Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Alexey Korobko
Amateur luthier

Re: Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by Alexey Korobko » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:10 pm

Hi. I have a question.

I has been taking lessons for more than a year. One hour with a teacher every week and 1 hours daily practice on my own (I have non-music related work for the most of the day). I play pieces like Lagrima and some Villa Lobos preludes (1 and 4) - none of them are perfect yet, but trying hard.

I would love to sign up for this online program as well. But 1st level seems easy to me. I did not find any requirements (point me if I have overlooked it) regarding the need to start with first level. Is it possible to sign up starting with 2nd level?

Depending on answer, please register me for the upcoming course - 2nd if possible or 1st otherwise. This is my real name and I have put the poster at work's kitchen (not sure if I can take a picture of that though).

Thank you!

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:06 pm

Hi Aleksey,

Sorry for the delayed response. As this year's lessons are almost finished, the lesson moderators don't necessarily check this topic every day.

Mr. Delcamp's intention is that these lessons are solely for students who do not have their own teacher. He feels it is confusing to follow two teachers at once. Consequently I'm afraid you will not be able to sign up here while you are still taking lessons privately. Sorry about that. You are welcome to look through the lessons as an observer, of course.
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Alexey Korobko
Amateur luthier

Post by Alexey Korobko » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:15 pm

GeoffB wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:06 pm
Hi Aleksey,

Sorry for the delayed response. As this year's lessons are almost finished, the lesson moderators don't necessarily check this topic every day.

Mr. Delcamp's intention is that these lessons are solely for students who do not have their own teacher. He feels it is confusing to follow two teachers at once. Consequently I'm afraid you will not be able to sign up here while you are still taking lessons privately. Sorry about that. You are welcome to look through the lessons as an observer, of course.
Thanks for responding. My teacher is not planing to stay here (in California) and will move back to Texas. So, I may not have a teacher next year. Does it qualify me?

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:21 pm

Yes, certainly. When you stop having lessons with him, you are welcome to join the lessons here. Just apply to join when the time comes, bearing in mind that the lessons here begin each September, though new students can join several months later and catch up. You can take whichever level you wish, as long as you start at the first lesson of that level. You can find most of what you need to know about the lessons in the FAQs here.
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Mike Cook
Student of the online lessons

Post by Mike Cook » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:00 am

Welcome William! I am also a newly registered member. Can't wait to begin lessons in September.
2019 Elias Bonet Monne Traditional Cedar/Green Ebony
2017 Cordoba 20th Anniversary Guitar
1993 Jose Ramirez R2
2008 Fender Strat, Eric Johnson Signature Model
1966 Gibson Melodymaker
2013 Gibson Songwriter Deluxe EC Studio

James A. Showalter

Post by James A. Showalter » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:30 pm

I has been taking lessons for more than a year. One hour with a teacher every week and 1 hours daily practice on my own
Alexey,
I can comment on the prospect of beginning these lessons from their respective beginning point or moving to the more advanced 2nd lesson.

I have been practicing guitar for 6 years mostly from the perspective of steel string flat-picking with some finger picking using chords. I also learned a good bit of music theory with playing of scales but was not at all conversant at reading music. The Delcamp lessons begin at an early enough level that you can begin as a novice and learn not just to play the assigned pieces but also the fundamentals of classical guitar technique. This means learning how to maintain proper posture, hand position and of course how to excite notes as well as rests and the more demanding damping technique for string motion. If your experience is limited to one year of classical guitar study you will have come a long way. You may be a candidate for beginning at the 2nd lesson but you will certainly learn from beginning at the 1st lesson. I also believe that a lot of the people in this lesson series reapply their focus on earlier lessons and may be taking more than one lesson series at a time.

