A difficult time

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
lagartija

Re: A difficult time

Post by lagartija » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:25 am

The Moderators are very sorry to hear this. :-(
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

mmapag

Post by mmapag » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:30 pm

Dear friends, it is true. We lost Jenny to cancer on March 26th. Thanks for all the kind wishes and especially to those who lent support over the last few years. She and her band, Roses & Cigarettes were able to complete and release their 2nd album, Echoes and Silence, a month before she left us. I am convinced she held on til that work was complete and it is very good. It recieved critical acclaim from Billboard and Rolling Stone.

I especially love the last track, Whispers in the Wind. She wrote this as a remembrance of her friend Stacy who was also lost to breast cancer 2 years earlier. When I am able to listen to it, I remember them both. Sometimes it is just too hard to listen to.

I returned to Oaxaca yesterday from Cape Cod where our immediate and extended family spent the week in remembrance and celebrations of a too short life that was well lived in the 35 years we had her. I brought back some of her ashes as well as photos and performance venue posters and I will create an Ofrenda for her in the Mexican tradition in our home.

She is gone from this earth but she lives in her music and in our hearts always.
'13 Esteve 7 SM
'75 Takamine 132 S

joachim33

Post by joachim33 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:50 pm

Michael

My sincere condolences to you and your family. As most of us, I am lost for words.

Best wishes
Joachim

astro64

Post by astro64 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:46 pm

Condolences Michael, I appreciate you checking in here, as hard as it must be. Best wishes to you and your family. May you find solace in remembering the good times.

Rene

riffmeister

Post by riffmeister » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:57 pm

Condolences to you and your family, Michael. Jenny's spirit lives on.

MessyTendon
Amateur luthier

Post by MessyTendon » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:54 am

Glad to hear you are healing, and you have the soundtrack to memorialize her. I'm lost for words. You appear to have good friends and support along with an iron constitution for working it all out.

mmapag

Post by mmapag » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:30 pm

MessyTendon wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:54 am
Glad to hear you are healing, and you have the soundtrack to memorialize her. I'm lost for words. You appear to have good friends and support along with an iron constitution for working it all out.
We are blessed with family and friends who have supported us through all of this for the last 4 years and continue to. I don't know how people get through something like this without that kind of support. I don't know about an iron constitution. You just find a way to handle what you have no choice about. Some days, and moments, it is easier and sometimes it feels impossible. One step and one breath at a time...
'13 Esteve 7 SM
'75 Takamine 132 S

edcat7

Post by edcat7 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:20 pm

Dear Michael

So sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you haven't forgotten about yourself: everyone including Jenny would want to to look after yourself too.

Ed
Remember Anthony Weller, please help. Contact myself or Aaron Green for details.

mmapag

Post by mmapag » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:19 pm

Thanks Ed. I'm doing Ok and staying on top of my health. Leaving time to grieve and progressing slowly. Sometimes, when I am off track or wallowing, I can hear her tough love voice saying, "Dad, don't be ridiculous!" Her strength and courage through her whole ordeal gives me strength and courage now when facing her loss.
'13 Esteve 7 SM
'75 Takamine 132 S

marvluse

Post by marvluse » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:08 pm

Michael, I think I know a little bit about what you are going through. Not much for sure, we each handle these tragedies in our own way. I've suffered similar losses, and at times they seemed devastating. And yet, we go on. It is the nature of life, I suppose. I lost my dear wife of 40 years to Alzheimer's in 2015. I was not there when she passed, I was notified by phone. I could not stand, I fell to the floor and wept like a child. But I kept on breathing, I kept on living, and over time the profound grief turned to acceptance. And I have since remarried. Not a day goes by when I do not look up at the sky, and whisper "I love you Judy. I miss you." But now the tears have turned to soft smiles.

Thank you for sharing your journey. It is a tough one, but one we can all learn from, and realize the sometimes capricious nature of life.

John Oster

Post by John Oster » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:11 am

Michael, words ring hollow at a time like this, but I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I've lost two loved ones to that awful disease. For me, music was a solace--either playing or listening to it. As others have said, take care of yourself, too. My deepest condolences to you and your family.
Joshia de Jonge 2016 spruce/African bw
Kolya Panhuyzen 2012 cedar/Br

chiral3

Post by chiral3 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:33 pm

Michael - you may like to know that a young girl in my son's class (5th grade @ W'town, 12yo) was wearing a R&C t-shirt towards the end of the school year.
“Every man should be capable of all ideas, and I believe that in the future he will be.” ― Jorge Luis Borges

mmapag

Post by mmapag » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:00 pm

chiral3 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:33 pm
Michael - you may like to know that a young girl in my son's class (5th grade @ W'town, 12yo) was wearing a R&C t-shirt towards the end of the school year.
Oh my goodness! I am so happy to hear that. Keeping her music alive!! Thank you for this and to others for the kind words. Especially today. The grief and missing her is very strong today.
'13 Esteve 7 SM
'75 Takamine 132 S

Return to “The Café”