What is on your bucket list?

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
andreas777

What is on your bucket list?

Post by andreas777 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:06 am

I will realize two items on my bucket list in April and May. :D

One item is to listen to the Spanish flamenco singer Rocio Marquez and her beautiful voice in a concert and maybe talk to her after the concert. She will give a concert in Germany in May so I can realize this item this year.

Another item is to fully organize at least one guitar concert. I currently plan the first guitar concert in April with the Australian singer-songwriter Paul Fogarty and the Irish flautist Alan Doherty. The name of the concert will be "Herr der Ringe trifft auf Herr der Songs" (Lord of the Rings meets Lord of the Songs). The name refers to Alan who was the flautist for the Lord of the Rings soundtrack. Another classical guitar concert later this year that I started to organize with one of the upcoming stars will be in the castle of Waldenbuch. I will post more details when the date of the concert is fix. And maybe I can also organize a concert with Rocio... :roll:

What is on your bucket list, what have you realized lately, and what is your dream you want to realize soon?
Happiness is when what you think what you say and what you do are in harmony.

Andrew Pohlman

Re: What is on your bucket list?

Post by Andrew Pohlman » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:20 pm

There's a hole in my bucket... :D

Actually, there are many things on my list, most of which I can't afford.

I'd love to hear/see Flamenco in Sevilla. But we will probably tour the US parks on the cheap.

I'd love to return to Andechs Monastery but I'll probably take a just tour of Takara sake factory in Berkeley.

I'd love to put solar on our roof to power an electric self-driving car. Probably use public transportation.

Sharing life's experiences with family and friends is really the overall bucket item on my list.
2013 Rodriguez FF Sabicas blanco
2015 Trevor Gore custom Neoclassical
- redwood top, Palo dorado B+Ss.

andreas777

Post by andreas777 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:36 pm

Andrew Pohlman wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:20 pm
I'd love to hear/see Flamenco in Sevilla.
That's very recommended. Sevilla is a beautiful city, but you should have at least 2 weeks for a trip to Andalucia which includes beside Sevilla at least Cordoba and Granada. If you go off-season and travel by train then it's not so expensive.

andreas777

Post by andreas777 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:17 pm

andreas777 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:06 am
I will realize two items on my bucket list in April and May. :D

One item is to listen to the Spanish flamenco singer Rocio Marquez and her beautiful voice in a concert and maybe talk to her after the concert. She will give a concert in Germany in May so I can realize this item this year.

Another item is to fully organize at least one guitar concert. I currently plan the first guitar concert in April with the Australian singer-songwriter Paul Fogarty and the Irish flautist Alan Doherty. The name of the concert will be "Herr der Ringe trifft auf Herr der Songs" (Lord of the Rings meets Lord of the Songs). The name refers to Alan who was the flautist for the Lord of the Rings soundtrack. Another classical guitar concert later this year that I started to organize with one of the upcoming stars will be in the castle of Waldenbuch. I will post more details when the date of the concert is fix. And maybe I can also organize a concert with Rocio... :roll:

What is on your bucket list, what have you realized lately, and what is your dream you want to realize soon?
✓ Meet Rocío Márquez (and hug her)
✓ Organize and operate a concert

edcat7

Post by edcat7 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:28 pm

I've done everything that I've always wanted to do: skydiving, gaining my private pilot's licence and become a dim sum chef.

Musically, before I shuffle off this mortal coil I'd love to be able to play: Cavatina; A. Franzi's arrangement of the Girl from Ipanema and now James Edward's arrangement of Clair de Lune.
Remember Anthony Weller, please help. Contact myself or Aaron Green for details.

bacsidoan

Post by bacsidoan » Fri May 18, 2018 1:45 pm

1. Run 50 marathons in 50 US states
2. Run at least 100 marathons
3. Run 7 marathons on 7 continents
4. Build a Honda CRX with turbocharged K20A type R motor
5. Build my own classical guitar

Done with #1 and #2
#3 will be next
#4 & #5 will have to wait till retirement.

Andrew Pohlman

Post by Andrew Pohlman » Fri May 18, 2018 8:47 pm

I've always wanted:
bucket01.jpg
And next I will acquire:
bucket02.jpg
And lastly, the holy grail of buckets:
bucket03.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2013 Rodriguez FF Sabicas blanco
2015 Trevor Gore custom Neoclassical
- redwood top, Palo dorado B+Ss.

edcat7

Post by edcat7 » Fri May 18, 2018 10:37 pm

Andrew Pohlman wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:47 pm
I've always wanted:
bucket01.jpg

And next I will acquire:
bucket02.jpg

And lastly, the holy grail of buckets:
bucket03.jpg
That's Funny.
Remember Anthony Weller, please help. Contact myself or Aaron Green for details.

Randy Johnson

Post by Randy Johnson » Sat May 19, 2018 12:18 am

I can honestly say nothing. It not that I have everything or have done everything it's just that as long as I have a good life and family I'm good.

RichardUno

Post by RichardUno » Sat May 19, 2018 1:49 am

Don't forget this one:

The old oaken bucket.

andreas777

Post by andreas777 » Sat May 19, 2018 6:58 pm

bacsidoan wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 1:45 pm

Done with #1 and #2
#3 will be next
I can't imagine a marathon in the Antarctica. Is this the one that is missing to accomplish #3?
To run (at least) one marathon was on my bucket list some years ago. Unfortunately I became injured 3 days before. :(

bacsidoan

Post by bacsidoan » Sat May 19, 2018 7:45 pm

andreas777 wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 6:58 pm
bacsidoan wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 1:45 pm

Done with #1 and #2
#3 will be next
I can't imagine a marathon in the Antarctica. Is this the one that is missing to accomplish #3?
To run (at least) one marathon was on my bucket list some years ago. Unfortunately I became injured 3 days before. :(
First of all, the marathon in Antarctica is very costly, at least $15,000 USD from the US and about €15,000 from Europe. Surprisingly, it is extremely popular despite the high cost such that one has to register one year in advance. My real problem is the Raynaud's disease where the arterial blood supply to the fingers and the toes becomes severely diminished when they are exposed to cold temperature. The hands may be warmed with chemical paks, but I do not know how to deal with the toes while running for 5 to 6 hours yet.

Rasputin

Post by Rasputin » Tue May 22, 2018 3:26 am

bacsidoan wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 7:45 pm
My real problem is the Raynaud's disease where the arterial blood supply to the fingers and the toes becomes severely diminished when they are exposed to cold temperature. The hands may be warmed with chemical paks, but I do not know how to deal with the toes while running for 5 to 6 hours yet.
Have you looked into the electrically heated socks / insoles? They're not really designed for running but they might work.

bacsidoan

Post by bacsidoan » Tue May 22, 2018 1:31 pm

Rasputin wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:26 am
bacsidoan wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 7:45 pm
My real problem is the Raynaud's disease where the arterial blood supply to the fingers and the toes becomes severely diminished when they are exposed to cold temperature. The hands may be warmed with chemical paks, but I do not know how to deal with the toes while running for 5 to 6 hours yet.
Have you looked into the electrically heated socks / insoles? They're not really designed for running but they might work.
Thanks for the tip. I'll look into that. I'm a little particular about running shoes and socks for obvious reasons.

BugDog

Post by BugDog » Mon May 28, 2018 7:37 pm

I don't have a bucket list. It's just too much like a To Do list with the inherent commitment. I retired to get away from that. If there's something I really want to do, I do it. If not, I don't.
BugDog
There's one in every crowd.

Return to “The Café”