$8 a day for going to the moon

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
Tom Poore

Re: $8 a day for going to the moon

Post by Tom Poore » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:06 pm

Wuuthrad wrote:I understand people have rose colored glasses regarding moon landings, but for me it's not so bright. Especially when looking at why a nation spent, and continues to spend, so much public money on space exploration, when it has more important problems to fix here on Earth.
From 1961 to 1972, Americans spent more on cigarettes than on the space program. So if we’re to discuss money misspent, there are better targets than NASA.

Tom Poore
South Euclid, OH
USA

Wuuthrad

Post by Wuuthrad » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:28 pm

Tom Poore wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:06 pm
Wuuthrad wrote:I understand people have rose colored glasses regarding moon landings, but for me it's not so bright. Especially when looking at why a nation spent, and continues to spend, so much public money on space exploration, when it has more important problems to fix here on Earth.
From 1961 to 1972, Americans spent more on cigarettes than on the space program. So if we’re to discuss money misspent, there are better targets than NASA.

Tom Poore
South Euclid, OH
USA
I meant money from tax dollars...Federal Money, as I posted, not what private citizens do for their own legal entertainment. I agree it's dumb to smoke, but that's not a relevant comparison in my view.

And cigarettes were advertised as "healthy" back then!

Anyway we're going places this thread was kindly asked not to, so I politely won't continue.
"I can sense the atonal...I always try very hard to bring it out."
- Julian Bream

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:09 pm

In response to Jack Douglass:

Haha. I don't know if that is entirely true, but it made for an entertaining read nonetheless. :-) I'm just glad you didn't get burned on reentry...

Jack Douglas

Post by Jack Douglas » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:07 pm

RobMacKillop wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:09 pm
In response to Jack Douglass:

Haha. I don't know if that is entirely true, but it made for an entertaining read nonetheless. :-) I'm just glad you didn't get burned on reentry...
Absolutely true! We giggled afterwards!
Richard Brune 'Artist' Cedar/Brazilian 1996

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:12 pm

:bravo:

Return to “The Café”