Like a Motherless Child - Break from the CG

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
RJVB

Re: Like a Motherless Child - Break from the CG

Post by RJVB » Sun May 19, 2019 10:52 am

Well, far be it from me to claim that every musician who appears to be "showing off" does so deliberately ;)

Your analogy isn't too bad; I still admire certain TV (news) presenters we had in the Netherlands who'd present anything on the queue thingy without faltering and almost without moving a face muscle (but still be perfectly legible). And that was long before I heard of sprezzatura :)
Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator converted to non-metal strings (China, 2018?)
Bolink baroque violin (Hilversum, 1982)
Formerly: Brian Cohen baroque violin (London, 1985), Nadegini modern violin (Paris, 1924)

segobreawill

Post by segobreawill » Sun May 19, 2019 11:09 am

rojarosguitar wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 12:41 pm
The 6 string cello (indeed) is played by Muneer B Fennell, one of the first jazz cellists ever and the one who pushed the frontiers most IMHO.

If you look him up in the internet you will find that he has played with so many great musicians. He has a full classical cello education (he was in the same competition in which Yoyoma won the first prize) but changed over to Jazz very early and very consequently. I have the great honor, luck and pleasure to be able to work with him since many many years (you will find early traces of our collaboration are 8 years old, but by that time we already had worked together several years...)
Impressive and very good indeed! He rubbed shoulders with Yoyo Ma - wow! Thanks for sharing Robert :)
I got my hands full with just the CG. I cannot for the life of me figure out how you can manage all those instruments haha.

StGeorge

Post by StGeorge » Sun May 19, 2019 11:15 am

Great work Robert. The free form jazz is awesome. 8)
StGeorge, Slayer of Dragons.

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Sun May 19, 2019 1:27 pm

segobreawill wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 11:09 am

Impressive and very good indeed! He rubbed shoulders with Yoyo Ma - wow! Thanks for sharing Robert :)
I got my hands full with just the CG. I cannot for the life of me figure out how you can manage all those instruments haha.
Thanks everybody for your interest. It seems like some people like to go into one thing very deep and other people maybe don't go that deep but have more broader inclinations. For me it's not even a conscious choice, it just so happens that I like all these sounds and kind of spiral through all these instruments. I would never pretend to be a master of any of them, but still I can derive a lot of pleasure from doing all that :D
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

My Youtube Channel is: TheMusicalEvents

RJVB

Post by RJVB » Sun May 19, 2019 2:50 pm

rojarosguitar wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 1:27 pm
I would never pretend to be a master of any of them
Very few real masters would ;)
Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator converted to non-metal strings (China, 2018?)
Bolink baroque violin (Hilversum, 1982)
Formerly: Brian Cohen baroque violin (London, 1985), Nadegini modern violin (Paris, 1924)

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Sun May 19, 2019 7:12 pm

I didn't intend to use this twist :wink:
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

segobreawill

Post by segobreawill » Mon May 20, 2019 11:30 am

rojarosguitar wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 1:27 pm
segobreawill wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 11:09 am

I would never pretend to be a master of any of them, but still I can derive a lot of pleasure from doing all that :D
And as Bream would say, "... Now there's nothing wrong with pleasure, is there?" 8)

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Mon May 20, 2019 12:00 pm

segobreawill wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 11:30 am

And as Bream would say, "... Now there's nothing wrong with pleasure, is there?" 8)
Bream certainly had some, didn't he? :D

segobreawill

Post by segobreawill » Mon May 20, 2019 12:03 pm

haha Indeed - what a life!

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Mon May 20, 2019 1:18 pm

Master or not, that was seriously enjoyable to listen to Robert. And very well recorded too I might add. Thanks for sharing this.

-Paul

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Mon May 20, 2019 9:29 pm

Thanks!

Return to “The Café”