Thanks!
I’ll register you for the course, but you will probably want to start in the new September session as we are already at lesson 7 out of 10.
If you start at D01 you might be able to catch up. I would recommend starting there anyway unless you are very confident in sight reading and damping.
Thank you for the help, I would like to start at D01 at least I can start slowly and will not rush myself, since it's been too long since I practice my classical guitar seriously. I will try to catch up for the lesson.

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”