Antonio Torres trade secret

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier

Antonio Torres trade secret

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:59 pm

A secret Spanish research team, which was investigating the incredible transparency of Torres French polish concluded that Antonio Torres had a top trade secret for his polishing process and that he used his belly button fluff as core material for his munecas and that it is only with this secret procedure that he could achieve his unique sounding instruments. Last month two former guitar teachers have been arrested in Asunción, Paraguay as they were trying to sell fake belly button fluff to the Felluci guitars company. Fellucci’s lawyer claims for death penalty as the damage caused to his company by the attempt is so huge and the losses are in the range of millions. Sharon Nibsi now claims that she played a wrong note in recent concert because she became so distracted by the fear of possible malfunction of her Torres copy, in consequence of the belly button fluff incident, and she will sew Felluci Company and ask for compensation. The fake belly button fluff has been confiscated and destroyed by the Paraguayan Police. The lawyer of the culprit’s claims for clemency and the court considers instead of the death penalty livelong playing of Mauro Giuliani. On the picture the confiscated belly button fluffs. Luthiers can never be careful enough and beware when former guitar teachers show up in your workshop. You can read the whole story on the following link: viewtopic.php?f=110&t=96895&p=1046555#p1046555
belly button fluff.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ChristianSchwengeler on Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kent

Re: Antonio Torres trade secret

Post by Kent » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:17 pm

"Belly Button Window"

Well. I'm up here in this womb
I'm looking all around
Well, I'm looking out my belly button window
And I see a whole lot of frowns
And I'm wondering if they don't want me around

What seems to be the fuzz out there?
Just what seems to be the hang?
'cause you know if ya just don't want me this time around,
Yeah I'll be glad to go back to spirit land
And even take a longer rest,
Before I'm coming down the chute again
Man, I sure remember the last time, baby
They were stlll hawkin' about me then
So if you don't want me now,
Make up your mind, where or when
If you don't want me now,
Give or take, you only got two hundred days
'cause I ain't coming down this way too much more again

You know they got pills for ills and thrills and even spills
But I think you're just a little too late
So I'm coming down into this world, daddy
Regardless of love and hate
And I'm gonna sit up in your bed, mama
And just a grin right in your face
And then I'm gonna eat up all your chocolates,
And say 'i hope I'm not too late'

So if there's any questions,
Make up your mind
'cause you better give or take
Questions in your mind
Give it a take,
You only got two hundered days

Way up into this womb
Looking all around
Sure's dark in here
And I'm looking out my belly button window
And I swear I see nothing but a lot of frowns
And I'm wondering if they want me around

Jimi Hendrix

ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:13 pm

Hi Kent,

beautiful poem thank you. This thread is in fact about the difficulty of members to get attention and comments to their recordings they do post on the forum. Bertrand posted his recording 2 month ago and had 30 hits until the day before yesterday while my fake Torres secret topic has 25 hits in less than an hour. It says it all. viewtopic.php?f=110&t=96895 We are too distracted by fooling around and do not honor enough the real contributions of members who make big efforts to present something. It reminds me sometimes these kind of sportsmen who have the whole equipment and have read any book about the subject and know which is the best tennis racket but then when they come to the club they hardly play, take a few drinks on the bar, chat around with the friends and leave happy. Very frustrating for those who want to play tennis and perhaps would even expect that their friends would assist to their game.
Last edited by ChristianSchwengeler on Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pat Dodson

Post by Pat Dodson » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:22 pm

:bravo: Christian for your very surreal link to Bertran's fine post. It must be August silly season. Well; if you can't beat them....

In early June The Belly Button Challenge went viral on social media.

JAMES HAMBLIN's blog explains:

" It began in China but is now uncontained, and involves many thousands of mostly young people posting self-portraits while trying to reach an arm behind their back and around to touch their belly button. A successful attempt is met with praise and affirmation, under the pretense that the challenge is a test of health and fitness. You are thin enough to reach around yourself, so you must be okay. An unsuccessful attempt is met with quiet inward shame.

I include no such photo here, because it’s dumb."

He goes on to list several reasons not to indulge. These include:

(It panders to) "Body shame and dangerous culture glorifying disordered eating, which is a social disease."

"It’s actually a test of shoulder flexibility, not fitness."

"It is insensitive to people who don’t have belly buttons."

"Even if you can touch your belly button, that doesn’t change the fact that no one likes a gloater."

"Several people have tried so hard that their arms have fallen off. Usually at the shoulder, but sometimes at the elbow or wrist."

Yep. August. :D

ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:58 pm

Pat Dodson wrote::bravo: Christian for your very surreal link to Bertran's fine post. It must be August silly season. Well; if you can't beat them....

In early June The Belly Button Challenge went viral on social media.

JAMES HAMBLIN's blog explains:

" It began in China but is now uncontained, and involves many thousands of mostly young people posting self-portraits while trying to reach an arm behind their back and around to touch their belly button. A successful attempt is met with praise and affirmation, under the pretense that the challenge is a test of health and fitness. You are thin enough to reach around yourself, so you must be okay. An unsuccessful attempt is met with quiet inward shame.

I include no such photo here, because it’s dumb."

Yep. August. :D
Hi Pat, pretty silly indeed! I Make the core of my munecas actually out of Dinosaur belly button fluff. I have a secret source :mrgreen:

Mike Erickson

Post by Mike Erickson » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:08 am

Pretty silly stuff. Thanks for giving me something I feel qualified to comment on to stay registered!

ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:10 am

ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:40 am

Today I received a shipping of very rare Unicorn belly button fluff. My top secret source now revealed in the following link

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=98227&p=1045056#p1045056

chuckinphoenix

Post by chuckinphoenix » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:08 pm

if you are not a member of the Stomach Club you must turn in your belly button
If you ain't the lead dog the scenery never changes.

ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:40 pm

chuckinphoenix wrote:if you are not a member of the Stomach Club you must turn in your belly button
Hi Chuck, please make yourself clear. I am one of these stupid guys who laughs only in the end and still does not get it what everybody is laughing about. If you mean the Stomach club are the tuff and cool guys, be my guest I am also very sarcastic and my ascendant is scorpion. The thread is about leak of attention for recording posts because of excessive hassle on the forum about stupid threads like this. It is a test for view count and it proves that most members do worry much more about Torres belly button fluff than about essential stuff like members recordings.

Mickey_C

Post by Mickey_C » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:26 pm

ChristianSchwengeler wrote: ...Antonio Torres had a top trade secret for his polishing process and that he used his belly button fluff as core material for his munecas... [/attachment]
Say what????

I'm pretty sure in the movie version it was his wife's hair that he used to brush the shellac which contained her blood...

ChristianSchwengeler wrote:Bertrand posted his recording 2 month ago and had 30 hits until the day before yesterday while my fake Torres secret topic has 25 hits in less than an hour
Material goods can be purchased for mere money, and money can be acquired by most anyone, therefore the items will always hold a greater interest than an individual's mastery of said item's practical use.

If the interest in material goods was not greater than the interest in putting them to their best use there would be no need of religion or politics, putting both priest and politician out of work.
chuckinphoenix wrote:The thread is about leak of attention for recording posts because of excessive hassle on the forum about stupid threads like this. It is a test for view count and it proves that most members do worry much more about Torres belly button fluff than about essential stuff like members recordings.
Mea culpa!

ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:16 pm

Mickey_C wrote: I'm pretty sure in the movie version it was his wife's hair that he used to brush the shellac which contained her blood...

Material goods can be purchased for mere money, and money can be acquired by most anyone, therefore the items will always hold a greater interest than an individual's mastery of said item's practical use.

If the interest in material goods was not greater than the interest in putting them to their best use there would be no need of religion or politics, putting both priest and politician out of work.
chuckinphoenix wrote:The thread is about leak of attention for recording posts because of excessive hassle on the forum about stupid threads like this. It is a test for view count and it proves that most members do worry much more about Torres belly button fluff than about essential stuff like members recordings.
Mea culpa!
Even like that your Hanika thread was not so bad at all, it was just disappointing that you did not repair it in the end, but you may be right that you didn't.

I have seen that you may have some serious GAS, but I was not sure if the pictures were yours. You will never be completely happy until you have one of mine, neither will I :mrgreen:

Mickey_C

Post by Mickey_C » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:45 pm

ChristianSchwengeler wrote:
Even like that your Hanika thread was not so bad at all, it was just disappointing that you did not repair it in the end, but you may be right that you didn't.

I have seen that you may have some serious GAS, but I was not sure if the pictures were yours. You will never be completely happy until you have one of mine, neither will I :mrgreen:
My decision to not do a neck reset on the Hanika was after purchasing a string gauge, which indicated it to be in spec for a classical guitar.

One of yours? Give me a link... cash in on the GAS!

EDIT... I found this guitar of your's here on Delcamp Forums. Nice guitar!

But before I send my moneys to another luthier... I have to ask... did you french polish it with navel lint? I've read somewhere that it was the secret to the transparency of the Antonio Torres tone... I'm totally hooked on the idea now, and am seeking to have a guitar finished like this. But it needs to be the navel lint of a 'spanaird sólo , sin'.

ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:40 am

Mickey_C wrote:[
One of yours? Give me a link... cash in on the GAS!

EDIT... I found this guitar of your's here on Delcamp Forums. Nice guitar!

But before I send my moneys to another luthier... I have to ask... did you french polish it with navel lint? I've read somewhere that it was the secret to the transparency of the Antonio Torres tone... I'm totally hooked on the idea now, and am seeking to have a guitar finished like this. But it needs to be the navel lint of a 'spanaird sólo , sin'.
I have just a shabby blog as I don't believe that people buy on the internet without meeting me. http://segredodaguitarra.blogspot.pt/

I guess you are a steel stringer. I build a nomex sandwich top which is as resonant as a very good steel string, with never ending sustain and very well balanced sound. This could be the right instrument for you even without navel fluff polishing. The attached recording is myself playing, in a one take recording, one of my early compositions from the early 80ties. viewtopic.php?f=116&t=98636

Very simple looking girl with elevated fingerboard and bolted on neck. The recording is not edited and the sustain you hear is the sustain of the instrument and not reverb. If this means something to you you may consider to go into the trouble to buy from Europe.

ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:58 am

I must say I am a bit disappointed that nobody does reply to my recording. viewtopic.php?f=116&t=99118 This is a nice piece of music and of course I don't need you to confirm this - but it is at the same time something very intimate, and the fact to share this, makes me very vulnerable. The pictures are real live references to the place and person the piece is related to and I am surprised that you are not able to recognize this. The sharing of this piece was my birthday party for my 53 anniversary. I guarantee you that you could have Segovia in person on the forum posting his recordings and you would simply ignore him or not care about. I am not Segovia of course and I do not intend to be, but I am a musician rather you like it or not. I call this the obtuse-ification caused by virtual reality and I tried to call attention to it by innumerous messages like my fake Torres trade secret. The Delcamp forum is nice but I understand perfectly those who just leave and sometimes I think I am wasting my time..

Return to “The Café”