What Are You Eating Right Now?

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
RaajShinde

Re: What Are You Eating Right Now?

Post by RaajShinde » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:18 am

Gang Dang Thai curry with steamed Tofu, Thai-hot, with brown rice and a bottle of Heineken for dinner today. 😀. All is well with the world!
The Sage is occupied with the unspoken
and acts without effort.
Teaching without verbosity,
producing without possessing,
creating without regard to result,
claiming nothing,
the Sage has nothing to lose.

zupfgeiger

Post by zupfgeiger » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:56 pm

Grüne Soße with Pellkartoffeln (potatoes boiled with the skin) and boiled eggs. This is a VERY German speciality from the Frankfurt region with lots of green herbs, particularly served on Holy Thursday. In Brussels I will unfortunately not be able to collect all the herbs which are at home in Gemrany sold in bunches on markets and in supermarkets. Instead I will just take parsley, basilic, dill, chervil and sage. For the original version you need herbs like borage, cress, sorell and chives instead of basilic and sage.

As a Lutheran protestant (not deeply religious, but respecting the rules) I will serve fish for the family tomorrow. Maybe German recipe as well, cod with mustard sauce, otherwise Italian style, sole filets on spinach with bechamel sauce, baked in the oven. Nice German Weißburgunder as a beverage.
Fritz Ober, Torres/Hauser model, 2010, spruce/maple
Giovanni Tacchi, Bouchet model, spruce/BRAZ, 2018

Jack Douglas

Post by Jack Douglas » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:27 pm

zupfgeiger wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:56 pm
Grüne Soße with Pellkartoffeln (potatoes boiled with the skin) and boiled eggs. This is a VERY German speciality from the Frankfurt region with lots of green herbs, particularly served on Holy Thursday. In Brussels I will unfortunately not be able to collect all the herbs which are at home in Gemrany sold in bunches on markets and in supermarkets. Instead I will just take parsley, basilic, dill, chervil and sage. For the original version you need herbs like borage, cress, sorell and chives instead of basilic and sage.

As a Lutheran protestant (not deeply religious, but respecting the rules) I will serve fish for the family tomorrow. Maybe German recipe as well, cod with mustard sauce, otherwise Italian style, sole filets on spinach with bechamel sauce, baked in the oven. Nice German Weißburgunder as a beverage.
Happy Easter, Zupfgeiger,

Your use of herbs for the potato and egg dish reminds me of a dish I love to prepare this time of year when ‘shad’ are running. The fish itself is filled with tiny bones such that it’s impossible to get a bite without a mouthful of bones. Shad Roe on the other hand is lovely. Here, I buy it by the pair, 2 sacs, filled with the tiny eggs. I coat each one with a mix of chervil, Italian parsley, tarragon, dill, sage, and basil. I add a bit of salt and cayenne pepper. The roe is now green with all the herbs. I add good olive oil to a pan and cook the roe on medium high heat. It is necessary to place a screen cover over the pan to prevent the popping eggs from covering the counter or burning the cook. Serve hot with a dash of lemon and hot sauce.
I will likely cook this on Good Friday!
Your fish dish sounds lovely!
Cheers,
Jack
Richard Brune 'Artist' Cedar/Brazilian 1996

zupfgeiger

Post by zupfgeiger » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:24 am

Hi Jack

will try your recipe. Thanks for that. I don't know what a shad is but seems to be similar to a sole.
Just put a lamb haunch into the oven. will stay there for 4 hours at low 130 C temperature. A bottle of Gigondas is waiting as well while Sebastian is eating his first Easter chocolate eggs...

Enjoy the holidays.

Michael
Fritz Ober, Torres/Hauser model, 2010, spruce/maple
Giovanni Tacchi, Bouchet model, spruce/BRAZ, 2018

doug

Post by doug » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:01 pm

A slice of blueberry banana pie. I recently made a camera handle for a photographer friend, and wouldn’t let him pay me, so he brought one of his wife’s pies.🙂
2017 Jason Wolverton spruce/maple, 640, "Luz Blanca"
2016 Kenny Hill New World Estudio 640, cedar
2015 Kenny Hill Performance 640, C/IR
2017 Kenny Hill Player Cutaway, 640, Sp

Roddykins421

Post by Roddykins421 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:52 pm

Currently sharing a Granny Smith apple and some peanut butter with my two year old son.

doug

Post by doug » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:45 pm

I cooked supper tonight...grilled pork chops, baked sweet potato, and roasted root vegetables....turnips, rutabaga, carrots and radishes. I simply dice or slice them, lightly coat them with olive oil, salt & pepper them, spread them on a cookie sheet, and stick them in the oven, at 425 F for about an hour.

doug

Post by doug » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:56 am

I have just enjoyed a wonderful breakfast! I drove to Oriental.....a small town eight miles from where I live....and ate at "Brantley's Village Restaurant." (I usually eat there on Thursdays at lunch and on Saturday mornings) They have a good buffet breakfast on Saturday, and it seemed better than usual this morning. I had bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs topped with sausage gravy, homestyle potatoes, a biscuit, strawberries, fried apples and a banana nut muffin! If I get a snack about mid-morning, I think I may make it until lunchtime??? LOL

80guitarguy

Post by 80guitarguy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:48 pm

I just made Jamaican Pepperpot Soup. Now I'm eating a chocolate chip cookie.
80guitarguy
============================================================

doug

Post by doug » Wed May 09, 2018 1:19 pm

Just finished an omelet with chopped up leftover grilled pork chop and cheddar cheese, and a slice of rye toast. If my wife and I have any leftover meat from supper, it usually goes into an omelet for breakfast the next morning. This one was good!!!

doug

Post by doug » Thu May 17, 2018 5:27 pm

I have just finished eating liver and onions, with collards and potato salad. I am STUFFED! ......and I'll bet I haven't had liver and onions in twenty years or more!???
My wife and I usually eat Thursday lunch at a restaurant in Oriental....fried chicken & collards on the buffet. We usually eat Friday lunch at a seafood restaurant in Bayboro.....usually scallops and shrimp. We've become pretty good friends with a couple of the waitresses, and we were chatting with one of them last Friday, and somehow the conversation got around to collards. We told her that we usually ate collards in Oriental on Thursday. "We've got collards on Thursday, too!" she exclaimed! We decided to try them today. and truthfully, they were not as good as the ones we usually get in Oriental. Instead of fried chicken, I ordered liver & onions. It was EXCELLENT!!!

Andrew Fryer

Post by Andrew Fryer » Thu May 17, 2018 5:41 pm

Steak pie and pot-roasted celeriac.
1975 Calatayud y Gisbert, Yamaha CG131S.

riemsesy

Post by riemsesy » Thu May 17, 2018 9:36 pm

:merci:
wrong topic
Best regards, Richard Frank
-Yamaha GC22s
-Raimundo 128c

ode_to_bacchus

Post by ode_to_bacchus » Fri May 18, 2018 10:07 pm

Quiche and a cup of tea

Sandaun

Post by Sandaun » Sat May 26, 2018 10:17 am

I've just polished off a bit of chocolate, which came as a welcome treat after shivering through a performance by Bernie Griffen and the Grifters. The wind was chilly, and naturally, so were we.
"I have supposed that he who buys a Method means to learn it." - Ferdinand Sor, Method for Guitar

Return to “The Café”