New ensemble arrangements of contemporary music

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
Derek Hasted

New ensemble arrangements of contemporary music

Post by Derek Hasted » Mon May 07, 2018 8:49 am

Greetings all!

If this is of no interest, just move on - I don't want to waste your time :-)

But...
Many of you will play in an ensemble or will teach school children in groups.

A crowd-pleaser (a simple piece that a non-guitar audience will know and love) is an important part of programming a successful and memorable concert.

With so much free ensemble music available online, it will seem a bit odd that I'm telling you about some that isn't free. But contemporary (OK, I mean mainly "pop") music is always copyright, and so getting hold of an arrangement for guitar ensemble means either arranging the piece yourself, searching for a pirate copy, or getting hold of an arrangement where the original copyright holder is rewarded (as he should be) by sales of someone else's arrangement.

And so, in a shameless act of self-promotion, I invite you to look at the contemporary pieces I've arranged for guitar ensemble or for flute and guitar. If you buy a download, then it's legal and the original copyright holder is properly paid. And that's why it's not free to get hold of a copy :-)

Have a look at http://www.derek-hasted.co.uk/smp/

Best regards
Nothing in this life is impossible except skiing through revolving doors

Return to “Members' Announcements”