D02 Classical guitar lesson 09

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

D02 Classical guitar lesson 09

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:44 pm

Hello everyone,
Please start by downloading the latest version of volume D02.
If you are new to the course, please read this message to familiarize yourself with the conditions for participating in the lessons. You should also read the first message in lesson 1, where you will find advice on how to make the most of your study time and on the methods of practising that I recommend.

First we will study some technical exercises from volume D02.
- page 81 Jean-François DELCAMP (1956) LIAISONS - LEGATURE - SLURS – LIGADOS
Ascending slurs are produced by striking (hammering down on) the string with a left hand finger. The faster and more decisive this movement is, the more volume is obtained.
Descending slurs are produced by pulling the string with a left hand finger (and letting it snap off the fingertip). The more parallel this movement is to the plane of the fingerboard (i.e. towards the adjacent string where there is one), the more volume is obtained.

- page 82 numéro 35 Jean-François DELCAMP (1956) ARPÈGES - ARPEGGI - ARPEGGIOS - ARPEGIOS
In these arpeggios, only your fingers move, be sure to keep your right hand in the same position.

Next we'll work on four pieces :
- page 18 Jean-François DELCAMP (1956) QUATRE ACCORDS
Improvise different patterns of arpeggio and different patterns of accompaniment while keeping strictly to the time signature, key and chords indicated.

- page 61 José FERRER Y ESTEVE (1835-1916) EJERCICIO N°6
Play the melody in the bass with as much legato as possible (without breaks between the notes). Damp the notes of the accompaniment, by placing your fingers on the strings, where indicated by the rests. Try out other fingerings if, in bar 7, you find the indicated fingering difficult for playing the C# and the G. I recommend that you experiment first with the various possible fingerings, (fingers 1 and 2) (fingers 1 and 3) (fingers 1 and 4) (fingers 2 and 3) (fingers 2 and 4) (fingers 3 and 4) until you finally settle on the one that allows you to obtain the best result.

- page 63 ANONYME A CANOA VIROU
In order to mark the beat yourself, you need to count the smallest rhythmic values out loud as you play, as indicated on the score: "1 e 2 e 3 e 4 e" ("1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and" in English)

- page 64 Fernando SOR (1778-1839) LEÇON XV opus 60

I ask you first to work on all these exercises and pieces for one week and then to post your recordings on the forum for:
- page 18 Jean-François DELCAMP (1956) QUATRE ACCORDS
- page 61 José FERRER Y ESTEVE (1835-1916) EJERCICIO N°6

Good luck!

I thank Geoff (GeoffB) who has helped in the translation of my lessons into English.

Jean-François

---

Exan qualifying submissions:

QUATRE ACCORDS
EJERCICIO N°6

David Yang
QUATRE ACCORDS
EJERCICIO N°6
:( + ♫ = :)

David Yang
Student of the online lessons

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 09

Post by David Yang » Sat May 23, 2015 12:15 pm

QUATRE ACCORDS
[media]https://youtu.be/yFFQeK2RflE[/media]
EJERCICIO N°6
[media]https://youtu.be/wFf0H4m7fv0[/media]
Music begins where language ends.

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Sun May 24, 2015 10:25 pm

David Yang wrote:QUATRE ACCORDS
EJERCICIO N°6
Excellent David. :casque:

I want to thank you for a very productive D02 and let you, Brian and Archit know how much I appreciated your encouragement and honest feedback. It has helped me improve over D02. I also want to tell you all how impressed I am with your improvements from the beginning until now. I truly hope to see you all in D03 next session. I hope you have a wonderful summer. Again, thanks! Bill

David Yang

Post by David Yang » Tue May 26, 2015 12:03 am

Thank you, Bill. Enjoy the summer and see you in the next session.

Brian Hunker

Post by Brian Hunker » Tue May 26, 2015 7:44 pm

Thanks to you too, Bill. It's amazing how fast everyones skills are now starting to progress. Even just the last few weeks of D02 it seems like we are finally able to work on some pieces that actually sound like music you'd play for somebody to listen to (as opposed to just exercise pieces). Looking forward to hearing where you are at after the summer. Until then, hope you have fun playing!

David, as always, great work on these last two pieces. Your tone is getting really nice and you created a clear and flowing bass melody in the Ejercicio. Really nice. I was wondering, are you working on any other method books or studying any other short pieces outside Delcamp? Do you have any exercises to work on tone that you could recommend?

I have mentioned before that I also play exercises and etudes found in Noad's Solo Guitar 1, Segreras Book 1, and Shearer's Calssical Technique Book 1. I also do a warm-up routine from Scott Tennant's "Pumping Nylon" book. I know that these additional works have greatly helped me and so I wonder if you (or Archit or Bill) would recommend anything other than these. Particularly regarding development of right hand tone and accuracy??

David Yang

Post by David Yang » Sat May 30, 2015 1:16 am

Hi Brian, I'm only working on Delcamp exercises due to limited time on guitar practicing. Before finding this website, I'd learned M. Carcassi's method for the guitar for one year and a half, practicing mainly on scales and some short exercises. I'm going to continue on this book before D03 starts.

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:59 am

I am not sure if anyone is still watching the posts. However, even though the finals are done I still wanted to finish the lessons. Thanks. Bill

QUATRE ACCORDS
[media]https://youtu.be/60vZDkTwtgg[/media]

EJERCICIO N°6
[media]https://youtu.be/xmThMapQRr8[/media]

David Yang

Post by David Yang » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:00 pm

Nice playing, Bill. I like your improvisation very much. I'm working on Lesson 10.

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:44 am

David Yang wrote:Nice playing, Bill. I like your improvisation very much. I'm working on Lesson 10.
Hi David,

Thank you very much. I am just starting lesson 10 so I will post with you. However, It may be a few weeks before I get through the lessons in 10.

I look forward to seeing you there. :casque:

Thank you,
Bill

Kirkland Gavin

Post by Kirkland Gavin » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:57 pm

good stuff, sounding good

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”