What the Hell is going on in France?

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
marvluse

Re: What the Hell is going on in France?

Post by marvluse » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:35 pm

Cipher wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:30 pm
marvluse wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:45 pm

Yikes! Beware the copyright trolls that inhabit this site. Soon your link will be trashed and converted to meaningless instructions on how to locate it. :roll: :D

Please be careful calling our Delcamp Moderators trolls. Our moderators do us all a great service here by making sure the rules of this forum are followed. Please familiarize yourself with the rules of posting links to copyrighted music on this forum so the moderators don't have to remove them and put YouTube location instructions. Thanks! :D
I guess you have no concept of metaphoric expression. I was referring to no one specifically, and using the word in a suggestive manner to express an idea. Some folks cannot see much beyond their noses. Rest assured, I am not referring to you.

Tell me, what is the difference between a URL and instructions on how to find it? None really. One is convenient, one is less convenient. Think about it.

Do have a great day, though. :)

Jacek A. Rochacki

Post by Jacek A. Rochacki » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:48 pm

- is it about metaphoric epression or about copyrights and obeying forum rules ? I have reasons to believe that I have "concept" about both - about first - as professional artist with pieces in museums etc. and writer - author of very many publications including three books; about second - as person with many years long activity in artist's associations, serving as advisor/consuellor in matters of copyrights, former expert to Ministry of Culture etc.

Simpler: Professor J. F. Delcamp - is not just musician but member of academic world active in public life and he knows what he is doing setting rules here. We are grateful to him and his helpers/moderators, due to their efforts this Forum is what it is.

By this ocassion I offer my sincere apologies for careless putting here the link to copyrighted material - Minor Swing interpretation by Marcus Strand.

Jacek A. Rochacki

EDIT: Rules/regulations/law sometimes may look without sense, but: "Dura lex sed lex".
Antonio Picado, model 60, 2015, Cedar/IRW. Scale 640 mm.
Antonio Picado, model 62, 2018, Cedar/Madagascar Palosanto. Scale 640 mm. Doble Tapa.

Isabelle Frizac
Teacher

Post by Isabelle Frizac » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:01 pm

Jacek A. Rochacki wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:48 pm
.../...
but: "Dura lex sed lex".
I have already seen (and heard) Bireli Lagrene in concert, a great musician and virtuoso guitarist ... a bit too virtuoso for my taste, because the technical prowess is also at the expense of musicality.
I love the Rosenberg Trio , Angelo Debarre and Thomas Dutronc. :casque:

And also, Durex sed lex! :mrgreen:
keep hope !
Bastien Burlot 2014" special anniversary" n°1, Pappalardo 1982, Antonio Ruiz Lopez 1974, and other instruments ...;-)

marvluse

Post by marvluse » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:12 pm

Jacek A. Rochacki wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:48 pm
Rules/regulations/law sometimes may look without sense, but: "Dura lex sed lex".
I suppose, but equally true is "ut praecepta fiunt rumpitur." It is as much a fact of life as the "law" and is surely as divinely decreed as the "law," which is to say, not at all. Just conventions that mankind, in all its defects and deficits, has come to adopt.

I intended no disrespect to anyone or anything, I was just expressing an opinion. When folks start suppressing opinions then we are in trouble. Study some history, I think you would agree.

Jacek A. Rochacki

Post by Jacek A. Rochacki » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:28 pm

i think that I see your point. And I keep in mind that as a matter of fact this conversation in longer perspective is about legal existence - shortly: existence of this forum. This is why the rules are here set as they are. And it is important for me and I trust to many others, too.
Antonio Picado, model 62, 2018, Cedar/Madagascar Palosanto. Scale 640 mm. Doble Tapa.

Erik Zurcher

Post by Erik Zurcher » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:14 pm

This forum is hosted in France, where the laws on copyrights are very strict. Mr. Delcamp has been warned by the French authorities that his forum will be shut down if it spreads illegal (=copyright violations) material. The moderators simply try to avoid being shut down. I hope you all understand Mr. Delcamp's position (he can't afford the costs of legal action against him) and the reason why we remove some videos.
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Jacek A. Rochacki

Post by Jacek A. Rochacki » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:20 pm

Thank you, Erik, for your precise and straightforward, complete information. I hope that it is clear to everybody now.

simonm

Post by simonm » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:03 pm

Thank you Cipher. You put it very nicely. :-)

musicbyandy

Post by musicbyandy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:31 pm

I love Bireli Langrene's guitar playing.

Cipher

Post by Cipher » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:47 pm

simonm wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:03 pm
You're welcome simonm - thanks for the kind words and all that you do for our forum! :D

:merci:

Erik Zurcher

Post by Erik Zurcher » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:18 pm

marvluse wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:35 pm
Tell me, what is the difference between a URL and instructions on how to find it? None really. One is convenient, one is less convenient. Think about it.
The difference between an URL(link) and a reference to a link is a legal one. Posting a direct link to copyrighted music makes us complicit and liable to legal action. Making a reference where some piece of music can be found exonerates this forum. Legally, a big difference.
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:04 pm

I tried to put a reference link, but clearly it failed. So please tell me how to do it. And apologies for getting it wrong.

marvluse

Post by marvluse » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:31 pm

Well, in the interests of keeping the French authorities happy, I shall no longer post links, references to links, or even use the word "link." That will surely solve the issue. It seems to me, however, that Europeans (particularly of the French and German variety) can be woefully stubborn at times. That is an opinion, of which there is hopefully no French law against expressing. Et vivere, reservate :D

Tonit

Post by Tonit » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:09 pm

I saw Bireli trio concerts twice in a 3 year stretch.

First time he was playing a guitar.
Second time (last year) he was playing a bass for an entire concert.
As it turned out, he set a new goal to be a Jaco heir.

riffmeister

Post by riffmeister » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:58 pm

Cipher wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:47 pm
simonm wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:03 pm
You're welcome simonm - thanks for the kind words and all that you do for our forum! :D

:merci:
Agreed. This is a great place to hang out. Thanks to all moderators for keeping this place from becoming another "Lord of the Flies".

Return to “The Café”