Welcome To The Cafe

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
St0fh0nd

Post by St0fh0nd » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Azalais wrote:Hello tokkelaar

As a courtesy to the english speakers, could you please also provide a translation when you post a message in Dutch?

[Good tomorrow muzikanten. Ikvind it stretching to write once something in the Dutch language. It becomes differently all this way English achtig. A beetje English am possible I of course, however. Half-measure firstly will try I this way. My question is if there many people from the Netherlands visit this site? I have been aroused curiosity. Gr.]

The answer is yes, I think that there are several dutch-speaking members on the forum... :wink:
This is an example of a bad translation :P Butt still it is quite good looking at the fact that youre from miami!!

Tokkelaars messag actually was:

Good mornig Musicians!
It's exciting to write something in the dutch language.
Else it's gonna be so english like in here!
Of course i can speak a little bit of english. But first i'll try it this way!
My question is do a lot of dutch people visit this site?
I'm quite curious!
Greetz.

And youre answer is quite right! There are enough dutch people visiting this site! like myself!

astaroth

Re: Welcome To The Cafe

Post by astaroth » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:17 am

Good Morning everyone! i need to chalk up more posts but find it really hard cos most of the technical discussions everywhere else is flying over my head hahaha. any other asian fellas ard here?

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:41 am

Hello Astaroth,

We have a vast number of members from different parts of Asia and I am sure you will gradually meet many of them.

Your English seems pretty good, so I am guessing that is not the reason you are finding it difficult to get into some of the discussions. You have not been playing classical music very long, if I remember correctly. Why don't you download some pieces from the Level 1 to 4 collection and do some work on those—then come back with your questions and you'll get talking to people in no time at all.

Best wishes, V :)
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

astaroth

Post by astaroth » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:47 am

yes i've already downloaded and am practising right now! still on page 12 tho. so far so good

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:34 am

Hello Astaroth,

That's great! Remember, don't just play them and move on. Play them really well:
Stanley Yates wrote:Learn to play simple things extremely well and your playing will develop so quickly you won't know what hit you.
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

astaroth

Post by astaroth » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:47 am

Vesuvio wrote:Hello Astaroth,

That's great! Remember, don't just play them and move on. Play them really well:
Stanley Yates wrote:Learn to play simple things extremely well and your playing will develop so quickly you won't know what hit you.
yepz! i make sure i know every single piece and i play them starting slowly until i can finally play the piece at the specified speed. however i tend to be quite reliant on the fingering "numbers" that accompanies the note which seems to be slightly cheating. will that affect my sight reading in the future?

Moderato

Post by Moderato » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:54 am

astaroth wrote:Good Morning everyone! i need to chalk up more posts but find it really hard cos most of the technical discussions everywhere else is flying over my head hahaha. any other asian fellas ard here?
Is there someone else here besides me that plays Soul Calibur and classical guitar???? :shock:

astaroth

Post by astaroth » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:58 am

no i dun play soul caliber actually. more of a fascination with angels and demons hahaha

Moderato

Post by Moderato » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:42 am

astaroth wrote:no i dun play soul caliber actually. more of a fascination with angels and demons hahaha
The only Astaroth I know is the Golem from Soul Calibur.

pubb

Post by pubb » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:38 pm

hihi

elo156

Post by elo156 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:09 pm

ok, music is wonderful! :D

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:11 pm

Hello Elo,
elo156 wrote:...music is wonderful! :D
Agreed! Welcome to the forum! I would like to invite you to the Introduce Yourself area where you might like to tell us a little about your musical background and interests,

Best wishes, V

Nora

Post by Nora » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:49 pm

:delcamp_fiesta: :delcamp_fiesta:
Hello all,

elo156 wrote:
...music is wonderful!

Not only guitarmusic but mostly. :lol:

cheers nora

abhishek_c

Post by abhishek_c » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:48 pm

Hi all.

Just a beginner's question. Would I have to play the material from this site on dreadnought strings, because I'm much more comfortable with steel string guitars.

Thanks.

owl

Post by owl » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:53 pm

Well, this IS a classical guitar site so of course the music is for classical guitar
You could play it some of it on steel I guess but mostly it should be played on nylon!

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

Return to “The Café”