D03 Classical guitar lesson 10

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

D03 Classical guitar lesson 10

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Thu May 28, 2015 5:56 am

Hello everyone,
Please start by downloading the latest version of volume D03.
If you are new to the course, please read this message to familiarize yourself with the conditions for participating in the lessons. You should also read the first message in lesson 1, where you will find advice on how to make the most of your study time and on the methods of practising that I recommend.

Now we are going to work on a series of exercises:
- page 101 Jean-François DELCAMP (1956) BARRÉ - BARRÉ - BARRÉ – CEJILLA
To acquire the technique for the barré, it is essential above all not to force it. The ideal is to practise a little, but every day. Practising the barré demands patience. The first results of this practice (improvement in strength) only become noticeable after several weeks or months of daily practice.

To continue your progress during the summer, I suggest several pieces, the most difficult in the collection, which will make use of all the techniques that we have studied during the year.
- pages 28-29 Gaspar SANZ (1640-1710) CLARINES Y TROMPETAS

- page 74-75 Jean-François DELCAMP (1956) TANGO

- page 76-77 Jean-François DELCAMP (1956) MALAGUEÑA FÁCIL

- page 83 Jean-François DELCAMP (1956) NOVELETTE 002

I look forward to hearing you play these exercises and pieces.
- pages 28-29 Gaspar SANZ (1640-1710) CLARINES Y TROMPETAS
- page 76-77 Jean-François DELCAMP (1956) MALAGUEÑA FÁCIL

Good luck!

We have reached the end of this year of studying together. I am intending to resume next year.

My thanks to the students, to Geoff for his splendid translations, and also to Robert Goodwin, Alan (Tarbaby), Rich (oski79) and lagartija who have enabled these courses to run so smoothly.

I wish you all a good summer. See you again soon.

Jean-François
:( + ♫ = :)

Duang Turongratanachai
Student of the online lessons

Re: D03 Classical guitar lesson 10

Post by Duang Turongratanachai » Thu May 28, 2015 9:25 am

Thank you so much Professor Delcamp for your kindness in teaching us all the lessons and also thanks to everyone involved in making these courses running smoothly.
I'm really appreciated. :merci:
Duang

Rick Beauregard

Post by Rick Beauregard » Thu May 28, 2015 5:15 pm

Merci Beaucoup Professor Delcamp. You have added to the tradition of the classic guitar in an historically unprecedented way with your collection of online repertoire, pedagogy, history, and original composition and its reach to students literally around the world. I particularly love your Novelette No 002 from this lesson, and will include it in my permanent repertoire and leave a recording of my interpretation here.
All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

Rick Beauregard

Post by Rick Beauregard » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:18 am

Here is my work in progress for Clarines y Trompetas. Interesting piece, not like the Sanz pieces we've studied so far. I'm not lovin it.

[media]https://youtu.be/7QlFs0yp79k[/media]

Malaguena is still too rough to post. I think I might put up Novelette next. I really like that piece. The Tango is also rough.

Hope to hear some of your stuff from L9 and 10 now that the exam is over. Everyone from our English Forum did such a good job. :bravo:
1980 Dauphin D30
_/) _/)
_/)

Duang Turongratanachai

Post by Duang Turongratanachai » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:36 pm

Wow Rick! You are so quick in learning the piece. :bravo:
Your Clarines y Trompetas is good though a bit slow compared to Professor Delcamp's. But I like it.
I could only start the first eight bars. :)
Duang :bye:

Rick Beauregard

Post by Rick Beauregard » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:07 pm

Again I have to confess to starting this lesson a week or two early, Duang, using the archived lessons from last year. I'll probable just continue doing the same through Level 4 over the summer and post the recordings starting in the fall when the new course begins again.

Here's my interpretation of JF Delcamp's Novelette No. 2. A very pretty piece.

[media]https://youtu.be/nbbLqL55sK8[/media]
1980 Dauphin D30
_/) _/)
_/)

Haris Karachristianidis

Post by Haris Karachristianidis » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:43 pm

Congratulations Rick for learning these pieces so quickly. They are at a very good level, musical with very nice ornamentations!

Duang Turongratanachai

Post by Duang Turongratanachai » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:34 pm

Very nice Rick :bravo:
I have tried Malaguena facil, and found it's very tricky but fun :casque:
Duang

Rick Beauregard

Post by Rick Beauregard » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:20 pm

Thanks Haris. Duang, I'm working on the Malaguena too. Needs more time. I'm to the point where I can almost play it through slowly, but not to tempo or with any feeling yet. I may not get it done before I leave for sea on a 2 week trip to Canada and Alaska, where I will be away from the guitar. Then I can start all over again when I get back. :x

Replaced my strings today with those La Bella rectified low tension trebles. Still getting used to them.
1980 Dauphin D30
_/) _/)
_/)

Haris Karachristianidis

Post by Haris Karachristianidis » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:51 am

Rick Beauregard wrote:Replaced my strings today with those La Bella rectified low tension trebles. Still getting used to them.
Maybe they will be my next strings. I have bought them. Please update your opinion about these strings as you get used to them.

Rick Beauregard

Post by Rick Beauregard » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:18 am

Haris Karachristianidis wrote:
Rick Beauregard wrote:Replaced my strings today with those La Bella rectified low tension trebles. Still getting used to them.
Maybe they will be my next strings. I have bought them. Please update your opinion about these strings as you get used to them.
As far as Rectified goes, they have a little more friction on the right hand, and I like that, more tactile and less slippery feel. They make more noise though, so if this bothers you, you may not like them. I don't mind. It is inconsequential on the left hand compared to the wound strings. As far as the low tension, they feel easier on the hands, easier to do slurs etc. Sound wise, I'll have to wait and see as they break in more. They are definitely brighter than my nylon strings. That is good on the G string, not sure about the B and E. I do like a mellow dark sound, but my Ramirez produces that no matter what strings I use. But after a while my nylon strings just sounded mushy, especially the G string. I used a composite G for a while which I liked. These sound more like the composite strings. We'll see how they mature.
1980 Dauphin D30
_/) _/)
_/)

Haris Karachristianidis

Post by Haris Karachristianidis » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:22 am

Thank you Rick. 2 things annoyed me with Savarez 520R (rectified) strings: I had to play with right hand more perpendicular to the strings to avoid increased nails noise, but what was more disturbing was the increased left hand noise. I liked the sound but these problems especially the 2nd were major for me.

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:15 pm

:bravo: Rick for your job with Novelette 2, you need to go a bit faster in some parts. I love Novelette too but I will be working on Malagena facil first.

Rick Beauregard

Post by Rick Beauregard » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:06 pm

Beatriz Martin wrote::bravo: Rick for your job with Novelette 2, you need to go a bit faster in some parts. I love Novelette too but I will be working on Malagena facil first.
Thanks, and I agree, Bea. Especially near the end where for some reason I became unsure of myself and missed a note or two. I'm having fun with the Malaguena now too, but am still not ready to record it. Maybe before Tuesday when I leave on my trip up the coast to BC. If I return safely from this adventure, maybe I'll re-record the Novelette. Or I may just get lost in Canada.

:bye:
1980 Dauphin D30
_/) _/)
_/)

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:17 pm

Have a nice trip, hope you have fun in BC!

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”