One hundred and counting - more arrangements

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
Derek Hasted

One hundred and counting - more arrangements

Post by Derek Hasted » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:40 pm

Hello all!

With so much fine ensemble music on the web, available for no cost at all, I realise that some of us are ploughing lonely furrows when we charge for our arrangements(*).

But at the end of the day, so much music that's popular with audiences is still under copyright, and that means that making new arrangements needs permission, and permission costs money - and that's the only way to get legal editions of contemporary arrangements.

If any of you are interested in some ensemble music (2-5 guitars or large ensembles), and guitar & flute music, do at least have a (free) look at http://www.derek-hasted.co.uk/smp/ where you can see and hear before you purchase. And they've all been tried in concert, so they are designed to lock together well and not come apart under pressure!

Have a great weekend everyone

Regards
Derek

(*) I do have some free ensembles too, suitable for less experienced groups, at http://www.derek-hasted.co.uk/free/
Nothing in this life is impossible except skiing through revolving doors - www.derek-hasted.co.uk

mvisscher

Re: One hundred and counting - more arrangements

Post by mvisscher » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:26 pm

Hi Derek, thanks for this!

I've used a lot of your ensemble music in the past for my student groups (of all ages) and I can attest to the high quality of your work. The scores are well laid out, easy to read and the pieces are always pleasing to both audience and performers. I have only used your own compositions however, so I'm happy that you've set out this option of popular tunes as well.

Derek Hasted

Post by Derek Hasted » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:56 pm

Thank you mvisscher - it's lovely to get some feedback. Where in the world are you?
Nothing in this life is impossible except skiing through revolving doors - www.derek-hasted.co.uk

Derek Hasted

Post by Derek Hasted » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:57 pm

Aha - a bit of poking around in the dusty archives, and I've answered my own question! Welcome back :-)

mvisscher

Post by mvisscher » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:19 pm

Hi Derek;

Sorry for the late reply!...yes it's been a while since I've visited the forum...many (non-guitar) projects have taken up way too much time but I'm feeling back on track and enjoying the delcamp threads once more. And Calgary winters provide lots of time indoors for such endeavours!

cheers,

Murray

Derek Hasted

Post by Derek Hasted » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:24 pm

:-)

Return to “Members' Announcements”