D04 Classical guitar lesson 04

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Goran Penic

Re: D04 Classical guitar lesson 04

Post by Goran Penic » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:03 pm

:bravo: Giuseppe, very good. :casque:
Guitar: Mirko Hotko 1989
Strings: D'Addario EJ46TT Pro Arte Dynacore Hard Tension
Recorder: Olympus LS-20M

Giuseppe Gasparini
Student of the online lessons

Post by Giuseppe Gasparini » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:39 pm

Thanks Goran, always kind :bye: :merci: :merci:

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:17 pm

The place Ghiribizzo N°24, because it makes me sweat
You and me both! I think it's the hardest piece in the lesson.
Jeremy

Guitarras: 1973 Manouk Papazian (Spruce/Morado), two I have built, and an old Telesforo Julve parlor size

Jack Jarrett

Post by Jack Jarrett » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:43 am

Beautiful Giuseppi! Man you make it look easy! :bravo:
I could have painted my whole house with the amount of time I've spent on that piece!

Elías López Cruz

Post by Elías López Cruz » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:53 am

Hello everybody! :) Here is my first try :chaud: at Novelette No. 3[media]https://youtu.be/81Ma2-vMFhA[/media]

Happy New Year :casque: :bye:
Guitars: "La Valenciana" model 113 (1976), "Tres Pinos" SCG-E112 (2007), "Sergio Mercado" Ramírez replica 2011, Arturo Hernández Hauser replica (2014), Karina Mendoza Fleta replica (2016).

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:25 pm

Giuseppe, beautifully and perfectly played on the Paganini - flawless damping on the bass notes, keeping a very even counterpoint to the melody!
Jeremy

Guitarras: 1973 Manouk Papazian (Spruce/Morado), two I have built, and an old Telesforo Julve parlor size

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:31 pm

Elias, you play the Novelette very well technically, all the right notes and clear, beautiful tone! I suggest slowing it down a little and focus on making the rhythm more even: you should be able to feel an even "1 - 2 - 3" beat, even though the piece shouldn't be played totally strictly like a march. Let the melody notes have their full value and enjoy their beautiful sound, no need to quickly play the next note. The slur or "hammered" eighth note on the 3rd beat at the beginning of the song should be even, both eighth notes have the same length.
Jeremy

Elías López Cruz

Post by Elías López Cruz » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:41 pm

Hi Jack! :D At minute 1:01 of your Novelette I noted that the beat before the last should be harmonic in 7th fret 6th string :desole: .

Hello Jeremy! 8) I greatly appreciate your comments, sometimes the pressure of time obliges one to record the lesson even if it is not quite correct :( . I promise to be more careful to upload better recordings.

Happy New Year to all! :casque: :bye:
Guitars: "La Valenciana" model 113 (1976), "Tres Pinos" SCG-E112 (2007), "Sergio Mercado" Ramírez replica 2011, Arturo Hernández Hauser replica (2014), Karina Mendoza Fleta replica (2016).

Giuseppe Gasparini
Student of the online lessons

Post by Giuseppe Gasparini » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:09 am

Bravo Elias, I agree with evaluations of Jeremy. :bravo: :bravo: Thanks Jack and Jeremy, for the encouragement :merci: :merci: :bye:

abielikesu

Post by abielikesu » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:06 am

Hi All,

Just a quick note to say that I'm not longer following the online lessons. Sadly, I don't have enough guitar time available to keep up with the lessons.
- Abie.
- Abie
(ES)(EN) No hay cosas imposibles, sino hombres incapaces ...
------------------------
Guitarras: 2010 Alberto Paredes (Pino suizo), Antonio Carvalho 4C (Cedro)

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:03 pm

Elias, I hope you didn't take my comment as a criticism - for one thing, I'm all in favor of "keeping it real", i.e. uploading it the way it sounds when you play it. I wouldn't want anyone to hesitate posting something that they have worked on for a while just because they don't think it's perfect. The whole point of these lessons is to give each other feedback and encouragement. I was just trying to suggest a strategy as you continue to work on the piece - and really it sounded quite good. We always have room for improvement.
Last edited by Jeremy Hickerson on Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:05 pm

Did anyone else take a look at the 120 Giuliani Arpeggio studies? I played through the first 10 or so, and thought they were very helpful. By my calculations, if you worked on 5 a month you would finish the 120 in 2 years, as M. Delcamp suggests.
Jeremy

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:08 pm

Abie, sorry to have you leave, hope you can come back some time soon!
Jeremy

Jack Jarrett

Post by Jack Jarrett » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:25 pm

Jeremy, I've done the 120 studies off and on for the last couple years, as it was suggested as good beginner studies along with Diatonic minor and major scales by Segovia.I pulled Gulliani arpeggios out again and have started doing them again.Some are definitely easier than others. I do find my left hand fingers get sore playing the C and Dmin chords for so long, and I have had it suggested by others to just do the patterns without using chords, though this becomes very monotonous and boring.
When doing them, I try to work on different things, sometimes really concentrating on finger placement when strinking the strings, good tone, varied tone voices, speed, hand and finger position, etc. These are really good when you set goals, I think.
By the way, Tarrega has some nice arpeggio studies as well, which some may wish to look into.

Jack

Greg Johnson

Post by Greg Johnson » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:36 am

"Just a quick note to say that I'm not longer following the online lessons. Sadly, I don't have enough guitar time available to keep up with the lessons."

Abie, Sorry you're not continuing. I'm struggling as well. I'm trying to maintain my repertoire, learn a couple of harder pieces, and do these lessons, which are not coming as quickly as the songs in lesson 3 were. I may get this lesson worked out yet, or maybe not in which case I may revisit them next time around. I also may try getting an instructor again. As much as these lessons are helping me, they are not addressing my largest issue right now, which is to become more comfortable (and competent) while performing for others. Good luck!

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”