At any rate, good luck on your classical guitar pursuits.
James
1972 Morris No. 12
1973 Ryoji Matsuoka, No. 20
1979 Yamaha C300
2014 Sakurai Kohno Pro-J
Martin Guitars (MC28, D12-28, J40)
National Resonator Guitar
Les Paul 1960 reissue

NghtLght

Post by NghtLght » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:12 am

Hello,

Coming to this post at this phase would it be worth it to start with this years (17/18) lessons formally or would it be better to wait for September and take a look at some of the lessons until then, to get a better grasp of how they work?

Best regards,

Hugo

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:03 am

NghtLght wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:12 am
Hello,

Coming to this post at this phase would it be worth it to start with this years (17/18) lessons formally or would it be better to wait for September and take a look at some of the lessons until then, to get a better grasp of how they work?

Best regards,

Hugo
Hi Hugo
At this stage, after the exams, there is much less activity with many members off for the summer break. You will get more feedback when the new lessons start in Sept.
However, there is no reason why you shouldn’t go through the process of registering for the student group and looking at this year’s lessons, even post one or 2 videos.

John Forgan

Post by John Forgan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:26 am

Hi,

Please register me for the Student Group. I have satisfied the conditions for participation:

1. I'm registered on the forum with my real forename and surname.
2. I have publicized the course sessions on my Facebook page.
3. I will post the recordings required for at least 7 out of the 10 lessons of the course.
4. I will listen to the recordings posted by the other students at the same level and comment on their work. This involves posting at least one message per week containing encouragement, constructive criticisms, or advice.

Many thanks

John

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:22 pm

John Forgan wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:26 am
Hi,

Please register me for the Student Group. I have satisfied the conditions for participation:

1. I'm registered on the forum with my real forename and surname.
2. I have publicized the course sessions on my Facebook page.
3. I will post the recordings required for at least 7 out of the 10 lessons of the course.
4. I will listen to the recordings posted by the other students at the same level and comment on their work. This involves posting at least one message per week containing encouragement, constructive criticisms, or advice.

Many thanks

John
You are now registered as a student. Enjoy!

Judy Verbeeten

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:40 pm

Seeing that students are starting to request registration for participation in the lessons starting Fall 2018, I would like to request that I be registered for lessons in the D01 course for the 2018-2019 session (before the registration rush at the end of August).

I have satisfied the prerequisites for lesson participation.

(1) I am registered on the board with my real forename and surname.

(2) While I have a limited online presence, I have discussed the availability of the online guitar lessons and courses, and the excellent breadth and depth of the knowledge base offered on this website, at my senior group get-togethers and amongst like-minded friends and relatives, providing website links to all those expressing interest. I also printed up the excellent pdf poster that advertises the free classical guitar lessons provided by the Delcamp forum and posted it on our community bulletin board.

(3) I will post recordings required for at least 7 out of the 10 lessons of the D01 course.

(4) I will listen to the recordings posted by fellow D01 students and comment on their work, providing at least one message per week whereby encouragement, constructive criticisms and/or advice are offered.

Thank you.

Regards, Judy Verbeeten

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:01 am

Judy Verbeeten wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:40 pm
Seeing that students are starting to request registration for participation in the lessons starting Fall 2018, I would like to request that I be registered for lessons in the D01 course for the 2018-2019 session (before the registration rush at the end of August).

Thank you.

Regards, Judy Verbeeten
You are now registered as a student.
Enjoy the lessons

Judy Verbeeten

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:35 pm

Thank you Colin, looking forward to starting in the Fall.

May I ask one last question - In the following years, when I hopefully advance from D01 to D02 etc., do I reapply each year for lessons at a higher level, or is this a one-time application to be registered as a student and that's it?

Thank you again. Judy.

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:54 am

Judy Verbeeten wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:35 pm
.......do I reapply each year for lessons at a higher level, or is this a one-time application to be registered as a student and that's it?

Thank you again. Judy.
If you keep up regular postings your membership of student group will carry over from one year to next.

Judy Verbeeten

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:05 pm

Thanks Colin. No more questions ........ for now.

Regards, Judy.

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”