Can anyone identify this tuner?

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
Ramon Amira
Teacher

Can anyone identify this tuner?

Post by Ramon Amira » Fri May 22, 2015 9:58 pm

One of my students has this tuner, which is really good. No oscillating between red and green - it's one or the other. I would love to get one, but unfortunately there is no brand name on the tuner. Great marketing.

It reads - LT-310 Guitar/Bass Auto Tuner I'll try to post a photo.

Does anyone have one of these and/or know where to get one? Thanks -

Ramon
Classical and Flamenco guitar lessons via Skype worldwide - Classical and Flamenco guitars for sale

Pat Dodson

Re: Can anyone identify this tuner?

Post by Pat Dodson » Fri May 22, 2015 10:48 pm

I might be adding 2+2 to make 5 here Ramon but from internet searches it looks as though it is made by Mings, a Chinese accessories firm. Ibanez appears to put its logo on it sometimes and it might only be available via Ibanez bundles that come with its less expensive guitars. Certainly I can't find anyone selling it new. There are one or two second hand for sale for just a few dollars.

markodarko

Post by markodarko » Fri May 22, 2015 11:02 pm

You hum it son and I'll play it.
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Post by Ramon Amira » Sat May 23, 2015 6:37 pm

Pat Dodson wrote:I might be adding 2+2 to make 5 here Ramon but from internet searches it looks as though it is made by Mings, a Chinese accessories firm. Ibanez appears to put its logo on it sometimes and it might only be available via Ibanez bundles that come with its less expensive guitars. Certainly I can't find anyone selling it new. There are one or two second hand for sale for just a few dollars.
Thanks. Yes, apparently it's made by Mings, and they make other tuners and stuff. Where did you see those used tuners you mentioned?

Ramon
Classical and Flamenco guitar lessons via Skype worldwide - Classical and Flamenco guitars for sale

Pat Dodson

Post by Pat Dodson » Sat May 23, 2015 8:56 pm

Hi Ramon. I didn't go further than Google listings last night but have just done so. Frustratingly a couple lead to the same expired e - b a y item and a third goes to a website that no longer lists the item!

However there appears to be one for sale for $10 on e - b a y.ca item number 221324935331 from North Carolina.

Cheers
Pat

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Post by Ramon Amira » Sat May 23, 2015 11:22 pm

Thanks Pat - Just bought it. $10 and free shipping, and it's listed as new. I'll let you know when I get it if it works, etc.

Ramon

Pat Dodson

Post by Pat Dodson » Sat May 23, 2015 11:30 pm

Great! Fingers crossed all is well.

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Post by Ramon Amira » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:23 pm

Well, I never received notification that it was shipped, and never received the item. Tried contacting e - b a y to contact the seller - ha - good luck. There is NO WAY to contact e - b a y. You just keep getting recycled - half an hour's worth. You should read the complaints on the "Community" board. Nobody can reach e - b a y. I will never buy anything on e - b a y again. I wish they had some real competiton.

I don't care that much about the ten dollars, it's just that I was really happy about finding that tuner when it didn't seem likely. Oh well . . . . .

Ramon

markodarko

Post by markodarko » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:43 pm

If you paid via PayPal you can raise a dispute and get your money back.
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Post by Ramon Amira » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:58 pm

markodarko wrote:If you paid via PayPal you can raise a dispute and get your money back.
Thanks. I did pay via PayPal. I'll give it a shot. Thanks again.

Edit: Just put a claim in with PayPal, so I'll either get the tuner or my money back. But I would have preferred the tuner.

Ramon

Joe de V

Post by Joe de V » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:25 pm

I have collected and used several types of guitar tuners on and off. If I were to limit my tuner to just one unit I would very likely choose This one... The INTELLI Guitar Tuner - IMT101.
This little unit includes...1: A Calibration Up - Down, 2:A Flat Up - Down, 3:A Guitar Bass, And 4: Full Display of All six Open strings Notes on the screen. It identifies the two "E" strings (indicates which "E" string you are tuning) at any calibration.
When Tuning it shows a Red light when off the set calibration selected and a Green Light when on it.
What I like most -which is ideal for beginners to learn what note on the fret-board you are pressing - is that it indicates the actual note that "belongs" within that string fret, not just a color to indicate if you are flat or sharp. This unit ( 3.and 7/8 x 2.5 inches) cost me under $20.

mc1

Post by mc1 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:16 pm

Ramon Amira wrote: Edit: Just put a claim in with PayPal, so I'll either get the tuner or my money back. But I would have preferred the tuner.

Ramon
so, how did this story end?

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Post by Ramon Amira » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:38 pm

mc1 wrote:
Ramon Amira wrote: Edit: Just put a claim in with PayPal, so I'll either get the tuner or my money back. But I would have preferred the tuner.

Ramon
so, how did this story end?
As of now - no tuner - no refund - no further communication from PayPal. I imagine I'll get a refund eventually. It's only $10, so I could care less (Sic :D) I should of :D checked the seller first - no seller reviews for a year, and email no longer working. My bad. :D

I'm looking into the Intelli suggested by Joe, and also - has anyone ever used a Hartke FT50 ?

Ramon

MarkInLA

Post by MarkInLA » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:19 am

if it makes you feel any better, I bought on-line from a reputable dealer a Planet Waves. It arrived faulty/didn't do something. I forget now. I packed it and yet never sent it back. Too much hassle with USPS, shipping, and Paypal. (Though I have no beef with Paypal). Also the PW ads say 360 Deg. turning. Yes, but only on one plane or latitude if you will. After it's on the head-stock you have to read it sideways. I also have a flat tiny rectangular black one by Korg. It's hassle is its too finicky.Won't give green signal unless EXACTLY on the note, which is hard to do and too easy to miss your mark (say the B string). You go back and forth trying to get the B at TDC (top dead center). I still have a Snark on my Cordoba and, though considered large today, it's user friendly, period. Once strings stop moving around I remove it anyway. I put it on the head with the dial in back with the pegs.

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Post by Ramon Amira » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:25 pm

Got a PayPal refund. Still would have preferred the tuner.

Ramon

Return to “The Café”