Moving to Glasgow! - any tips?

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
Steven Joseph

Moving to Glasgow! - any tips?

Post by Steven Joseph » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:52 pm

Dear fellow delcampers,

I will shortly be uprooting myself from London to Glasgow. However, my knowledge of the guitar and general music scene up there is non existent. I would like to continue to teach private students and also perform as I do down here in London.

Do any of you have any tips for me regarding getting gigs and students up there and are you familiar with the guitar scene in Scotland?

Any help whatsoever is greatly appreciated.

many thanks
Steven Joseph
Professional guitarist, composer and performer.

George Crocket

Re: Moving to Glasgow! - any tips?

Post by George Crocket » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:36 pm

Congratulations on your good taste, Steven. I am sure you will enjoy Glasgow.

I would suggest that you make links with the RCS as quickly as possible. Allan Neave is the cornerstone of classical guitar there. Keep an eye on events there, mostly student recitals, but note the Big Guitar Weekend there each November.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Return to “Members' Announcements”