What is on your bucket list?

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
David Gutowski

Re: What is on your bucket list?

Post by David Gutowski » Thu May 31, 2018 5:50 am

andreas777 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:06 am
What is on your bucket list, what have you realized lately, and what is your dream you want to realize soon?
Not to" kick the bucket" would be nice. To stay healthy and have lots of energy and vitality. To see the grand kids do well and write a great cg piece. To see my wife get better and go dancing with her. To feel great love without being hurt and to acquire another fine painting from Goodwill thrift store or maybe an old antique cg worth thousands and only pay a hundred bucks...not asking for much!

Regards,
David :titanic:
3 hard things for humans: dentist visit, public speaking, offering forgiveness.

Muse: chg pitch measure rhym feel tempo improvise melody harmonize arpeggios stucco your legato & practice

Carrillo Concert
Yulong Chamber '17
Bozo 123

Caio Carnauba

Post by Caio Carnauba » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:07 am

I still want to be able to do a full handstand and move around with my hands

David Gutowski

Post by David Gutowski » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:38 am

Caio Carnauba wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:07 am
I still want to be able to do a full handstand and move around with my hands
:shock:

Muse: chg pitch measure rhym feel tempo improvise melody harmonize arpeggios stucco your legato & practice

Carrillo Concert
Yulong Chamber '17
Bozo 123

Smudger5150

Post by Smudger5150 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:23 am

bacsidoan wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 7:45 pm

First of all, the marathon in Antarctica is very costly, at least $15,000 USD from the US and about €15,000 from Europe. Surprisingly, it is extremely popular despite the high cost such that one has to register one year in advance. My real problem is the Raynaud's disease where the arterial blood supply to the fingers and the toes becomes severely diminished when they are exposed to cold temperature. The hands may be warmed with chemical paks, but I do not know how to deal with the toes while running for 5 to 6 hours yet.
Sorry to hear about Raynaud's. Just wondered if you had any problems with guitar playing. There was a lady at work (now left) who had the disease and she was showing us how the fingers looked i.e. very pale due to the lack of blood flow and this was just in an office with reasonable temperature.
"Music washes away the dust of every day life." Art Blakey

"If I don’t practice for a day, I know it. If I don’t practice for two days, the critics know it. And if I don’t practice for three days, the public knows it." Louis Armstrong

Smudger5150

Post by Smudger5150 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:24 am

edcat7 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 10:37 pm
Andrew Pohlman wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:47 pm
I've always wanted:
bucket01.jpg

And next I will acquire:
bucket02.jpg

And lastly, the holy grail of buckets:
bucket03.jpg
That's Funny.
:lol: Agreed
"Music washes away the dust of every day life." Art Blakey

"If I don’t practice for a day, I know it. If I don’t practice for two days, the critics know it. And if I don’t practice for three days, the public knows it." Louis Armstrong

bacsidoan

Post by bacsidoan » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:44 pm

Smudger5150 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:23 am
bacsidoan wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 7:45 pm

First of all, the marathon in Antarctica is very costly, at least $15,000 USD from the US and about €15,000 from Europe. Surprisingly, it is extremely popular despite the high cost such that one has to register one year in advance. My real problem is the Raynaud's disease where the arterial blood supply to the fingers and the toes becomes severely diminished when they are exposed to cold temperature. The hands may be warmed with chemical paks, but I do not know how to deal with the toes while running for 5 to 6 hours yet.
Sorry to hear about Raynaud's. Just wondered if you had any problems with guitar playing. There was a lady at work (now left) who had the disease and she was showing us how the fingers looked i.e. very pale due to the lack of blood flow and this was just in an office with reasonable temperature.
Thankfully the problem only manifests when the ambient temperature is below 55°F :)

Leonie Kaye

Post by Leonie Kaye » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:39 am

I would love to walk at least part of the northern camino in Spain....but i'm 77 and wonder if i am reaching too far😨

andreas777

Post by andreas777 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:51 pm

There are still some big items on my bucket list that I haven't accomplished yet. I have organized and operated some small and mid-size concerts but I want to do a large flamenco concert with Rocío Márquez in Germany (in a beautiful castle). Another item is to visit Machu Picchu that I plan to see later this year (October). A more difficult item is to do an art exhibition with my own art works. I did some art studies some years ago but stopped it due to other projects. Now I want to bring this project back to life. The consequence will be that I have to limit my guitar playing and stop my internet activities, including posting in this forum after post #777.
What is on your bucket list?
Happiness is when what you think what you say and what you do are in harmony.

Ceciltguitar

Post by Ceciltguitar » Wed May 01, 2019 12:46 am

To play Sueno en la Floresta, by Barrios.

andreas777

Post by andreas777 » Wed May 01, 2019 10:07 am

Ceciltguitar wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 12:46 am
To play Sueno en la Floresta, by Barrios.
I play many pieces by Barrios but this one is on my wish list too :-)

andreas777

Post by andreas777 » Thu May 02, 2019 4:55 pm

I want to use this thread to say good-bye. This is my post #777 and my final post...at least for a long time. In the near future I will focus on some other things on my bucket list or other topics or projects I want to realize. I will be back in the future and maybe I have luck and the mods have not deleted my account yet...

simonm

Post by simonm » Thu May 02, 2019 6:06 pm

andreas777 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:55 pm
I want to use this thread to say good-bye. This is my post #777 and my final post...at least for a long time. In the near future I will focus on some other things on my bucket list or other topics or projects I want to realize. I will be back in the future and maybe I have luck and the mods have not deleted my account yet...
In terms of posts with 777 posts you have over 64 years worth of "credit" on the one post a month rule. So long as you log on once a year, your account should stay open. Of course rules may change but that is the current state. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=90501

Good luck with the b-list.

David Gutowski

Post by David Gutowski » Sat May 04, 2019 8:04 am

andreas777 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:55 pm
I want to use this thread to say good-bye.
Why?

There are so many things of interest on the forum that enrich our lives, motivate and educate us to continue playing cg, visit with people from other countries and cultures, entertain us, interact with ideas and provides an opportunity to exercise the brain cells (intellectualize) and on and on...surely, you are not basing your decision on a number. That's like saying when I'm at this age in life I'll be saying goodbye...a number none of us really knows. And statistically speaking, seven is the number most people gamble with and just happens to be the biggest losing number there is...but people still think it's a lucky number.

Have you surfed all the different threads and sub forums? I won't call you surely again, but the forum has much to offer and people have produced and maintained a great platform, with a cost and effort involved. Even if you don't post, the forum is a great resource and I think you'll miss it.

Just my opinion.

Twonote
guitralchemist
David

"History never repeats itself, but it often rhymes." MTwain

Carrillo Concert
Yulong Chamber '17
Bozo 123

bear

Post by bear » Sat May 04, 2019 11:44 am

I'd like to think of something to put on a bucket list but I'm not sure that I care enough to make the effort. I was trying to become more apathetic but I lost interest.
2019 Gretsch G9126 432mm
2013 Jeff Medlin '37 Hauser 640mm sp
2006 Michele Della Giustina Concert 10 string 650mm ce
2005 Jose Ramirez 4E 650mm ce
2005 Manuel Rodriguez Model C3F 650mm sp
2003 Manuel Rodriguez Model D 650mm ce

razz

Post by razz » Mon May 06, 2019 1:00 am

Plenty of stuff on my bucket list.

Recently added is sing back up for Vienna Teng on stage. She typically gets audience volunteers to participate on "Soon Love Soon". I'm practicing.

Return to “The Café”