D05 Classical guitar lesson 10

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Marko Räsänen

Re: D05 Classical guitar lesson 10

Post by Marko Räsänen » Sun May 04, 2014 6:23 pm

Here are my recordings for the mandatory pieces. Anyone else struggling to make a satisfactory end of year exam recording? :D This year I decided to start making exam recordings early with the hope of getting used to the red recording light, and of course improving based on what I'm hearing on the recordings.

Anonyme: Se Io M'accorgo ben d'un altro amante
[media]https://youtu.be/xCBBJrJyOWQ[/media]

Julián Arcas: La Saltarina
[media]https://youtu.be/Fr1aNrPKOSQ[/media]
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

EricKatz

Post by EricKatz » Sun May 04, 2014 10:08 pm

:bravo: Well done, Marko!

Pat Hargan

Post by Pat Hargan » Tue May 06, 2014 10:19 am

:bravo: Good work, Marko! One very small thing, which I point out only in case you are not aware of it, is that you are not giving the A major chord at bar 10 of 'Se io m'accorgo' its full duration as written.

I haven't tried recording the exam piece yet, although I would like to get it done early because of other commitments towards the end of May. However, I have found it quite easy to memorise, which is a big help, especially for the harmonics section.
Raimundo 660E - D'Addario Pro Arté EJ45 Normal Tension

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Tue May 06, 2014 1:22 pm

:merci: Eric and Pat!

You're right Pat. I wasn't aware of the proper duration of that A major chord. I think I've always been playing that bar with only 2/4 duration, and find it very strange that I never noticed! I actually think that I'm playing the whole piece as 2/4 or doubling all the durations and splitting all the bars in the middle (and halving the tempo), except for bar 10, if you can understand what I'm saying?
Thanks for pointing it out!
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Håvard.Bergene
Student of the online lessons

Post by Håvard.Bergene » Sun May 11, 2014 7:14 pm

:bravo: Pat and Marco. I've not had time to even look at lesson 10 at all, except the Se io m'accorgo. I'll look into them after the exam:-) Work is very busy for me this month and most of june, so I barely play anything but the exam piece. I needed a break now, so I finally got to listen to your recordings. :casque:

Good idea to record the exam piece early. Both to spot things to improve and to put of some pressure if you manage to get a good recording...
Alhambra 11P

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”