JS Bach Classical Guitar Transcriptions

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
Chris Saunders
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:42 pm

JS Bach Classical Guitar Transcriptions

Post by Chris Saunders » Sat May 26, 2018 12:31 am

Hi,

I'm happy to report I've just published Volume 2 of my JS Bach solo transcriptions for Classical Guitar. This book contains four of my top selling pieces, BWV 911 Fugue, BWV 851 Prelude, BWV 937 Little Prelude, BWV 827 Burlesca as well as the Aria.

Here is the Aria from the Goldberg Variations. I used to be able to embed the videos to the site but I can't seem to get it to work anymore so sorry for that [mod edit: fixed]. If you are interested in the sheet music there's a link in the description box below the video.




Thanks for listening, :merci: :bye:

Chris Saunders

User avatar
kertsopoulos
Posts: 374
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 7:26 pm
Location: Athens, Greece

Re: JS Bach Classical Guitar Transcriptions

Post by kertsopoulos » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:35 pm

CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOUR WORK!

User avatar
pogmoor
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9435
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:55 am
Location: Oxfordshire, UK

Re: JS Bach Classical Guitar Transcriptions

Post by pogmoor » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:06 pm

Chris Saunders wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 12:31 am
I used to be able to embed the videos to the site but I can't seem to get it to work anymore so sorry for that.
I've embedded it for you. It isn't obvious since the last software update, but all you need to do is paste in the web address and enclose it in media tags (rather than url tags):

Code: Select all

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPoNVo-CA_g[/media]
which you can do by clicking on the icon that looks like a little tv screen above the composing window.
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008), Ramirez (Guitarra del Tiempo 2017),
Yamaha (SLG 130NW silent classical guitar 2014).

SleepyheadRooster
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:47 am
Location: Oregon

Re: JS Bach Classical Guitar Transcriptions

Post by SleepyheadRooster » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:47 pm

This is great stuff. Playing some Bach pieces well is one of my primary aspirations as I now dive into more classical guitar after 35 years of mainly steel string guitar styles.

I really enjoy your videos and playing.
Best,
Chuck

richtm
Posts: 167
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:10 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Re: JS Bach Classical Guitar Transcriptions

Post by richtm » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:54 pm

I love the Goldberg Variations and your take is a great one for guitar
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ernest Köröskenyi 1977 Cedar; Pauline Bernabe Especial 2007 Spruce, 2012 Cedar; Andreas Kirmse 2017 Cedar DT; Philipp Lerche Torres 2018 Spruce

Chris Saunders
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:42 pm

Re: JS Bach Classical Guitar Transcriptions

Post by Chris Saunders » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:57 pm

kertsopoulos wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:35 pm
CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOUR WORK!
Thank you. :merci:
pogmoor wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:06 pm
Chris Saunders wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 12:31 am
I used to be able to embed the videos to the site but I can't seem to get it to work anymore so sorry for that.
I've embedded it for you. It isn't obvious since the last software update, but all you need to do is paste in the web address and enclose it in media tags (rather than url tags):

Code: Select all

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPoNVo-CA_g[/media]
which you can do by clicking on the icon that looks like a little tv screen above the composing window.
Thanks for doing that. I kept trying the old way. :merci:
SleepyheadRooster wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:47 pm
This is great stuff. Playing some Bach pieces well is one of my primary aspirations as I now dive into more classical guitar after 35 years of mainly steel string guitar styles.

I really enjoy your videos and playing.
Thanks and best of luck on your classical journey.

richtm wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:54 pm
I love the Goldberg Variations and your take is a great one for guitar
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

Chris

soltirefa
Posts: 1860
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:59 am
Location: Southern California

Re: JS Bach Classical Guitar Transcriptions

Post by soltirefa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:55 am

It isn't obvious since the last software update, but all you need to do is paste in the web address and enclose it in media tags (rather than url tags):

I have found that merely copying and pasting the URL from the YouTube video's "share" (below the video) is enough to embed the video here. No need to enclose it in media tags. To be certain, that's what I'm doing here now.


User avatar
slidika
Posts: 553
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:51 pm
Location: Zebulon, NC

Re: JS Bach Classical Guitar Transcriptions

Post by slidika » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:23 pm

Well done! I have added the book to my wish list and will get it on my next order. :merci:
Whenever I am not ready for my music lesson, I call it 'facing the music'.

Chris Saunders
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:42 pm

Re: JS Bach Classical Guitar Transcriptions

Post by Chris Saunders » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:22 pm

slidika wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:23 pm
Well done! I have added the book to my wish list and will get it on my next order. :merci:
Thanks, glad you enjoyed the piece. :merci: :bye:

Rick Hutt
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:03 pm
Location: Oak Paark, IL

Re: JS Bach Classical Guitar Transcriptions

Post by Rick Hutt » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:02 pm

This is a wonderful piece! You have captured a real "harpsichord" sound. I love it. From looking at the video and hearing it, ZI am assuming you are using some high tension strings. Is that correct? Again, wonderful piece. Thank you.
2010 Pimentel & Sons Concert Grand
2018 Ramirez Guitarra del Tiempo
1970 Taurus (Barcelona)
2009 Ramundo flamenco blanca
1962 Martin 0-16
2000 Martin 000-18
1963 Epiphone 12 Str

Chris Saunders
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:42 pm

Re: JS Bach Classical Guitar Transcriptions

Post by Chris Saunders » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:14 am

Rick Hutt wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:02 pm
This is a wonderful piece! You have captured a real "harpsichord" sound. I love it. From looking at the video and hearing it, ZI am assuming you are using some high tension strings. Is that correct? Again, wonderful piece. Thank you.
Thanks Rick, glad you enjoyed it. They're actually normal tension strings, I tweaked my right hand attack angle a little bit but it's so subtle it's not visually noticeable. :merci: :casque:

Return to “Members' Announcements”