Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
UtkuDemir
Student of the online lessons

Re: Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by UtkuDemir » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:58 pm

Thanks for the informations. This September, I want to participate in the lessons. My username is also my firstname + lastname. I have just started to classical guitar, so I would like to start with D01.

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:09 am

UtkuDemir wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:58 pm
Thanks for the informations. This September, I want to participate in the lessons. My username is also my firstname + lastname. I have just started to classical guitar, so I would like to start with D01.
If you post a registration request here in September agreeing to the terms and conditions and stating where you are advertising the course, we will register you as a student.

UtkuDemir

Post by UtkuDemir » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:16 pm

Thank you Colin Bullock for information. You said "If you post a registration request here in September agreeing to the terms and conditions and stating where you are advertising the course, we will register you as a student". However, if the lessons will start at 1-7 September, don't I post it at the end of the August?

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:59 pm

UtkuDemir wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:16 pm
Thank you Colin Bullock for information. You said "If you post a registration request here in September agreeing to the terms and conditions and stating where you are advertising the course, we will register you as a student". However, if the lessons will start at 1-7 September, don't I post it at the end of the August?
Sometime in August, when he has time, Prof Delcamp will clear the existing student list in preparation for the new lessons. If we register you before that your registration will disappear.
You only need to be registered to be able to post a video in the lessons, so there is time for you to be registered at the beginning of September. We will try to announce when we are taking on registrations so keep an eye out near the end of August.

Michael Jaffe

Post by Michael Jaffe » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:56 pm

I am hoping to begin study in D01 in September. As a new player, what do you suggest I do to prepare for the class? I have been only playing a couple of weeks and have been working on RH and LH techniques, scales, and arpeggios. I've downloaded the D01 syllabus and played a few of the early lessons, any other suggestions?

Rick Beauregard
Student tutor

Post by Rick Beauregard » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:34 pm

Hi Michael

It’s tough over summer to wait for the lessons to start in September. Once they do you can work at your own pace. So working ahead is fine as long as you submit your videos of pieces and exercises along with your mates beginning in September, and view their vids and provide feedback and encouragement. So starting now at the beginning is good preparation.

There are also a lot of great videos on YouTube on beginning lessons. Watch some videos on correct posture, tone generation, left and right hand position, fingerboard and sight reading, some nice sites are
https://www.classicalguitarcorner.com/
https://www.classicalguitarshed.com/
https://www.thisisclassicalguitar.com/

They each have some free content for beginners and subscription programs if you go beyond that.

Have a great summer and see you in D01.
All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

Wesley Vosper

Post by Wesley Vosper » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:32 am

I've noticed in the faq it's mentioned that nails are expected. I'd like to oblige, but due to my judo training nails are a serious health and safety hazard, so I have to chop them off completely. Would I still be allowed to partake in the lessons? I understand if this creates too many problems working out tone deficiencies and whatnot.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:37 am

I don't think nails are mentioned in the FAQs themselves, but you're perhaps referring to the "Beginners start here" guide, where there is the comment "Well shaped and smoothed nails are important for good tone" followed by some tips on achieving this. The important thing there is that if you do have nails, they should be properly shaped and smooth, or they will produce bad and scratchy tone. However, some people, from necessity or preference, do play without nails and, while it gives a different sound, there shouldn't be a problem with your doing that in the lessons.
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Rick Beauregard
Student tutor

Post by Rick Beauregard » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:38 pm

No nails are fine Wesley. Look up Rob MacKillop’s posts on the fine art of nail-less playing and visit his web site.

Having said that, if your sport allows, you can trim your nails short, no further than the end of the finger and still get the nail/flesh combo effect and tone.
Last edited by Rick Beauregard on Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

Mark Jury

Post by Mark Jury » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:49 pm

I would like to participate in the lessons as soon as the new cycle begins. I've now had my username changed, and I will post the flyer at my local shop where classical guitars are sold. I will also agree to post video and participate in the discussions.

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:19 am

Mark Jury wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:49 pm
I would like to participate in the lessons as soon as the new cycle begins. I've now had my username changed, and I will post the flyer at my local shop where classical guitars are sold. I will also agree to post video and participate in the discussions.
Registration will start end August early September after the current student list has been cleared and the old lessons locked.

Mark Jury

Post by Mark Jury » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:41 pm

Colin Bullock wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:19 am
Mark Jury wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:49 pm
Registration will start end August early September after the current student list has been cleared and the old lessons locked.
Thank you Colin, I will keep an eye out.

Eric Saathoff

Post by Eric Saathoff » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:09 pm

Where should we look for the announcement to begin registration? Here? or should we just post here on September 1st if we are waiting?

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:52 am

Eric Saathoff wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:09 pm
Where should we look for the announcement to begin registration? Here? or should we just post here on September 1st if we are waiting?
Here is where we will announce start of new registrations.

UtkuDemir

Post by UtkuDemir » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:14 pm

Hello everyone!

Mr. Delcamp said:

"If you wish to take the end-of-year exam, you will need to register on the Spanish forum:
http://www.guitarraclasicadelcamp.com/ starting from the date when the required piece is announced.
When a student has obtained his diploma at a particular level, he cannot resit the exam at the same level."

If I will register the Spanish forum today, then will I also create another account since he said "starting from the date when the required piece is announced"?

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”