Welcome To The Cafe

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
boulderburns

Post by boulderburns » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:01 pm

May I refer my learned friend to the floribund bon mots promulgated by the Hon. Roger Melly? :wink:

Florentin Tise

Post by Florentin Tise » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:32 pm

ok, I have no idea what you just said, but it sure sounds funny :D

tallpigmy

hi

Post by tallpigmy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:06 am

hi

Azalais

Post by Azalais » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:19 pm

Hi tallpigmy

Welcome to the forum. You seem to have come in through a side door :wink: If you post a message in the Introduce Yourself section, you can tell us a bit about your interests, and give everyone an opportunity to say hello to you.

See you soon.

tokkelaar

Post by tokkelaar » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:50 am

Goede morgen muzikanten.

Ikvind het spannend om eens iets in de Nederlandse taal te schrijven.
Het wordt anders allemaal zo Engels achtig.
Een beetje Engels kan ik natuurlijk wel. Maat eerst ga ik het op deze manier proberen.
Mijn vraag is of er veel mensen uit Nederland deze site bezoeken ?
Ik ben benieuwd.
Gr.

Azalais

Post by Azalais » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:00 am

Hello tokkelaar

As a courtesy to the english speakers, could you please also provide a translation when you post a message in Dutch?

[Good tomorrow muzikanten. Ikvind it stretching to write once something in the Dutch language. It becomes differently all this way English achtig. A beetje English am possible I of course, however. Half-measure firstly will try I this way. My question is if there many people from the Netherlands visit this site? I have been aroused curiosity. Gr.]

The answer is yes, I think that there are several dutch-speaking members on the forum... :wink:

Sanft

Post by Sanft » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:06 am

:grire: Love that one!
Clemens … el niño que soñó la musica :fume:

giovana

hy!

Post by giovana » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:04 pm

Hy! i'm new here.. i'm a brazilian girl, a very devote musician.. guitar eletric player, i enjoy a good musik ..like you... i hope to be accept here..and sorry if my english have some wrongs... i dont know very well!

Azalais

Post by Azalais » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:24 pm

Hello Giovana

The best place to say hello is the section called "Introduce Yourself"... You will meet many friendly people here. Your english is good! Don't worry, you get lots of practice! Subscribe to the Usergroup so you can access the resources too. Let us know if you have any questions.

trentios

Post by trentios » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:15 pm

hi guys i am a new member.this forum is the best for classical guitar.

leafhound

Re: Welcome To The Cafe

Post by leafhound » Wed May 23, 2007 10:05 pm

Florentin wrote:and no political or religious debates.

Enjoy! :D
to not have them topics pop up is a breath of fresh air.

Paul Turner

Appreciation of Delcamp Site

Post by Paul Turner » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:37 pm

Thank you for this beautiful site,
I do now't but teach guitar for a living, so I'm pretty busy, any time of year, term time or otherwise, either "deranging" (my term for arranging stuff I've heard) or composing basic stuff for my classic guitar method......one day I may develop something which makes CG instantly accessible to the new starter; till then I use Guitar Pro and Notation Composer; the 'easynotes' feature of the latter is the best thing since liquer muscat!

PaulT

Paul Turner

Boulderburns.....the man on telly?

Post by Paul Turner » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:42 pm

Boulderman,
Not another cultural casualty...like me!?

I Love the Viz and all it (barely) contains.....I'm still a CG type, don't worry!

Lawks a Lordy....etc

PaulT

eales

Post by eales » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:45 pm

aaagh, there's two of them! :D :D What are you talking about Bolderburns and Paul?

Melly passed away this week .... shame. I read his autobiography, interesting guy. :cry:

Paul Turner

Jellied Eales and The Man On Telly...

Post by Paul Turner » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:21 am

Dear Eales and Boulderman,

Kulture with a capital "K" indeed! I was most distressed to hear of Roger Mellie's passing, but, since he's only a comic man (though Peter Cook did enter a trance at one point and became a 'vessel' for his words) I reminded myself that he is indestructible....I keenly await the next issue of that noted organ...Viz! As said, other than this single character defect, I don't do a bad job with guitars various. I'm out at Sydney's Northern Beaches and might be one of the few people on the peninsula sporting, what is locally termed a "mullett" (see 8 ace's haircut), so if you've a mind to catch up some time, let me know.

Paul T (AKA 8Ace)

Return to “The Café”