Major and Minor Scales by J.K. Mertz

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
Daniel Nistico

Major and Minor Scales by J.K. Mertz

Post by Daniel Nistico » Sat May 05, 2018 9:44 pm

Dear Delcamp guitarists,

As you know, Mertz was one of the greatest guitarists of the 19th century. His scales are hardly studied by guitarists today, but offer huge value to anyone who plays them.

They’re 2 octave scales that don’t use any repeating finger patterns, meaning you can learn the fretboard by thinking of every note you play. Each scale also has a beautiful cadence that teaches you basic harmonic progressions.

I have edited and formatted Mertz’s scales, making them clear and easy to read for a modern guitar player.

In addition, I have created an appendix that describes fun and musical ways to practice scales, including varying dynamics and articulation. These ideas are based on 19th century principles that are not often taught today. You also get access to HD videos where I play the scales 10 times at different speeds.

These scales and practice methods will help you greatly improve many aspects of your guitar playing, including:

- speed
- technique
- rhythm
- fretboard knowledge
- harmony
- control of expressive devices (dynamics, articulation, etc.)

Mertz was one of the greatest guitarists of all time, so take advantage of this valuable resource.

Purchase the Ebook at: http://www.danielnistico.net/mertz-scales.html

Return to “Members' Announcements”