Observation about comments below YT videos

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
soltirefa

Observation about comments below YT videos

Post by soltirefa » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:34 am

I can't believe how often (like 99% of the time) really negative comments (usually long, picky, and lecturing) come from YT channels that say, "This channel has no content."

In other words, these people create a channel just so they can make comments below videos.

erichert

Re: Observation about comments below YT videos

Post by erichert » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:16 pm

If you have a Youtube account you also have a Youtube channel. I would think the people actually creating content are a tiny minority of Youtube users. So, the vast amount of people on Youtube, leaving positive or negative comments, are probably going to have no content.

There's also other reasons to create an account other than leaving comments, watch-lists, saving favorites, subscriptions, etc.

soltirefa

Post by soltirefa » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:32 pm

erichert wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:16 pm
If you have a Youtube account you also have a Youtube channel. I would think the people actually creating content are a tiny minority of Youtube users. So, the vast amount of people on Youtube, leaving positive or negative comments, are probably going to have no content.

There's also other reasons to create an account other than leaving comments, watch-lists, saving favorites, subscriptions, etc.
Good to know, thanks for informing me.

Andrew Pohlman

Post by Andrew Pohlman » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:52 pm

Oh, I thought this post was to point out how people want to place ads on your video content. The "persuade" you by threatening to sue over copyrighted content. I'm sorry to inform them, but Diferencias Sobre de Guardame las Vacas (and other pieces from ancient musical periods) have no copyright owner. The bad part of that, is YouTube admins force the accused to prove they have not violated a copyright.

So two can play at that game :: when someone hits me with a copyright violation allegation, I submit a complaint against them.

Otherwise, ignore to boneheads.
2013 Rodriguez FF Sabicas blanco
2015 Trevor Gore custom Neoclassical
- redwood top, Palo dorado B+Ss.

mike.janel

Post by mike.janel » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:16 pm

Andrew Pohlman wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:52 pm
Oh, I thought this post was to point out how people want to place ads on your video content. The "persuade" you by threatening to sue over copyrighted content. I'm sorry to inform them, but Diferencias Sobre de Guardame las Vacas (and other pieces from ancient musical periods) have no copyright owner. The bad part of that, is YouTube admins force the accused to prove they have not violated a copyright.

So two can play at that game :: when someone hits me with a copyright violation allegation, I submit a complaint against them.

Otherwise, ignore to boneheads.
I guess googl has to allow this copyright claims to cover their own a2s.
I wonder how this works. YT is loaded with copyright material. Napster and others have been killed for much less.
Michael
-----------------------------------------------
2015 Dan Kellaway (Spruce - fan braced)
2013 Amalio Burguet 3M (Cedar)
1989 Yamaha CG 110 (Spruce)

CarbonElitist

Post by CarbonElitist » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:44 pm

It is the unfortunate reality about comment sections on the internet in general. Have you heard of Godwin's Law? If not, I suggest looking it up. It is rather amusing look at online interactions.
"If at first you don't succeed, don't go skydiving."
"When I want expert advice, I look at the comment sections on DIY videos."

Return to “The Café”